January Jellybeans 2013!...

I am so tired all the time. You'd think being in bed most all the time I wouldn't be, but I can't sleep at all. I wake up when I need to move and have to basically sit up to move from one side to the other and it happens at least 10 times a night. Then I wake up dying of thirst anybody else have that problem? I actually counted ounces yesterday and I drank over 100oz of water and honestly it was a slow day for me on liquids. I always go to bed with a 24oz cup of water and I run out every night!

Im def not as fond of being pregnant this time. :haha: my belly hurts so bad it's getting so tight it's actually painful and burns at times when she moves. It's like I'm growing on the inside but not the outside. I don't remember this with dd until much closer to my due date. :shrug: oh well as long as baby is doing well I shall survive. :thumbup:

In other news I'm waiting to hear from a friend she was due the day before me and had her baby a few days ago. :cry: I wasn't aware of any complications she was having. He was 2lbs 2oz waiting for her to update on his condition. Definitely thankful for everyday I'm able to stay pregnant tho.

I think the thirst has something to with your GD. I read that you are super thirsty with that. I take water to bed with me too because a lot of times when I wake up to pee, my mouth is really dry.

My belly feels the same way!! I couldn't find a way to describe it but yes ... growing on the inside but not on the out! Don't get me wrong, my bump is way out there but I feel like it isn't enough. My stomach stays tight and sore it seems like. I remember feeling like this at the end with DD too but this one is like hey NO ROOM. hahahaha!

I'm sure your friend's baby will do well. They have such great technology now and it is amazing what they can do for those tiny little ones! I will keep her in my thoughts along with baby!

Sorry to hear snowangel! I'm assuming baby was about 27 weeks... It does help the odds around that time but such a treasure to keep baby as long as possible! Fx'd for ur friend and her new baby!

My friend gave birth at 26+4 so it felt weird being 26+4 the other day. I thought of her lots. her LO is now a year old and doing incredibly well. Your friend has a long journey ahead of her I hope she has lots of support.

<3

I hate politics and find it too hard to choose a side because both are lying through their teeth.

Anyone having a return of nausea? Twice this week I've had to run to the bathroom at work!!

I get it with really bad smells and it's set right off when I have a cold. Do you have a cold?

Nope, a little bit of a headache both days ( Tuesday and today) but no cold. I had some nausea in the first trimester but was pretty lucky and never actually threw up so it's weird to me that I feel this way. I hope I'm not coming down with anything, although I felt great yesterday...

Did u ladies do ur GTT yet?
I am only required to do the 1 hr test unless I fail and obviously don't want to do that!

Any suggestions/ tips on how to pass it the first time?
I've heard not to eat a big meal before-hand or too much sugar...

they tell you that you HAVE to fast for 12hours before hand, or they do here.

if you get a false pass you could go the rest of your pregnancy with undiagnosed GD and that can be really dangerous so I probably wouldn't recommend trying to find ways of passing, even though I'm sure you're just trying to avoid a false fail.

Yea aruppe! Been sick every morning here without fail.... To be honest i think it has something to do with everything being pushed up...bile in my tummy... Bleck...

I had mine at 24 weeks and they just said to not eat breakfast, drink the drink in 5 minutes and they would draw my blood an hour after I finished my drink. Stay away from orange juice or anything sugary. The nurse there said she ate one type of cereal and ended up with a false positive because the sugar in it was too high.

They told me if they didn't call me that was good news ... I go to the doctor next week and still no phone call. :happydance: Thank goodness for that!

Thanks.
I just don't want the false positive and since they have 2 levels of tests, I don't want to take the second one if it's not needed.... Maybe I'll have a resonable lunch and not snack on anything sugary - check labels for it and then go once I'm off work. I just want to get it done and over with.

The directions for this test is not to fast/ no appointment needed since it's the 1 hr test.

The 2 hr test is fasting - only water for 8 hrs/ appointment.

Guess they have different ones in each place....

I'm suddenly addicted to certain smells,for instance I won't smell bleach in a bottle, but I love how it makes a room smell if its cleaned with it. I love the smell of certain soaps and I love brushing my teeth with baking soda (I don't swallow any) but before the baking soda taste would make me gag.

I definitely have baby brain, but what's killing me is the dropping everything! And then, of course, I can't bend down to pick it up. I just have to hope one of the boys or DH is around to help me! :rofl:

So I'm starting my freezer foods today I'm making pumpkin pie from scratch apple pie from scratch and chicken pot pie some bread from bread machine and with the left over pumpkin ill purée it and freeze it for use next time :)

I was told I could eat but to just keep it protein based... Mine is in a week and a half...

I've been dropping everything too. I've always been clumsy, but its like I grease my hands before trying to pick something up now.

Well, ladies. I have reached the last day of my second trimester and the last day of my sixth month of pregnancy. I'm celebrating by laying in bed fighting off a nasty head cold. Lilah hasn't noticed though, she's as active as usual. I guess that's a good thing though, I'm glad my illness isn't affecting her.

Mines on the 15th but said only water allowed and no food for 12 hrs

Mine is the 18th, the orders were pretty simple. I could eat during the day, no sugars that day though. and to just be there 10 minutes earlier to drink the sugary drink and wait 1 hour. If i fail, I need to do the 4 hour one.

Oh yes Ducky that is me too. I drop EVERYTHING! I get so tired of having to bend down and pick everything up because the bending is paired with oh ugh oh uhhhh trying to get down there. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->