January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ditty - I LOVE that theory of who can be in the room! hahahahaha!!!

I am only having my husband. That is just way too personal. My husband and I are so excited to start our family and we wanted a baby so badly, so I think that when the baby comes out and we hold him for the first time its going to be emotional and personal! I will let the family wait in the waiting room though and come in as soon as we are done having our moment : )

Yes and don't rush that moment of holding your little one for the first time. I was delirious after delivering DD and exhausted to the point I couldn't hardly focus so instead of getting time with our brand new little family, everyone got rushed in after I was back up in the bed. I had maybe delivered 10 minutes before ... they cleaned me up and everyone got ushered in and she got passed around like a football and then the nurses whisked her off for testing and I didn't see her for another 4 hours because they couldn't find a room for us... :growlmad:

This time, people will be lucky I let them in at all. :haha: I may make them wait until after we get in a room (out of delivery room). DH's family was holding up in our delivery room (up until push time) like they were going to miss something if they walked out for a minute. :dohh: I told my mom, don't hang out all day, it is no fun. lol! My brother was about 9 then so yea he would've been bored. We just updated her on the phone throughout the day. This time, she will be with DD and I said don't bring her up here until I call and say baby is in my arms. I don't understand people who make little ones sit at hospitals all day waiting for the delivery. Those poor things get bored so easily. I don't want DD to sit around all day either. Thank goodness at least my mom has sense. I know the minute we call, DH's ENTIRE family along with every child will be there. I'm investing in headphones and I'm going to pretend I'm sleeping the entire time so maybe they will leave. :haha::haha::haha:

I amn't lactose intolerant, but I really hate milk and have done since I was tiny. Up to about 15 weeks I tried to force a glass down everyday, but it made me feel so sick and I began to dread it. The milk got abandoned, but I do eat low-fat cheese and yoghurt everyday, plus my pre-natal vitamins contain 25% of my recommended daily amount, but I still worry I amn't getting enough. The figures still don't quite add up. :-(

It will def just be me and DH in the delivery room. To me it's so importnant that it's just me and him sharing that special moment. I just realised that the baby is due 4 months today! Eeeek!

Hubby agreed with me as well, just want it to be us and share our moment together.

I told my MIL that i didnt want ppl seeing my "goodies" and seeing/hearing my delivery face but hubby. and shes like "well i already seen you boobs!) bc she came with me to my breast reduction in the prep room where they drew on me...

Im like... thats TOTALLY different. I think she keeps trying to find ways to justify for her needing/wanting to be in the room.

NOPE, sorry NO WAY! Just Hubby and I! (but i kept saying, she will be allowed in up until the pushing, then shes out) apparently thats not good enough for her...

If my ring gets stuck, i always run my finger under cold water, since it shrinks your finger down :) Also, you can always spray a little windex on your finger as well, it works really well to get rings off

Have any of you thought about who will be in the room with you with u deliver?

My MIL asked over the weekend and I said family can be in the room, up until i need to PUSH! Then its just hubby and I. She seemed kinda sad... but i only want it to be hubby and i for that experience, Also, I dont want to feel I need to fight to hold my baby or feel im not "sharing" to hold him once hes born....

I had five people in the delivery room not including drs and nurses. :rofl: I had dh, mil, sil, my mom, my gram. I would kick everybody out when they checked me but after a while the contractions got to a point with no pain meds that all decency went out the window. :rofl: because I live so far away this time and am unsure of when I will deliver I'm not sure who will be in there with me. If no family has made it it may just be myself because kids under 12 are not allowed until after delivery and I'd have nobody to watch dd. :shrug:

I've tried that but I think it's the milk that turns in my belly cuz I want to drink it just my body rejects it

Milk is hit or miss with me, but one thing I've been doing is making oatmeal with milk instead of water for breakfast. You're getting the benefits of it but it's not "drinking" it. Another thing you could try is making a smoothie with it. :thumbup:

Yes and don't rush that moment of holding your little one for the first time. I was delirious after delivering DD and exhausted to the point I couldn't hardly focus so instead of getting time with our brand new little family, everyone got rushed in after I was back up in the bed. I had maybe delivered 10 minutes before ... they cleaned me up and everyone got ushered in and she got passed around like a football and then the nurses whisked her off for testing and I didn't see her for another 4 hours because they couldn't find a room for us... :growlmad:

This time, people will be lucky I let them in at all. :haha: I may make them wait until after we get in a room (out of delivery room). DH's family was holding up in our delivery room (up until push time) like they were going to miss something if they walked out for a minute. :dohh: I told my mom, don't hang out all day, it is no fun. lol! My brother was about 9 then so yea he would've been bored. We just updated her on the phone throughout the day. This time, she will be with DD and I said don't bring her up here until I call and say baby is in my arms. I don't understand people who make little ones sit at hospitals all day waiting for the delivery. Those poor things get bored so easily. I don't want DD to sit around all day either. Thank goodness at least my mom has sense. I know the minute we call, DH's ENTIRE family along with every child will be there. I'm investing in headphones and I'm going to pretend I'm sleeping the entire time so maybe they will leave. :haha::haha::haha:

You can actual request beforehand no visitors til the next day to allow bonding time. I know at the hospital I delivered dd at and the one I plan to deliver at this time will refuse visitors if you tell them u don't want any (I they don't respect your wishes). :flower:

It was really rough because I delivered at 10:30 at night and after they came in to see her, they went back out into the waiting room and waited until they finally put us in a room .... at 2am :dohh: .... then his family all came back in again!!!!! And I still hadn't gotten a chance to start BF! :dohh: None of the nurses said anything and I was beyond exhausted. I mean I had been there since 7am .... with no food ... well after I delivered they brought me a sandwich and chips from the cafeteria ... and his family just wouldn't leave. I don't remember who ran them off but I was so thankful. The nurses had me finally feed and then they took her to let me rest for a little bit ... I was asleep before they got out of the door.

It was really rough because I delivered at 10:30 at night and after they came in to see her, they went back out into the waiting room and waited until they finally put us in a room .... at 2am :dohh: .... then his family all came back in again!!!!! And I still hadn't gotten a chance to start BF! :dohh: None of the nurses said anything and I was beyond exhausted. I mean I had been there since 7am .... with no food ... well after I delivered they brought me a sandwich and chips from the cafeteria ... and his family just wouldn't leave. I don't remember who ran them off but I was so thankful. The nurses had me finally feed and then they took her to let me rest for a little bit ... I was asleep before they got out of the door.

I delivered at 8:20pm and visiting hours were pretty much over. they put baby on me then did the quick cleanup and then everybody took a turn holding her real quick then I nursed her and by 9 everybody had left. They took dd to clean her up better test sugars etc and I didn't get her back til like 1 in the morning. I was exhausted but was mad they took so long bringing her back to me. I paged the nurses to be sure they were bringing her back. I was totally alone. Now I know that's a good time to rest. :haha: dh had to go home to take care of our dogs who had been by themselves all day. I was basically awake for 3 days straight cause I just wanted to watch her sleep. One of the things u learn not to do real quick. :rofl:

So, I'm thinking of registering now... what y'all think about registering on amazon?
For some reason that option seems more viable to me than others, but... any returns would be a pain, whatcha think?

I delivered at 8:20pm and visiting hours were pretty much over. they put baby on me then did the quick cleanup and then everybody took a turn holding her real quick then I nursed her and by 9 everybody had left. They took dd to clean her up better test sugars etc and I didn't get her back til like 1 in the morning. I was exhausted but was mad they took so long bringing her back to me. I paged the nurses to be sure they were bringing her back. I was totally alone. Now I know that's a good time to rest. :haha: dh had to go home to take care of our dogs who had been by themselves all day. I was basically awake for 3 days straight cause I just wanted to watch her sleep. One of the things u learn not to do real quick. :rofl:

Yea I wish I could have slept for the 4 hours she was gone ... except MIL wouldn't leave me alone! First time my eyes started drooping she reached over and said ARE YOU DEPRESSED??????? I looked at her REAL nasty and said NO I'm EXHAUSTED!!! :haha::haha::haha:

I amn't lactose intolerant, but I really hate milk and have done since I was tiny. Up to about 15 weeks I tried to force a glass down everyday, but it made me feel so sick and I began to dread it. The milk got abandoned, but I do eat low-fat cheese and yoghurt everyday, plus my pre-natal vitamins contain 25% of my recommended daily amount, but I still worry I amn't getting enough. The figures still don't quite add up. :-(

It will def just be me and DH in the delivery room. To me it's so importnant that it's just me and him sharing that special moment. I just realised that the baby is due 4 months today! Eeeek!
I'm also lactose intolerant but they make lactose free milk - used to just be "reduced" now it has NO lactose and that's what I have.... with a little choco syrup :)
I agree, once u can't have milk - it doesn't taste good....

I drink very little milk/ dairy. With ds I was determined to increase it as thought he needed it, so I had a big milkshake every day. When he was born, he was allergic to milk!

I drink tons of milk. Everything would be milky if I could. Haha. My thing now is blending bananas with milk... yum!

Happy Vday to me!!!! I totally forgot! I have been losing track of how far alone I am! OMGGGG ONLY 16 WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband drinks almond milk :sick: :haha: I know some that have said their drs tell them if you're not drinking milk, eat tums. Not so sure I would but. :shrug:

And with all the pinterest talk I set up an account. :thumbup: my username is the same there as it is here. Snowangel187. But I have no idea how to do anything yet. :rofl:

And with all the pinterest talk I set up an account. :thumbup: my username is the same there as it is here. Snowangel187. But I have no idea how to do anything yet. :rofl:

Added you LOL I want a crescent roll with egg now...:cry:

I think I might make hubby eat eggs and beans tonight LOL

Yay for new pinterest friends! I'll post mine when I get home later.

I love milk and live for those little juice box things of horizon organic milk. It comes in vanilla and chocolate and they sell them individually at Starbucks and Wegmans sells big cases :)

Betheney, loub127 is pregnant with a blue jellybean.
Stockers697 is team pink.
confused87com is also team pink.
Hazel28 is team yellow
LittlemissH is team pink
Sharkey is team yellow
Lovemykiddes is having twins!

I LOVE Pinterest! I've been on for a year now! It really is addictive! My username is jescapades, if anyone wants to find me!

Betheney, loub127 is pregnant with a blue jellybean.
Stockers697 is team pink.
confused87com is also team pink.

Aj did they write this on the thread or did you look them up? I take the notes from monday to friday and don't have them on my lists. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->