January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hey ladies.

Lilah - I believe it's routine at 28 weeks so she may me ruin it at your 28 week appointment. I've had two already plus one next week as my dad has diabetes and because of my weight but all ok so far, so touch wood next week's will be too! If not maybe mention it to your midwife?

Snow - thinking of your friend x

Nausea wise - BAM out if the blue there is was this morning, from no where!

I've had a really odd pain, like cramping in my left calf all day today. It's not warm or anything and generally goes when I stand and comes when I sit down, doesn't help that I'm so busy at work I hardly get up. I wonder whether it's sciatica developing as my whole leg is aching now and have bad hip bursitis anyhow so wonder if all connected? Someone at work was combined I had DVT earlier or a clot - umm thanks for worrying me. If it doesn't go I'll call GP. Just feels like muscle cramp / ache

I keep with flip flops. No need to bend over for shoes. :haha:

Yeah, all I wore for 5 months were flip flops, but now there has been rainy days and cold days. :wacko:

I lived in Maine for my last pregnancy and wore flip flops through all of fall winter and spring. :rofl: I'm just a flip flop girl. I buy pricier flip flops since I wear them daily. I make sure they have decent support. But I will admit I love buying sneakers. I love collecting them, tho I never wear them. :rofl:

My official flip flops of the season were my roxy ones, but I don't think they will make it to next year, over worn them.

UK ladies, is it standard practice over here to have the glucose drink test? My midwife hasn't mentioned this to me. I thought the GD test was just a blood test I would get at my 27 week appointment.

I don't know. It's not been mentioned to me either

No its not hun, you only usually have it if you have a family history of diabetes or a high bmi. I didnt have it with either of my last two but am this time as my bmi is 35 :-(

I wear slip ons. My pelvic pain is still killing me even though my little guy has moved upwards and kicking a lot higher the last few days.
I bought baby clothes yesterday, some were 50% off, I love sales, I got some cute stuff. Options are limited for clothes shopping in my area, I will make OH take me into the big smoke before this pregnancy is done so I can buy some more cuteness.

My GD test is 28 weeks as well. I usually fail the first one and pass the second.

UK ladies, is it standard practice over here to have the glucose drink test? My midwife hasn't mentioned this to me. I thought the GD test was just a blood test I would get at my 27 week appointment.

No its not hun, you only usually have it if you have a family history of diabetes or a high bmi. I didnt have it with either of my last two but am this time as my bmi is 35 :-(

No it's not routine, as ginger said, you have to be classed as high risk, either family history or a BMI over 30 (mine is 31)

Glad I'm not the only one feeling sick!! Between that, my back and hips, sleeping, and numb hands I'm getting a little cranky!!

I wear slip ons. My pelvic pain is still killing me even though my little guy has moved upwards and kicking a lot higher the last few days.
I bought baby clothes yesterday, some were 50% off, I love sales, I got some cute stuff. Options are limited for clothes shopping in my area, I will make OH take me into the big smoke before this pregnancy is done so I can buy some more cuteness.

I think even if baby isnt low ucan still have hip pain right?! Since everythings loosening preparing for labor?!

No it's not routine, as ginger said, you have to be classed as high risk, either family history or a BMI over 30 (mine is 31)

That's crazy. I have no family history and am 120lbs prepregnancy. And I've had it both times. It's crazy that they don't test at all unless the consider u high risk. It can be quite serious if untreated.

I wonder why it is routine here in the us? I also wondered why I had mine at 24 weeks? Maybe because my grandmother has diabetes?? Who knows. I'm just glad mine came back ok.

I cannot keep my eyes open anymore. I was feeling great and then the tiredness just hit me like a ton of bricks. Anyone know what sort of things are coming up for us ... growth spurts, a desperate need to pig out at a buffet :haha::haha: ... anything fun like that?

I think even if baby isnt low ucan still have hip pain right?! Since everythings loosening preparing for labor?!

Ya there's stretching and moving going on in there. It can definitely be uncomfortable and I'm seeing that the second time around is worse.

I wonder why it is routine here in the us? I also wondered why I had mine at 24 weeks? Maybe because my grandmother has diabetes?? Who knows. I'm just glad mine came back ok.

I cannot keep my eyes open anymore. I was feeling great and then the tiredness just hit me like a ton of bricks. Anyone know what sort of things are coming up for us ... growth spurts, a desperate need to pig out at a buffet :haha::haha: ... anything fun like that?

I think they test earlier if ur considered high risk here. And then normal testing is 28 weeks. My dr said they wait til after 27 weeks for more accurate testing as that's when you have the highest level of hormones that can mess with your system causing the gd.

I did have a friend who passed the gd and then started having swelling and other issues and she had ended up having it and went undiagnosed til the end By that time it was so out of control she had to have several insulin shots a day and her baby ended up in nicu because of underdeveloped lungs. I always recommend to friends who are prego to follow a diabetic friendly diet just in case. :thumbup:

I'm getting hot flashes... I walk around with my tummy uncovered I can't stand it. LOLI think I might run around naked with windows open this cold weekend that's coming ahead haha. Oh, in laws are coming...:dohh:

I'm getting hot flashes... I walk around with my tummy uncovered I can't stand it. LOLI think I might run around naked with windows open this cold weekend that's coming ahead haha. Oh, in laws are coming...:dohh:

I have been exhausted the past 2 days and 3 days ago I could not eat enough food. I was stuffing my face all day. I was thinking perhaps there is a growth spurt going on. The sides of my abdomen are also a little tender - like too many sit-ups discomfort. I also feel generally achy and crampy everywhere but I don't feel sick. Oh the joys of pregnancy.

I've felt very strange for the past 2 days now. I've got a pain lower left hand side of bump, like a stitch pain, and if I bend over, it feels like a heavy sensation pressing down towards my foo, kind of like baby is coming out. Not sure what's going on?

Ok, I have a question for US ladies. I'll be calling my insurance company soon, but I wonder if you know how the insurance covers your newborn? Will it be automatically, or do we need to pay out of pocket for him?

I've felt very strange for the past 2 days now. I've got a pain lower left hand side of bump, like a stitch pain, and if I bend over, it feels like a heavy sensation pressing down towards my foo, kind of like baby is coming out. Not sure what's going on?
Is his head sitting there? When LO was laying transverse I had the same sensations where his head was.... I've moved him since and it's MUCH better.

With my insurance (blue cross blue shield) i have to pay my deductible before the baby is born (because january starts the new year) but they cover the rest automatically. Now if for some reason I end up having the baby in December, my deductible for this year is already reached and I wont owe them anything. It all depends on your insurance company though.

most situations deedee you will not have to pay out of pocket for him lol.. if that was the case there would be many people stuck in a pickle. lol

or wait do u mean when he is already born and when he goes to the doctor the first time or how he is handled in the hospital?
lol whoops shoulda asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->