January Jelly Beans 2014!

Yes, lm glad I'm able to do my normal NST's at my doctors office! It makes it pretty convenient and I just pay one $10 copay and it covers the NST and doctor visit.

Yup, BPP is biophysical profile. It's an ultrasound that looks for 4 specific things and they give you a score. They look for breathing movements from the baby, body movements, muscle tone, and measures amniotic fluid. The ultrasound and NST is supposed to give the doctor a good idea on how the baby is doing . The lower the score, the higher the chances that the baby needs to come out soon.

I love Felicity. I think its awesome you guys have been able to keep it to yourselves! My dh really wanted to keep it a secret, but everyone knows. lol

Lindsay I get those BPP twice a week and a NST just to make sure Ivan is ok

Can't wait to see him tom :)

Felicity is a cute name..

Dh and I are also keeping our chosen names secret.

Felicity is a lovely name!!

We are having either Florence Eve or Harriet Eve, will decide when we see her :) can't wait!

Em xxx

My sis really likes Ellie and we like Elliot. She's having a girl. They are quite similar. My oh likes Luke because of Luke Skywalker :dohh: I think once we have settled on a name it will be much better but I'm still looking for now. Typically I had loads of girls names I loved but it wasn't to be!

Felicity is a lovely name :thumbup:

I wanted to keep Elliot's name a secret but DH has managed to blab it to everyone :dohh:

I also like Elliot Del but I am biased as that is what I am going to call my little boy :haha: :blush:

32 weeks today :wohoo:

We thought of Elliot as well if we were having a boy. We used to really want Elijah, but it has gotten quite popular. A coworker named their little boy that as well. We were pregnant at the same time last year, but I MC. I only told him because he is very anti-religion and I told him that I wanted the name that meant Messenger of God. (DH and I are religious). I never thought he'd use it. Well, there ya go.

My sis really likes Ellie and we like Elliot. She's having a girl. They are quite similar. My oh likes Luke because of Luke Skywalker :dohh: I think once we have settled on a name it will be much better but I'm still looking for now. Typically I had loads of girls names I loved but it wasn't to be!

Yeah they are very similar and would make very cute boy/girl twin names! LOL I can see why you wouldn't want to choose it but if you both love it, I don't see anything wrong with it. :) My hubby is just like your OH and liked Luke because of Star Wars. In fact, when we had our older son and weren't married, he wanted to name him Luke Sky Walker (my maiden name is Walker). LOL I vetoed that one!! Besides the whole star wars connection, in the US Luke is a pretty popular name (not top 10 but up there) - I know quite a few people with Lukes for sons and
I didn't want to go for something so popular. :shrug: He brought it up again this time but I'm still not a big fan. But in the end this little guy will be getting a sci-fi connected name...he'll be called Ryker James. My hubby was on board right away as he's also a huge Star Trek fan and it's the name of the second in command from The Next Generation (though spelt differently); I just happened to come across it in a names list and liked it! :thumbup: Also like you, I already have a girls name picked out but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, I finally had my latest OB appointment today after it being rescheduled twice. Everything is looking good! :happydance: She went over my u/s results from last week and apparently this little guy is measuring along the 34th percentile currently but she was happy with that. Also they said that from his measurements they would put my due date to be the 8th vice the 13th....but she's going to keep my EDD to the 13th from now since that was from an earlier u/s. But she's happy with everything and so far no worries about his growth. Yay!! :)

Glad everything's looking good Jess!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you American mamas :)

This week my gait has started waddling. Anyone else finding walking painful and difficult?

Bubba is making me walk funny,quite ahead of the lilypie ticker ;)

My hubby kept teasing me that I was waddling and I didn't really believe him. But last Friday I went shopping with my mom and she said the same thing! :dohh: So I guess I do have the pregnancy waddle going on. LOL But like you, it's definitely from it getting painful to move. My back hurts, I have some pelvic pain and even some hip pain. It definitely makes it hard to walk. Even turning over in bed if painful to me now. Oh, the joys of pregnancy huh? :winkwink:

I don't think I'm waddling, but I was wearing a dress for my baby shower on Saturday, and when I saw pictures I was HORRIFIED at how far apart my legs were when I was sitting opening presents! I was like a five year old who has no clue she's displaying her crotch. My dress was long enough, but it still looks horrible. I'll be cropping off the bottom half of a lot of those pictures! Planning to wear a dress tomorrow, but I'll be wearing leggings or opaque tights. It is definitely hard to sit with my legs together and I can't really cross my legs. :( I'm very glad it's not summer when I'd be wearing more shorts or skirts. At least at work my legs are under a desk! :)

Still not set on a name here either. I almost have my husband set on Blake. He said last weekend he wanted to look through names one more time and then he would commit. We got through 1/2 the names, which consisted of us making fun of most of them, and then he fell asleep while we were still doing it!! What a butt, ha ha. I am going to bug the crap out of him tonight to sit down and commit! He hasn't found a single name he likes and Blake is the only one he can tolerate on my list :p

Glad appointments are going well for most! I am getting super uncomfortable. I have a spot to the left of my belly button that's super tender (almost feels like a bruise), that has been going on for a while now. It's starting to hurt a lot worse now and I am having a hard time picking up dd because of it. I mentioned it to the midwife a while back and she didn't seem concerned, but now that it's gotten worse I am getting all paranoid that something is wrong. My next appointment is the 6th. I could call the midwife line, but I hate asking questions like that over the phone. Anyone else have pain like that??

Happy Thanksgiving to the US ladies :) I am hoping my stomach can hold all the food I am hoping to eat, ha ha.

I don't waddle yet (thank God) though there are no shortage of people who will take great satisfaction in telling me when I do :haha:

Del if you like Elliot go for it.. He won't get called Ellie anyway, especially if he has a cousin called Ellie so will be fine :)

I think we've got our names sorted, but worried will all change on the day. Really want to see baby again now! We saw them at 7 weeks, 11+3, 11+6 and 20+2 (I think) so this is longest we've been and I want more!! Xx

I am so happy I've made it to 33 weeks. I hope my little man can stay in there for 3 more weeks at the least! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the U.S ladies! :happydance: I can't wait for turkey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->