January Jellybeans 2013!...

Oh poor Eva! Hope it's just a 24hr thing & she gets better quickly. I hate it when my baby's ill. Luckily he's generally a very well child as he's not at nursary, so doesn't get exposed to as many bugs.

Give her some get well cuddles from us x

Thanks blossom. Its 6:40pm now and considerably better than she was during the day today. So hopefully by tomorrow she's all good.

Thanks Mel and Blossom :hugs:

I feel really bad considering it as Ive always worked right up until I cant reach my desk anymore but this pregnancy is killing me off and I think Id much rather be at home, on full pay, that at home on maternity pay. I think my boss is already preparing herself for me not working as far as originally planned as she keeps telling me not to work myself ill and asking what the earliest I can start my leave is, but tbh Im 22 weeks in and already struggling with stairs etc

Hi ladies I've been sick! Really sick! I'm down 17lbs from pre pregnant weight. I've had the flu (the REAL flu) twice in a month and I don't think I've ever had it before!!! Baby is doin great tho and kicking away.

I had my scan at 20 weeks last tues and other than the fact that the tech I booked for apparently quit and I got stuck with a numbskull who didn't turn the screen to me until the end and took me in 15 mins late it went well.

Glad you ladies are still busy as bees! I read as often as I can.

I feel really bad considering it as Ive always worked right up until I cant reach my desk anymore but this pregnancy is killing me off and I think Id much rather be at home, on full pay, that at home on maternity pay. I think my boss is already preparing herself for me not working as far as originally planned as she keeps telling me not to work myself ill and asking what the earliest I can start my leave is, but tbh Im 22 weeks in and already struggling with stairs etc

I wouldn't feel bad for it. If you're not up to working you're only going to cause yourself more problems by forcing yourself to go. I guess the only issue you'll have is whether you can stay off until 36 weeks as I'd imagine you'd just get signed off for a couple of weeks, then reassessed. If you're giving up a childcare place that you can't get back at short notice then you might be running a little bit of a risk of being stuck without childcare should you need to go back to work short term.

Hope you figure it out x

Heartburn is the worst. Been having it for weeks and it was making me sick. Two appointments ago I asked OB what I can do other than Tums because they weren't cutting it. She recommended Zantac (ranitidine) 75 or 150mg twice daily. It has saved me!!! I got these ones that are mint as you digest them, so before they work if you are refluxig you actually get a minty taste instead of acid! Now, Pepcid (famotidine) and Prilosec (omeprazole) are not safe. Not sure about Tagamet (cimetidine).

My heartburn is terrible. My dr put me on Zantac, but I realized yesterday I was having an allergic reaction to it. My chest would get tight, I would get a stabbing pain in my back, my throat felt like it was closing and it was hard to breathe. I called my dr yesterday and he told me to try Prevacid. I haven't gotten it yet, I want to look it up first. I hate taking any med while pg, but the acid is about killing me. I've gone through a bottle of Tums in like a month. :cry:

Heartburn is the worst. Been having it for weeks and it was making me sick. Two appointments ago I asked OB what I can do other than Tums because they weren't cutting it. She recommended Zantac (ranitidine) 75 or 150mg twice daily. It has saved me!!! I got these ones that are mint as you digest them, so before they work if you are refluxig you actually get a minty taste instead of acid! Now, Pepcid (famotidine) and Prilosec (omeprazole) are not safe. Not sure about Tagamet (cimetidine).

My heartburn is terrible. My dr put me on Zantac, but I realized yesterday I was having an allergic reaction to it. My chest would get tight, I would get a stabbing pain in my back, my throat felt like it was closing and it was hard to breathe. I called my dr yesterday and he told me to try Prevacid. I haven't gotten it yet, I want to look it up first. I hate taking any med while pg, but the acid is about killing me. I've gone through a bottle of Tums in like a month. :cry:

I find mine is worse after eating wheat... maybe try to see if you have any food triggers? x x x

I wouldn't feel bad for it. If you're not up to working you're only going to cause yourself more problems by forcing yourself to go. I guess the only issue you'll have is whether you can stay off until 36 weeks as I'd imagine you'd just get signed off for a couple of weeks, then reassessed. If you're giving up a childcare place that you can't get back at short notice then you might be running a little bit of a risk of being stuck without childcare should you need to go back to work short term.

Hope you figure it out x

I had thought about that but the SPD is not something that will go away, Im under the physio for it but she had made it clear there is little she can do and it will get worse as lo grows as the pressure on my pelvis will increase so I think once Im off Ill be off till after lo arrives.

I can't see too much of a problem then. The system ensures you get to take as much of your maternity leave as you want to when the baby is actually here, rather than using it instead of sick leave & ending up with less time with your baby. Your employer might not be over the moon, but I really think you should just focus on what's best for you x

me too i have a really big frezzer and i have a bread machine so ill be baking a whole bunch of different kids and frezzing those too ill even make cinnabuns :)

ive got a doctors appt. tomorrow morning im craving mcdonalds so ill stop there first which is across the street :) and ill ask the doc about weight gain cuz as of last month i had lost another pound and i havent gained anything since being pregnant so i want baby to be healthy

i have a bread maching too!!! GOod idea! Maybe when time gets closer, we can share some recipes!!!

I am trying to get my DH to cave in and go to Olive Garden for all you can eat pasta for dinner

Oh that Olive Garden commercial is ridiculous. I've been telling dh we need to go,but he seems to think its not a good enough reason to get off bed rest. The Longhorn commercial with the Parmesan crusted steak looks delish too. My belly is growling now. :haha:

My mother an probably mil will be in town when I deliver (providing I make it close to my due date) so I won't need to worry about cooking at all. :thumbup: but I think I'll have them stock the freezer before they leave. :haha: I could however use some help cooking now. Being stuk on bed rest with no help. Right now we have no family able to travel the 1800 miles to help us. :cry:

I find mine is worse after eating wheat... maybe try to see if you have any food triggers? x x x

The only thing that sets off heartburn this time (so far) is tomatoes/ketchup. I had the worse heartburn ever with my first pregnancy. BUT with this pregnancy it's been a struggle to eat at all which I didn't have in the first. Pregnancy certainly isn't predictable. :flower:

Betheny - glad Eva is feeling a bit better. poor thing

Snow - Well, I talked him into going to Olive Garden haha! It didn't take much convincing. He ate 3 bowls of pasta! hahahahaha!!!

anyone having trouble fitting their wedding ring on their swollen fingers? I can barely fit mine on and my husband wont let me get it sized so I have to stop wearing it i guess :shrug:

i have a long day ahead of me... guess I am gonna have a lot of BnB catching up to do tonight. TTYL!

Jrowenj...on certain days its a but tight, if i notice it gets too bad im goung to twke it off..its mostly on warm days.... If for some reason i dnt take it off and its stuck and i need a c section they have to cut it off :/

Betheny - glad Eva is feeling a bit better. poor thing

Snow - Well, I talked him into going to Olive Garden haha! It didn't take much convincing. He ate 3 bowls of pasta! hahahahaha!!!

anyone having trouble fitting their wedding ring on their swollen fingers? I can barely fit mine on and my husband wont let me get it sized so I have to stop wearing it i guess :shrug:

Yes. To begin with I just had to stop wearing it at night, but now I've stopped altogether. It's weird as I've only gained about 3lbs durin the pregnancy, but some of that must be fluid in my fingers! :)

Jrowenj...on certain days its a but tight, if i notice it gets too bad im goung to twke it off..its mostly on warm days.... If for some reason i dnt take it off and its stuck and i need a c section they have to cut it off :/

Really?! That seems excessive... What's the reasoning behind having to cut it off?

Oh! You better not get it stuck! I would cry if they cut my ring!

Yes. To begin with I just had to stop wearing it at night, but now I've stopped altogether. It's weird as I've only gained about 3lbs durin the pregnancy, but some of that must be fluid in my fingers! :)

I think my feet are swollen too. I tried a pair of heels on the other day and my foot looked like it was spilling out haha!

The fact that the whole environment needs to be sterile! But i thinkmits excessive too! My hands would be back behind a shield!

Hhah jrowen....miss piggy feets lol

If my ring gets stuck, i always run my finger under cold water, since it shrinks your finger down :) Also, you can always spray a little windex on your finger as well, it works really well to get rings off

Have any of you thought about who will be in the room with you with u deliver?

My MIL asked over the weekend and I said family can be in the room, up until i need to PUSH! Then its just hubby and I. She seemed kinda sad... but i only want it to be hubby and i for that experience, Also, I dont want to feel I need to fight to hold my baby or feel im not "sharing" to hold him once hes born....

I said the same.. I dnt care if ur there until i start pushing, then your outtttt! Just me hubby and baby time :)

I've known some girls with this issue while pregnant, one thing u may want to do instead is wear ur ring on a necklace - that way u can feel like ur wearing it - just not on ur hand! :)

I told my mom and my MIL that the requisite to be present for labor was you were present at the conception!

Plus my mom is a total mess when it comes to blood and me in pain. I am sure they would have to pick her up off of the floor. And if my mom isn't in there, his mom certainly won't be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->