January Jellybeans 2013!...

Does anyone else have the problem that the kicks/movements they are getting hurt?

His kicks dont hurt, but i think sometimes he does kick and i feel somtimes like my cervix twinges/tingles (like quick little bee stings) or somthing of that sort... it lasts like 5 seconds and it stops, i was assuming its him kicking my lower part and causing that feeling?

https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/ellababy.jpg
https://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/nikkilewis14/ellamad.jpg

Ella is doing perfectly! And yes she is stillllll a girl lol... heart is perfect, spine is perfect, no cleft palates! Looks great.. i will now have ultrasounds every month due to my Diabetes but heyyyy all the more to see my peanut! :)

Awww so cute Nikki! Glad the scan went well & she's still a she! :D

awesome Nikki!

I keep thinking "what if my LO isnt a boy anymore?!" haha considering we have bought so much boy stuff already!

But honestly.... how can things change that much after seeing a strict wee wee and his little package.. or what the tech liked to call his "turtle" haha

ok, this is SO totally wierd... but im curious if this has happened to any of you..

the past week or so, my left ear feels as if there is water stuck in it or somthing as i keep hearing my pulse on that side. Its not really muffled, but feels like it kinda is. I tried plugging my nose and blowing to try and "pop" it like you do in higher altitude, i always clean my ears out with Q tips (gently of course) and there isnt any water in there, i dont understand whats going on with it! its annoying!

nikki
congrats happy to hear ur little girl is perfect :) jealous that u get a u/s every month

love the pics

Hey sassy I was thinking maybe the weight gain could be related to diabetes? Have you done the gestational diabetes test yet?

ok, this is SO totally wierd... but im curious if this has happened to any of you..

the past week or so, my left ear feels as if there is water stuck in it or somthing as i keep hearing my pulse on that side. Its not really muffled, but feels like it kinda is. I tried plugging my nose and blowing to try and "pop" it like you do in higher altitude, i always clean my ears out with Q tips (gently of course) and there isnt any water in there, i dont understand whats going on with it! its annoying!

Wow the EXACT same thing is happening to me as I type! It is very annoying! Is your blood pressure ok? That's the first thing people say to me when I mention it. Mine is fine, 108/60 at the last checkup. I'm thinking it might be wax buildup? I've never had that problem before...

Hey, ladies with other children, do I need to get an infant car seat, or will getting a convertible one that does rear facing for 5 pounds and up do the trick? Car seats are so expensive and its worth the expense for safety, but not to get two different car seats in the first year if just getting a convertible is plenty.

I hope all your gestational diabetes tests come back negative!!! I have been living with type 1 diabetes for 11 years(although very different from gestational diabetes) and its a pain in the rear. However, if you do come back positive I can help all of you who need it. I also teach anatomy and a basic nutrition course so if your looking for some alternatives to eating better so your sugar doesn't run through the roof I can def help you :)

hahaha ohhhhhh and i was told I have an anterior and posterior placenta!!! Like WTF!? lol.. it curves around my right side and baby loves to lean up against it and stomp on my cervix haha..

Hey, ladies with other children, do I need to get an infant car seat, or will getting a convertible one that does rear facing for 5 pounds and up do the trick? Car seats are so expensive and its worth the expense for safety, but not to get two different car seats in the first year if just getting a convertible is plenty.

I posted the questions weeks ago on FB for my FB moms out there. The few moms who carry/sling said just the convertible seat. However, all the other moms said the infant seat is indispensable because you don't want to wake a sleeping baby to remove them from a seat and they are more convenient for going out to eat, shopping, etc.

I have decided on infant carrier then seat.

We did infant seat first as well... There seem to be a lot of reviews out there from moms who dislike how big the convertible seat is around a small infant. The infant carrier is designed to support them the right way...

Ditty and Nikki, so pleased your scans went well :)

Ditty, you're so well researched on things!! Thanks for the diaper and car seat info and to all the other ladies for the cloth diaper discussion, definitely interested in that too, just after the first few months I think!

Nikki, I would love to find out what you know about nutrition! My gestational diabetes test came back negative - phew - but I still would like to try and not put on too much weight :)

Hope everyone is feeling well and you northern hemisphere ladies are enjoying the last few weeks of warm weather! I am looking forward to some summer sun down here!

xxx

Thanks Nikki! I'm hoping it comes back negative. My grandmother has lived with it for 17 years now. She does insulin shots but has managed her diet very well and I learned a lot from her just about eating healthy and portion control. I'm not big on sweets ... actually this baby is making me despise sweets so thankfully that won't be an issue if the test came around to be positive. I did some reading about gestational diabetes and the only thing that seems to up my risk is that I do have family members with it. Hopefully the weight that has come on like crazy is just nothing major. But if it is GD, sorry if I bombard you with questions. :haha:

As for the car seat discussion, I'm in agreement about getting the infant one because when you go out, you just don't want to have to wake them up or if you go to a restaurant, they need somewhere to be until they can sit up properly. I plan on having a sling too and seeing how it works. I especially want the sling for when we do our grocery shopping because I remember having to put DD's car seat with the groceries because I was too short to see over it if it was up in the front part. :haha:
We actually bought a convertible one when she got older and still ended up buying a different booster that she has now ... so I don't know that convertibles are worth it. We gave the booster to her cousin so it went to a good home but I think overall it ended up being a waste of money.

Appetite ... mine is not big during lunch time or dinner. I do get hungry but I can't seem to eat much, however breakfast is when I am the hungriest and I like to have a little more than just cereal. Before cereal was fine, but now I like to make scrambled eggs and biscuits. I suppose baby making me lactose intolerant doesn't help on the cereal front any. I did try the Soymilk they have out and while it doesn't taste bad, it is just so different I'm not too fond of it. Unless it is the chocolate soymilk. Now that is YUMMY! But that would make cereal taste weird. haha!

I am ready for fall! Bring on the cool weather. It has been nightmarishly hot this year. YUCK! I'm ready for boots and sweaters! Well .... I may just go with the boots as I sweat bad enough now. hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->