January Jellybeans 2013!...

My scan went well this morning. I was a hot mess of nerves. Total ultrasound time was probably close to an hour. Everything looked good and no concerns. I even got some 3D images.

This baby is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I cried.

Attachments

• 2012-09-04_09-27-44_138.jpg
    2012-09-04_09-27-44_138.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 11
So now that I've hit 20wks I've noticed baby moving less than the week before last week I felt it so often now I have to be relaxed to even feel anything I know some of u have gone through the same thing I just find it really fustrating !

We are barely buying anything. My husband is getting out of the military in November, so he wants to wait to buy until we have moved the 600 miles back home.

Kind of funny thing happened, yesterday, my husband and I were watching this documentary about plastic bags. Out of the blue, he looks over at me and says, I think we should cloth diaper, but find one that's like changing a disposable diaper. So now we are purchasing BumGenius all in one, one size fits all cloth diapers... I'm not really sure how it came up, but ya. That's happening. 400 bucks for 18 diapers and a few other necessities for cloth diapering and we won't be paying another dime for diapers.

We are barely buying anything. My husband is getting out of the military in November, so he wants to wait to buy until we have moved the 600 miles back home.

Kind of funny thing happened, yesterday, my husband and I were watching this documentary about plastic bags. Out of the blue, he looks over at me and says, I think we should cloth diaper, but find one that's like changing a disposable diaper. So now we are purchasing BumGenius all in one, one size fits all cloth diapers... I'm not really sure how it came up, but ya. That's happening. 400 bucks for 18 diapers and a few other necessities for cloth diapering and we won't be paying another dime for diapers.

I am thinking about doing cloth diapers too... i just dont know much about them.

I feel so out of the loop with you girls. Because its the second time around. I'm not buying any new items of clothes as all of Eva's one were gender neutral. No new baby furniture. I'm not having a baby shower. I'm not decorating the nursery as it will still be Evas room as the baby will be in our room.

I feel like I can't join in with all the fun topics :-(

I'm the same. We're hopefully going to be buying a new house in the next few months, so no nursary to decorate yet & I have loads of clothes from DS so there's no point buying much unless it's a girl. DS will also be long out of his cot by the time baby needs it, so there's very little we need.

https://www.pistachioproject.com/2012/01/cloth-diapers-101-starting-cloth.html

I am thinking about doing cloth diapers too... i just dont know much about them.

I did a huge amount of research into cloth diapering. I can't be bothered with prefolds and covers so I registered for BumGenius One-size pocket diapers on Diapers.com. The all-in-ones are most like a regular diaper and therefore super easy to use. The downside is they take forever to dry because all that padding and what not is not removable.

I chose the pocket diapers because you can add additional inserts into the diaper for overnight use and separate the components for faster drying time. I also only chose the snap diapers because velcro in washing machines is a recipe for disaster.

I registered for 18 of them. They have an excellent resale value, even gently used, so if you hate them you will get your money back on EBay!

And FWIW, I don't think they fit newborns very well so you will still need lots of disposables early on!

hmm.... i dunno... it sounds like a major pain in the ass
I did a huge amount of research into cloth diapering. I can't be bothered with prefolds and covers so I registered for BumGenius One-size pocket diapers on Diapers.com. The all-in-ones are most like a regular diaper and therefore super easy to use. The downside is they take forever to dry because all that padding and what not is not removable.

I chose the pocket diapers because you can add additional inserts into the diaper for overnight use and separate the components for faster drying time. I also only chose the snap diapers because velcro in washing machines is a recipe for disaster.

I registered for 18 of them. They have an excellent resale value, even gently used, so if you hate them you will get your money back on EBay!

And FWIW, I don't think they fit newborns very well so you will still need lots of disposables early on!

I dunno... it sounds like a major pain in the ass!!!

Kaiecee the same thing happened to me when I hit 20 weeks, baby suddenly went very, very still after crazy movememnts the weeks before. Got me a little worried but I figured he was just having a growth spurt. He started wriggling away again soon after.

kaiecee - I have had on and off days since about 20 weeks... sometimes he goes 3-4 days without moving... no worries

I've just had 3 days with very little movement, until yesterday afternoon and it went crazy and has hardly stopped for the past 24 hours!

I've bought a new pram/car seat, but thats it, have everything else, and the 'nursery' is already pale green, so just leaving it as it is.

I just realized im out of the nasty wierd fruit! now onto the cool ones :happydance:

Today im going to get our cake designed/picked out for our baby shower Nov. 10th! im so excited with how creative they can get, and how FLIPPING good its going to be, yum!

Jrowen - check this out. These are the ones we are using.

https://www.gdiapers.com/shop/?gclid=CPqO1vOXnLICFZSC7Qod-AcAiA

There is the cloth insert option and also an insert that is biodegradable and you can flush it or even use it in compost for gardening. They dry really quickly (if you are using the cloth insert) .... check out the videos .. they were really helpful to me. I have a few friends that love their cloth diapers and they used the gdiaper brand.

We are going to do cloth while at home and when we need to go out, use the biodegradable ones. :thumbup: I bought the first set of diaper covers already and they are cute.

My scan went well this morning. I was a hot mess of nerves. Total ultrasound time was probably close to an hour. Everything looked good and no concerns. I even got some 3D images.

This baby is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I cried.

So glad everything went well :)

I wouldn't be doing all the new buying if I hadn't gotten rid of everything from DD. We really thought we weren't going to have any more children so we gave everything away. I did find her bumbo chair and her crib. As for little things, there was a pair of tennis shoes and a dress. Everything else has been given away to friends and family. Which I don't mind having new stuff even if we are having another girl but had I known we would change our minds, I think I would have held on to some things a little longer. lol!

My best friend had her baby back on Thursday and we went last night to see him. She had a scheduled c-section as her first son was delivered by c-section and they said this one would weigh about what her other son did, close to 8 pounds maybe a little less...they pulled him out and he weighed 9lbs!!! She had a lot of family over yesterday so I didn't get to hold him much but he sure was a cutie. I told her I would wait until things calmed down more and come back so I could see them more.

Does anyone else have the problem that the kicks/movements they are getting hurt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->