January Jellybeans 2013!...

I keep having a little squeeze betheny to see if there is any there yet but still nothing lol.

And having had a premmie Im hoping we all manage to keep out lo's in for as long as possible!! Im sure I was told the sucking reflex doesnt really get there till 34 weeks? I may be wrong though

I get that although the nhs is free in the uk, its technically not as its paid for in national insurance, thats either paid through your wages or social security benefits but the US insurance just seems more comlicated as its unknown I suppose.

What about people that dont work or dont have medical insurance? what happens if they have a baby or break a leg? are there like free hospitals? and how are they paid for?

There is Medicaid, but you can only make so much to use it. If you don't have insurance, and do not apply for Medicaid you have TONS AND TONS of money to pay!

I go for my glucose test tomorrow! Hope I pass!! I also want to talk to the dr abut baby movements, I know I have an anterior placenta so its harder to feel baby move, but I get soooo nervous if I dont feel him alot!

I'm in Canada so our Medicare covers everything I have nothing to pay which is good :)
I was thinking about a pediatrician ill call around tomorrow

I wonder why it is routine here in the us? I also wondered why I had mine at 24 weeks? Maybe because my grandmother has diabetes?? Who knows. I'm just glad mine came back ok.

I cannot keep my eyes open anymore. I was feeling great and then the tiredness just hit me like a ton of bricks. Anyone know what sort of things are coming up for us ... growth spurts, a desperate need to pig out at a buffet :haha::haha: ... anything fun like that?

I'm getting hot flashes... I walk around with my tummy uncovered I can't stand it. LOLI think I might run around naked with windows open this cold weekend that's coming ahead haha. Oh, in laws are coming...:dohh:

I have been so hot lately too!! I start out with pajama pants and a t shirt and I just can't stand it so before I fall asleep I strip down to my panties and tshirt. :haha:

With my insurance (blue cross blue shield) i have to pay my deductible before the baby is born (because january starts the new year) but they cover the rest automatically. Now if for some reason I end up having the baby in December, my deductible for this year is already reached and I wont owe them anything. It all depends on your insurance company though.

See if they'll induce you on December 30th. :haha:

I don't have a pediatrician yet, either, though I have asked around. Are you ACTUALLY going to interview them? Seems like going overboard. If I don't like him/her after the first visit, I will change doctors.

Luckily I have a great pediatrician for dd and have already added the new baby.
I think u can do most research on the dr before hand. There are sites that review and grade them. :thumbup:

I can't put it off any longer. I am heading out to buy some bras. I got changed this afternoon and my breasts are so heavy and full that I had GIANT dents in them from the edge of the top of my bra. Oy. Can't wait to see what size I need.

Ha! Me too! I've been trying to hold off til nursing time, but I'm starting to hangout bad on all sides of my bras. :rofl:

AAANNDD! ANOTHER ONE HITS 3RD TRI!!!!!!

I don't know why but this has been the milestone I've been counting down to the most. 3rd trimester!!!!! the final count down. Our babies will be here soon!!!!!

Oh I hope we don't have many preemies. I'll breath a bit of a sigh of relief when we all hit 3rd Tri. We Had a stillbirth in November sparklers at 23weeks and it was pretty sad, I hope our wonderful group all give birth to happy healthy on time babies. Especially for the sake of breastfeeding it's so difficult if your LO is even only a few weeks early. I'm so terrified of going early and having problems breastfeeding.

This group is so wonderful, I always felt like I never fit into sparklers, maybe because I joined halfway and just couldn't click in with everyone. But I can't wait till we have our parenting thread and we're all throwing advice back and forth.

I love our group too! :hugs: I can't wait til we have healthy full term babies. :)

My biggest fears are an early baby. Then the possibility of csection. Then breastfeeding issues.

I selfishly wouldn't mind having baby in December because of the whole deductible situation! I have also met my out of pocket for the year so I would owe absolutely nothing :) To be fair, I have a great plan and even come January wouldn't owe much. I don't know what you do if you're uninsured. My mom was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer two years ago. She had to have chemo and radiation and even just the co-pays were crazy expensive! She knew women who were not having certain treatments and drugs because of the cost. And when I had my hip replaced I just paid my out of pocket and was done with it, never even had to more for PT co-pays. The surgery itself would have been over $60,000! What do you do?

A few of my friends have posted this online today and wanted to share it with you. It's beautiful and makes me teary. And it's perfect for us with out bodies changing and everything we'll be going through...I hope you love it, too!
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

I keep having a little squeeze betheny to see if there is any there yet but still nothing lol.

And having had a premmie Im hoping we all manage to keep out lo's in for as long as possible!! Im sure I was told the sucking reflex doesnt really get there till 34 weeks? I may be wrong though

I get that although the nhs is free in the uk, its technically not as its paid for in national insurance, thats either paid through your wages or social security benefits but the US insurance just seems more comlicated as its unknown I suppose.

What about people that dont work or dont have medical insurance? what happens if they have a baby or break a leg? are there like free hospitals? and how are they paid for?

Our healthcare is overly aggravating. I know there have been changes recently and I'm not too familiar with what the details are but as it stands, if you don't have medical insurance, you can go to any hospital, they won't reject you but they will send you a bill for every penny! We do have government insurance (medicaid) but you have to qualify to get it. You have to basically not own a car, house, and have 4 or 5 kids, and be unmarried. The only way to get on it automatically is being pregnant and then it will cover you up until 6 weeks post partum and then you are off of it. Since DH got laid off, I was able to get on because I am pregnant but DH lost his health insurance and he has medication that he has to take so we are hoping that his new job will have some decent insurance. It really is very frustrating!

Our healthcare is overly aggravating. I know there have been changes recently and I'm not too familiar with what the details are but as it stands, if you don't have medical insurance, you can go to any hospital, they won't reject you but they will send you a bill for every penny! We do have government insurance (medicaid) but you have to qualify to get it. You have to basically not own a car, house, and have 4 or 5 kids, and be unmarried. The only way to get on it automatically is being pregnant and then it will cover you up until 6 weeks post partum and then you are off of it. Since DH got laid off, I was able to get on because I am pregnant but DH lost his health insurance and he has medication that he has to take so we are hoping that his new job will have some decent insurance. It really is very frustrating!

I signed a 10 year agreement, that I will not get help from the State, this in order to become a resident after I married hubby (I came here with a Fiance Visa), which I completely understand since I need to give them money first lol to use tax benefits. But, if hubby loses his job and insurance I am in one ugly pickle!

Oh wow! That would be a hard situation to be in. Yikes! We had great health insurance with DH's work and I hated to lose it. Thankfully they were able to get me on the medicaid rather quickly and easily .... after I filled out about 5 forms and sent in all the required stuff. Ugh! I hated that part. Thanks to my doctor they made it a little quicker as they just faxed what was needed to the lady.

Has anyone's milk started yet?? Mine started about a week before I had dd so at 25 weeks but I didnt really get any leaking until after the birth with ds.

I haven't yet. I don't remember exactly when it came in, but I know I started leaking before Rayven was born.. and just got worse afterwards :haha:

AAANNDD! ANOTHER ONE HITS 3RD TRI!!!!!!

I don't know why but this has been the milestone I've been counting down to the most. 3rd trimester!!!!! the final count down. Our babies will be here soon!!!!!

Oh I hope we don't have many preemies. I'll breath a bit of a sigh of relief when we all hit 3rd Tri. We Had a stillbirth in November sparklers at 23weeks and it was pretty sad, I hope our wonderful group all give birth to happy healthy on time babies. Especially for the sake of breastfeeding it's so difficult if your LO is even only a few weeks early. I'm so terrified of going early and having problems breastfeeding.

This group is so wonderful, I always felt like I never fit into sparklers, maybe because I joined halfway and just couldn't click in with everyone. But I can't wait till we have our parenting thread and we're all throwing advice back and forth.

Yay! I hope we all have beautiful, healthy little boys and girls. I'm so looking forward to us all hitting 3rd tri! A week tomorrow for me. I love all you girls so much and am so grateful that you have all made me feel like I fit in. (I know exactly how you felt, Betheney.)

I selfishly wouldn't mind having baby in December because of the whole deductible situation! I have also met my out of pocket for the year so I would owe absolutely nothing :) To be fair, I have a great plan and even come January wouldn't owe much. I don't know what you do if you're uninsured. My mom was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer two years ago. She had to have chemo and radiation and even just the co-pays were crazy expensive! She knew women who were not having certain treatments and drugs because of the cost. And when I had my hip replaced I just paid my out of pocket and was done with it, never even had to more for PT co-pays. The surgery itself would have been over $60,000! What do you do?

A few of my friends have posted this online today and wanted to share it with you. It's beautiful and makes me teary. And it's perfect for us with out bodies changing and everything we'll be going through...I hope you love it, too!
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

ARuppe, thank you so much for posting that link! It made me tear up and think of my mom and how I don't have enough pics with her. Also made me think of my dad as I was just showing pictures of him to my daughter since she never got to meet him. :hugs: Again, thank you so much.

Thank you for sharing that!!! It is awesome!!! :hugs: I don't think I have read anything more true than that. We are always there doing something. I'm always up late on Christmas Eve and early on Christmas morning, always making sure DD's blankie and favorite horse are put away in bed waiting for her when night time comes. It is articles like this that I love to read. Never miss a chance to get in that shot with your children. I have a shot like this that we took at a birthday party at chuck e cheese. It is just the two of us at a little photo booth and I love that picture so much!

Glad you ladies enjoyed that! It makes me want to look at old family photos. And it makes me feel less self conscious about my changing body. I want my little boy to look at all our photos together and think about what a wonderful childhood he had with his awesome mommy!!

I have been such a neglectful BnB'er the past week and a half! I need to take a day and catch up! XOXOXOXOX!

hey ladies, i am having troubled nights - i get up at 3am every single night and wont go back to sleep. is this normal? anyone experiencing this?

26 weeks tomorrow! Boy this pregnancy seems to have just flown by! Does it seems.to be flying for anyone else?

I have a feeling for as fast as the last two trimesters went, this last one is going to feel much slower! I can't wait to meet my baby!

I still got 2 weeks in second tri.... Lol..its dragging for me.... Hopefully 3rd will be faster bc ill be induced and the holidays will be here :)

Pinterest makes me extremely hungry and cravy!!!!!!!! I want my mommies lasagna :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->