January Jellybeans 2013!...

MIL's.... ohh the joys.....

she gave us so much shit about not having kids at the wedding too... there are 21 kids... that would have been chaos!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant!

With DD I had two showers thankfully because my MIL invited distant family I had never ever met .... these people were lovely but it was weird going hi nice to meet you and thank you for bringing a perfect stranger a gift. haha! I think people like that should be in charge of their own showers. Then they wouldn't want to do so much when they have to foot the bill. I would definitely let her know that there is a limit and tell her no children. I had to send out a message to the girls I know telling them no kids mainly because my SIL has hell raisers that I do not want interrupting my party. She won't control him and I would have to throw him out the window or something. :haha:

she gave us so much shit about not having kids at the wedding too... there are 21 kids... that would have been chaos!

WOA! 21! No way! Children, like men have no interest in things that aren't about them. hahaha! I'm sending DH and DD out for a date during my shower. As wonderful as she is, she would get super bored after about 10 minutes and I want to be able to enjoy my party.

WOA! 21! No way! Children, like men have no interest in things that aren't about them. hahaha! I'm sending DH and DD out for a date during my shower. As wonderful as she is, she would get super bored after about 10 minutes and I want to be able to enjoy my party.

Thank you!!!! You're right... why the hell would 5-10 year olds want to be there?! I dont understand just because its a BABY shower doesnt mean babies need to be present! Sorry if I want the day to be peaceful and about ME... I went to my husbands cousins shower a month ago and all the kids were there and they were opening all the presents... could you PLEASE not open my breast pump, thank you!

Thank you!!!! You're right... why the hell would 5-10 year olds want to be there?! I dont understand just because its a BABY shower doesnt mean babies need to be present! Sorry if I want the day to be peaceful and about ME... I went to my husbands cousins shower a month ago and all the kids were there and they were opening all the presents... could you PLEASE not open my breast pump, thank you!
C'mon with all these hormones ur not going to get to the point of possibly yelling at them? I have a hard time being around certain peoples children when they're completely out of control and the parent just sits there while their child/ children nearly kill themselves doing very dangerous things.
We only had my new niece (4 months old) and our best man's baby (also 4 months old) at the wedding and it was for necessity. We decided on no children since cousins little guy and some family friends little guy have some SERIOUS issues, possibly autism or ADHD being completely untreated.... I don't want tantrums during a special time, thank u!

C'mon with all these hormones ur not going to get to the point of possibly yelling at them? I have a hard time being around certain peoples children when they're completely out of control and the parent just sits there while their child/ children nearly kill themselves doing very dangerous things.
We only had my new niece (4 months old) and our best man's baby (also 4 months old) at the wedding and it was for necessity. We decided on no children since cousins little guy and some family friends little guy have some SERIOUS issues, possibly autism or ADHD being completely untreated.... I don't want tantrums during a special time, thank u!

:dohh::dohh:

My MIL gave us soooo much shit for not allowing kids at our wedding. My sister in law and my brother have 3 kids and they were HAPPY we didn't allow kids because they said it was a nice night out of drinking and dancing and didn't have to watch the kids. Weddings are expensive and MEANINGFUL... kids dont know what the hell we are celebrating. The last thing I wanted was to pay all this money for a DJ so that the dance floor could be crowded with kids... man... im in a MOOD today!

There was only one child possibly two who could be classed as kids and they're my husbands cousins and he only has 5 in total so there was no way I wasn't inviting them. I also had little sisters who were 3 and 6 so they were going to be there.

But that was all the potential children at our wedding. So it was really easy for us to say "yes kids are invited" because there wasn't any to really invite. lol

I am in a bad mood today... sorry for my cranky posts...

So, I asked my mother in law for her guest list for baby shower and she has like a million people on the damn list. A lot of the guests are HER FRIENDS... is this weird, or what?!

I don't know if I should say anything... Also, she wants to invite kids... ughhh sometimes I hate party planning!

if shes paying for it, she can invite whoever she wants! haha but then again, it wouldnt be bad to mention you wanted to keep it low key as well if u wanted (take it as a compliment tho, it shows shes SUPER excited for you) plus... u get more gifts!

Strech marks dont really run in the family. I dont have any yet even tho my belly is getting quite big, but i just started using lotion after i shower bc im getting the belly itchies already...

even when i had large boobies i didnt have stretch marks, but after my reduction they were smaller... and now they grew back to the size they were! and bc of that there are some small stretch marks here and there, but nothing bad.... i guess this is what i get for getting the reduction BEFORE having kids!

She isn't paying for it!!! My mom is paying and its at a restaurant!!!! His MIL didn't even ask me if there is a limit or anything she just put HER FRIENDS on the list. One of the friends is my husbands ex girlfriends MOM!

Oh, then id for sure pull out the hammer and drop it ASAP. Thats so rude!

There was only one child possibly two who could be classed as kids and they're my husbands cousins and he only has 5 in total so there was no way I wasn't inviting them. I also had little sisters who were 3 and 6 so they were going to be there.

But that was all the potential children at our wedding. So it was really easy for us to say "yes kids are invited" because there wasn't any to really invite. lol

they were upset because i didn't allow "dates" at the wedding either unless you were engaged or in a serious relationship.

Ditty- I agree with Jrow..... i had 2 early MC's and it hurt so bad reading others posts etc bc it was still a fresh wound for me but i didnt hold it against anyone as I know they were enjoying what they had and are greatful. I think your friend or whoeevr is just being immature and needs and realize you can express your joy and its not meant to be a jab towards her.

Ditty- I agree with Jrow..... i had 2 early MC's and it hurt so bad reading others posts etc bc it was still a fresh wound for me but i didnt hold it against anyone as I know they were enjoying what they had and are greatful. I think your friend or whoeevr is just being immature and needs and realize you can express your joy and its not meant to be a jab towards her.

I remember when someone announced their pregnancy when they were only about 6 weeks pregnant and I was so bitter because I had kept my prenancy a secret "just in case" and then I lost the baby and here this girl was announcing on facebook and it made me bitter and jealous that i wanted to be selfish to make myself feel better and i wanted to say "you know you could still lose the baby..." Obviously I didn't do that and I am so ashamed that I was at that point of bitterness... but thats why i think this girl should not have acted out and said anything to Ditty... she was doing it just to ease he own pain

Hi ladies
I need some advice I've had 2 kids before so when I met dh he has no kids and mil and fil were all on board to have a baby shower for dh with their side of the family cuz its his first now after all planning and talking we call them last night and they throw it in my face it's not there job to do this for ME! Wtf???? I've had baby showers before they should do this for him to celebrate his first child am I wrong in this ? What should I think it do I'm confused? Please any feedback would be appreciated :)

The children opening the gifts and crowding around the expectant mom annoy me. Kids need to be taught it's not always about them and how to be gracious! Plus, all those kids makes photo-ops very challenging.

Hi ladies
I need some advice I've had 2 kids before so when I met dh he has no kids and mil and fil were all on board to have a baby shower for dh with their side of the family cuz its his first now after all planning and talking we call them last night and they throw it in my face it's not there job to do this for ME! Wtf???? I've had baby showers before they should do this for him to celebrate his first child am I wrong in this ? What should I think it do I'm confused? Please any feedback would be appreciated :)
It's odd that they wanted to do a shower and then suddenly cancelled doing it...
Well don't fret too much about it. It would be great for them to celebrate by having a shower but it may be better to just let it slide for the time being.
There is nothing written in stone that u must have one for any children - some places don't do any.... So just try to sit back and relax OR maybe talk to DH about it. If he really wants this shower then maybe think about doing a jack and jill party? See if friends or other people would like to throw it and don't involve MIL/FIL.... Good luck!

I knew you girls would understand.

I feel very bad that her baby was born with heart defects but her problem is NOT my problem. I have done nothing to be insensitive in this situation. She attacked me because she's hurt and jealous. I understand the emotions and it's hard to control them, however, you can control what you say and type. Anything less than outward graciousness and joy is weakness. Feel what you want on the inside, but don't steal my joy because it hurts to see someone happy when you're sad.

In all of the fluster of this morning, I didn't get a chance to say:

It's Fruit Day! Banana time!

Hi ladies

That is just flat out rude! You two are together in this baby .... he didn't make it all by himself! Why the hostility towards you? I believe you have a very large involvement in the baby process. If they have changed their minds on doing the shower, you and DH should throw your own party. And if certain people they wanted aren't invited .... Smile so sweetly and say well it isn't my job to do this for you. :D After all, it is a celebration of the baby you and DH made.

In laws drive me insane! They seem to get worse when it comes to babies and weddings.

CONGRATS!!!! I think I'm a papaya tomorrow?....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->