January Jellybeans 2013!...

They say to moisturize, but if you are predetermined to get them, there's nothing you can do about it. That special cream they sell doesn't work. I slathered myself so silly with it, I practically slid off chairs, when pg with the boys, and I still got them.

I have some on my boobs and thighs just from growing from teen to adult so Im sur im gonna get the

Hey, ladies with other children, do I need to get an infant car seat, or will getting a convertible one that does rear facing for 5 pounds and up do the trick? Car seats are so expensive and its worth the expense for safety, but not to get two different car seats in the first year if just getting a convertible is plenty.

Honestly I prefer the infant car seat. I think it's easy enough to carry them in and out of the car and they don't get disturbed if they're sleeping. One benefit I found was when I had dd I lived in a colder climate then I do now and I could just open the door and put the carseat onto the base. There was no fussing around when it was 10* below zero. Also if you had to make a quick trip to the store you just unlock the seat from the base an lock onto the cart. I do have one of the carseats that are rear and forward facing and are good from 5lbs but I didn't purchase that til dd was old enough to be forward facing. I plan on buying a travel system so it will be infant car seat and stroller.

I do want to add that I never bought one of the mobi wraps so I don't have any experience with them and whether or not it's a hassle to take baby from a seat to the wrap. But like I said that wouldn't be an option for me living in the cold climate. :thumbup:

I had zero stretch marks til the last week of my pregnancy with dd, I begged my dr to induce me at 39weeks. He induced me at 39weeks 6days. And I had developed a few lovely stretch marks in that time. Thankfully they're not very noticeable BUT they are super sensitive to the touch. :shrug:

I am in a bad mood today... sorry for my cranky posts...

So, I asked my mother in law for her guest list for baby shower and she has like a million people on the damn list. A lot of the guests are HER FRIENDS... is this weird, or what?!

I don't know if I should say anything... Also, she wants to invite kids... ughhh sometimes I hate party planning!

So, I asked my mother in law for her guest list for baby shower and she has like a million people on the damn list. A lot of the guests are HER FRIENDS... is this weird, or what?!

I don't know if I should say anything... Also, she wants to invite kids... ughhh sometimes I hate party planning!

if shes paying for it, she can invite whoever she wants! haha but then again, it wouldnt be bad to mention you wanted to keep it low key as well if u wanted (take it as a compliment tho, it shows shes SUPER excited for you) plus... u get more gifts!

Strech marks dont really run in the family. I dont have any yet even tho my belly is getting quite big, but i just started using lotion after i shower bc im getting the belly itchies already...

even when i had large boobies i didnt have stretch marks, but after my reduction they were smaller... and now they grew back to the size they were! and bc of that there are some small stretch marks here and there, but nothing bad.... i guess this is what i get for getting the reduction BEFORE having kids!

If she's paying and her friends want to come then I'd just sit there and smile while opening their gifts. :rofl: I'm not sure how old the friends are but if they're not tech savvy enough to figure out how to do the registries maybe have her list a few things you want/ need in their invites. :shrug: good luck.

OMG same here!!! Its not even his fam its her friends who she doesnt even see but once a year and then she expects my mom to split everything with her.. all the people on my side are my close close friends or my family, and my moms one best friend.... theres 93 people on the list! WTF!

I need to share a story with you guys that is really bothering me.

I made several posts to FB in the last couple of days about being nervous about my anomaly scan and then with the good results and picture yesterday accompanied by a caption that said "Clean bill of health! Relieved and Excited!"

I got a private message from a distant friend who is never on FB and recently had a baby with a congenital heart defect. The baby is 4 months old and has had 2 open heart surgeries.

She approached the message with "I don't want to upset you or scare you BUT...." I knew this wasn't going to be good. Here are some snippets:

• "All the posts and comments on the anatomy us on how thank god it's normal and then people saying its always normal really upset me." - I didn't write anything about how scans are always normal. I know better. All I wrote was I was really nervous prior to scan and that scan was normal and I was relieved afterwards. And the folks who posted things about "of course it was normal" were just being encouraging!
  • "Anyway I just wanted to say something bc no doubt u have a friend u don't even know if that has been through something u may not even know"
  • "And these post made me so upset."

Am I not to post anything about my pregnancy if it is going well for fear of upsetting someone who can't get pregnant/lost a baby/has an ill child?
I am supposed to feel guilty for a normal anatomy scan?
I am supposed to feel guilty because your baby is sick and so far mine is not?

This really upset me. I understand she can be jealous and rightfully so. I find it inappropriate to even tell me she's unhappy with my joyful post. But to imply that I might be hurting other people because my pregnancy is healthier than hers is what really bothers me and that my posts are somehow inappropriate makes me so annoyed I want to cry.

I made several posts to FB in the last couple of days about being nervous about my anomaly scan and then with the good results and picture yesterday accompanied by a caption that said "Clean bill of health! Relieved and Excited!"

I got a private message from a distant friend who is never on FB and recently had a baby with a congenital heart defect. The baby is 4 months old and has had 2 open heart surgeries.

She approached the message with "I don't want to upset you or scare you BUT...." I knew this wasn't going to be good. Here are some snippets:

• "All the posts and comments on the anatomy us on how thank god it's normal and then people saying its always normal really upset me." - I didn't write anything about how scans are always normal. I know better. All I wrote was I was really nervous prior to scan and that scan was normal and I was relieved afterwards. And the folks who posted things about "of course it was normal" were just being encouraging!
  • "Anyway I just wanted to say something bc no doubt u have a friend u don't even know if that has been through something u may not even know"

Am I not to post anything about my pregnancy if it is going well for fear of upsetting someone who can't get pregnant/lost a baby/has an ill child?

This really upset me. I understand she can be jealous and rightfully so. I find it inappropriate to even tell me she's unhappy with my joyful post. But to imply that I might be hurting other people because my pregnancy is healthier than hers is what really bothers me and that my posts are somehow inappropriate makes me so annoyed I want to cry.

Firstly, try not to let it get to you, i do appriciate that its easier said than done. If you want to go back, tell her that whilst you understand shes had a hard time, you dont feel what you posted was "in your face" and that whilst you feel dreadful that her child is going through something awful, it doesnt give her the right to be insensitive about your worries and concerns.

It sounds like shes got a bit of tunnel vision with this, and she's focusing on it because it means so much to her. Respond gently but firmly, or not at all. Just try to be the better person, and when all is said and done focus on the fact that your scan was A-OK, because thats the important bit. x

if shes paying for it, she can invite whoever she wants! haha but then again, it wouldnt be bad to mention you wanted to keep it low key as well if u wanted (take it as a compliment tho, it shows shes SUPER excited for you) plus... u get more gifts!

Strech marks dont really run in the family. I dont have any yet even tho my belly is getting quite big, but i just started using lotion after i shower bc im getting the belly itchies already...

even when i had large boobies i didnt have stretch marks, but after my reduction they were smaller... and now they grew back to the size they were! and bc of that there are some small stretch marks here and there, but nothing bad.... i guess this is what i get for getting the reduction BEFORE having kids!

She isn't paying for it!!! My mom is paying and its at a restaurant!!!! His MIL didn't even ask me if there is a limit or anything she just put HER FRIENDS on the list. One of the friends is my husbands ex girlfriends MOM!

OMG same here!!! Its not even his fam its her friends who she doesnt even see but once a year and then she expects my mom to split everything with her.. all the people on my side are my close close friends or my family, and my moms one best friend.... theres 93 people on the list! WTF!

I just dont understand people! It was one thing when she did this at my wedding... but this is celebrating my BABY... its such a personal thing! My mom is paying for the shower and its a catered event at a hall so you would think MIL would ask how many ppl can she invite. And I don't understand why there is a THREE YEAR OLD on the list!

I just dont understand people! It was one thing when she did this at my wedding... but this is celebrating my BABY... its such a personal thing! My mom is paying for the shower and its a catered event at a hall so you would think MIL would ask how many ppl can she invite. And I don't understand why there is a THREE YEAR OLD on the list!

Ok so go over her list and count out the acceptable amount of people (people you actually want) and invite them. Or you tell her you planned on a more intimate event and she's allowed x amount of people or she can pay $$$ per person to have them come. It's totally a different ball game since she's not paying. Tell her she can throw a party at her place for the unwanted. I mean the extras. :haha:

Unfortunately, this woman is feeling a bit of bitterness because her baby is sick. I know when I had my miscarriage, I felt the same way that she did when I would read peoples posts about being pregnant or their children, but even though it burned me with bitterness and jealousy, I did understand that these women are just living their individual lives and excited about what is happening in their lives and are sharing it with their friends on FB. I think it was very selfish that she took her bitterness out on you. Maybe you can write her back and say that you are very sorry for what she is going through, but that your experience is separate from hers. I dont know. she put you in such an awkward position and it's really selfish that she did that. To be honest, I would just ignore the message and Iwouldn't comment back. If you never see her and youre just in touch via FB than leave it at that. She should be happy knowing from experience how difficult it is to have an ill child and she should be happy for you that your baby is healthy

Ok so go over her list and count out the acceptable amount of people (people you actually want) and invite them. Or you tell her you planned on a more intimate event and she's allowed x amount of people or she can pay $$$ per person to have them come. It's totally a different ball game since she's not paying. Tell her she can throw a party at her place for the unwanted. I mean the extras. :haha:

HAHAHA unwanted... I guess the thing I am most annoyed about is that she didn't even ASK... she just sends her list over knowing that my mom is paying for it! I don't know why she doesnt understand that all your neighbors shouldn't be celebrating my baby.. its just weird haha

So I have a very close gf who went through the heart defect thing (didn't know until the baby was born) followed by heart surgery - however - these are RARE to occur and I don't see anything wrong with posting that things went/ are going well....
Try and stay diplomatic in ur approach since u don't want to get into a big fight - stick to saying something like - thanks for letting me know ur feelings, I am certainly not trying to rub anything in someones face and while I understand that there can be risks still - I'm trying to show my excitement and share the information with family/ friends. I'm very sorry ur situation was different and do understand that people have unfortunate things happen in their lives but it's not my responsibility to shelter them or not post happy news. FB does have options so that u don't see certain peoples posts and if someone were uncomfortable, I'd like them to use that option. Thanks for letting me know ur concerns.
- Obviously u can choose how to write it, but I wanted to give an example of how to avoid the conflict and yet state ur feelings.....

It sucks when someone has to be a total buzz kill and take away the special moment.
Try and look past it, u can get caught up on anything. Should u not wish ur own parent a happy bday since others have lost their parents? There are lots of things that u COULD post that COULD upset someone. Good luck. I would suggest setting ur fb to not show her everything....

She isn't paying for it!!! My mom is paying and its at a restaurant!!!! His MIL didn't even ask me if there is a limit or anything she just put HER FRIENDS on the list. One of the friends is my husbands ex girlfriends MOM!
Hey Jamie, I have a feeling I'll be dealing with the same issue at mine - even at wedding she complained about how it's not enough people, blah blah blah.... We did add a few extras but let her know a CLEAR number we needed to abide by.
For my shower that my mom is throwing, she's only going to invite some of the family members and not give an option for them to invite people since they could just throw their own shower. Not sure how to approach it exactly but either let her know a limit or suggest that she throw her own shower? People seem to forget how much it costs to feed people....

Hey Jamie, I have a feeling I'll be dealing with the same issue at mine - even at wedding she complained about how it's not enough people, blah blah blah.... We did add a few extras but let her know a CLEAR number we needed to abide by.
For my shower that my mom is throwing, she's only going to invite some of the family members and not give an option for them to invite people since they could just throw their own shower. Not sure how to approach it exactly but either let her know a limit or suggest that she throw her own shower? People seem to forget how much it costs to feed people....

people are so weird... like you, this hapened at my wedding too. My parent's guest list was like 25 people and her list was like 60 people. She invites her neighbors and friends that I don't even know. At my bridal shower, she was intoduing me to people that she invited to my shower!

people are so weird... like you, this hapened at my wedding too. My parent's guest list was like 25 people and her list was like 60 people. She invites her neighbors and friends that I don't even know. At my bridal shower, she was intoduing me to people that she invited to my shower!
Will r DH talk to her about it? Or does he avoid "getting in the middle"?

I just have to share I had a very bad day today and then I was looking on Facebook at my local buy swap sell baby/toddler and someone was selling the pram that I had my heart set on buy had decided was to much right now (around AU$700) and they only want AU$400 it comes with the pram and toddler seat a rain cover and a bassanet attachment for it they are going to hold it for me for 2 weeks I am so happy it made my whole day hehe

What pram was it?

Will r DH talk to her about it? Or does he avoid "getting in the middle"?

he will talk to her about it... he loves confrontation hahahah!

I just dont want her to be upset with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"