January Jellybeans 2013!...

I know many people feel really different about who's in the birthing suite.

I think allowing people in there until pushing is a good idea

But I think the birth if the baby should be a moment for the new family, just the mum, dad and baby. It's a really magical moment that I think has nothing to do with the grandparents. You need to look into the eyes of the daddy and smile and talk about the new babies name and kiss and for me there's no room for anyone else.

But like said. Each to their own.

I'm wearing my husbands spear ring. (He didn't like the first one we got, so he bought another one that he uses) It's really heavy, but it's the only one that actually fits. Hahaha. I'm growing use to it already.

I already told everybody that only hubby and I will be in the delivery room at the time of showing my vajayjay in action. Him, and if my mom makes it on time her... but nobody else.

I've had my ring on a chain around my neck for months now. First because of a little swelling and the heat and now just from swelling. The feet are bad too! I had to buy new shoes for work...

So this is really naughty but ... Im thinking of seeing if my doctor will sign me off work next month. Ive got SPD again in this pregnancy which is now causing lots of crunching noises when I turn :( and Im constantly tired. As Im under a physio I know she will probably agree. Realistically I could probably stay at work but we are struggling slightly atm with ds's creche fees as our tax credits have dropped considerably and it would be much less stressful to take him out of creche all together and stay at home but I dont want to officially start my mat leave at 28 weeks either.

So UK ladies has anyone been signed off in the third trimester before? when do your employers force mat leave is it 36 weeks?? I know its naughty so dont shout at me please x

Hey Hun, employers can automatically start maternity leave if you are signed off or off with pregnancy related illness within 4 weeks off due date, so 36 weeks, sorry if you already know this but catching up.

Your health must come first and if you're struggling I say rest up and if that means being off work then so be it x

You should definitely rest if you need it! Don't push yourself to where you would be in tons of pain. That does no good for you or the baby.

I only had DH in there when I delivered our daughter and MIL gave me HELL. She begged ... literally whining begging for weeks. I finally yelled NO at her and she shut up. She loves getting vajayjay pictures and looking all up in there. I don't understand it. Don't get me wrong, I've seen it. I was there when my best friend gave birth .... but I don't have a love of wanting to see an exploded out bloody private part of anyone. :haha: I don't want to see mine. I don't even want DH looking. Not that he wanted to. :haha: I'm sure she won't even bother asking again. She knows I can't stand her anyway. I wouldn't want her there for that special moment.

DH really doesn't want to be in there again because the first time was pretty brutal. I had a really tough delivery and an idiot of a doctor. I think she got her degree from walmart. After doing some more reading and learning about the process of labor and even some into breast feeding, I seriously think the people I was dealing with were absolute morons. DH is almost begging not to go in there again. I just keep telling him that if it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have made it. :nope: I just hope he hangs in there and will tough it out with me again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with this new doctor who I already love so much will help things go much smoother this time.

I already told everyone that has asked to be in the room for the birth that its not happening. Its just going to be me and my husband. My sister really fought it, she keeps saying things like, "If I can't be in there for the birth, why should I be there at all?" So I keep telling her, "You don't have to be there at all if you don't want to be, but I'm not budging on my decision of who gets to be in the room when I give birth just because you're trying to guilt me into it." My mom has mentioned a few times since I told her no that she'd really like to be present for the birth, but its my call. My best friend says its her right to be there since I was there for the birth of her daughter, but she made that personal decision for herself that she wanted me to be there and asked me to be.

I am very decided on it just being an intimate time with my husband when I bring our baby girl into the world.

I just opened my Pinterest. I think I'm following two ladies here already, but if you want to follow or... well, whatever it is you do there LOL I'm still learning:

https://pinterest.com/deedeebeesters/

-I haven't had any heartburn lately. I think I haven't touched my tums for months. Knock on wood!

I just opened my Pinterest. I think I'm following two ladies here already, but if you want to follow or... well, whatever it is you do there LOL I'm still learning:

-I haven't had any heartburn lately. I think I haven't touched my tums for months. Knock on wood!
I added u!
I need to re-vamp mine but I've got lots....
https://pinterest.com/jchrystal/ if anyone else wants to add :)

Since I'll be having a c-section it will be just me and dh

Just got back baby's heartbeat was 155 still haven't taken any weight I hate milk and been told I have to drink more but it just ring on my sickness :( dh is being a big baby today and I need to just concentrate in cleaning

I've got my u/s in Monday can't wait !

I added u!
I need to re-vamp mine but I've got lots....
https://pinterest.com/jchrystal/ if anyone else wants to add :)

Added you too!

Just got back baby's heartbeat was 155 still haven't taken any weight I hate milk and been told I have to drink more but it just ring on my sickness :( dh is being a big baby today and I need to just concentrate in cleaning

Have u tried chocolate milk? I just add a little choco syrup and then I want to drink it...

I've tried that but I think it's the milk that turns in my belly cuz I want to drink it just my body rejects it

Try chocolate soymilk. All dairy makes me sick too. I was lactose intolerant with my other daughter the first time. I'm not a big fan of plain soymilk ... even in cereal but the chocolate Silk soymilk ... OMG YUM!!!! It has lots of calcium in it so that should be able to help you. I have several glasses a day to make sure I'm getting enough calcium .. and because it is super yummy!

For anyone who wants to follow and doesn't already have mine:

https://pinterest.com/sassy_mom25/

Ginger, I checked my contract book, can't start mat leave until 28 weeks, or could be 26 cant remember, but they can enforce me to take it 6 weeks before edd if I'm pg related sick.

I took my wedding ring off last week as my fingers are starting to swell. I didn't last time and ended up having it cut off.

In the delivery room, it will just be me and dh. I'm baffled when I see entire families in there on tv, but each to their own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->