January Jellybeans 2013!...

With my insurance (blue cross blue shield) i have to pay my deductible before the baby is born (because january starts the new year) but they cover the rest automatically. Now if for some reason I end up having the baby in December, my deductible for this year is already reached and I wont owe them anything. It all depends on your insurance company though.

Yeah. Deductible sucks in January :haha: I just read on my insurance (United Healthcare) : " Newborn Care: 90% of eligible expenses No deductible, including circumcision. " and " We will pay Benefits for an Inpatient Stay of at least:
48 hours for the mother and newborn child following a normal vaginal delivery.
96 hours for the mother and newborn child following a cesarean section delivery."

So it does cover baby, phew! LOL

very nice.. i really should look into mine lol.. I didnt even set up a baby doctor yet.. when it should have been done already.. i dont know what im waiting for :/

Yeah, my question was more towards after he is born, but it's always good to reassure. Thanks! I think we just have to call in, to add him to the family plan after he is born, like a day after or so.

very nice.. i really should look into mine lol.. I didnt even set up a baby doctor yet.. when it should have been done already.. i dont know what im waiting for :/

That's the exact reason of why I am looking into it LOL I am Pre-Registring into the hospital Online, and they ask me for the pediatrician's name... and I was like... EHM... :dohh:

That's the exact reason of why I am looking into it LOL I am Pre-Registring into the hospital Online, and they ask me for the pediatrician's name... and I was like... EHM... :dohh:

Most HMO/PPO insurances cover baby under mother for 30 days but you MUST contact your insurance company as soon as possible to register your baby. If you needed NICU support the company covers baby under mom's policy. Then you have to add the baby to your insurance policy as an individual = increased cost. Depending on your plan (like if you have an 80%/20% HMO), individuals may have to pay up to 20% of the cost of L&D, C-section, etc. So if you're C-section was $12,000 (the avg), you owe $2400!

It's a different ball game with high deductible plans. We used to have one and I looked into coverage for baby before we were trying. There are certain wellness visits covered as well as vaccines, but medical issues would have needed to meet the $5000 annual deductible then the insurance company would have paid 100% of all costs up to $2,000,000 beyond that. It was basically a catastrophic plan.

I don't have a pediatrician yet, either, though I have asked around. Are you ACTUALLY going to interview them? Seems like going overboard. If I don't like him/her after the first visit, I will change doctors.

I can't put it off any longer. I am heading out to buy some bras. I got changed this afternoon and my breasts are so heavy and full that I had GIANT dents in them from the edge of the top of my bra. Oy. Can't wait to see what size I need.

Most HMO/PPO insurances cover baby under mother for 30 days but you MUST contact your insurance company as soon as possible to register your baby. If you needed NICU support the company covers baby under mom's policy. Then you have to add the baby to your insurance policy as an individual = increased cost. Depending on your plan (like if you have an 80%/20% HMO), individuals may have to pay up to 20% of the cost of L&D, C-section, etc. So if you're C-section was $12,000 (the avg), you owe $2400!

It's a different ball game with high deductible plans. We used to have one and I looked into coverage for baby before we were trying. There are certain wellness visits covered as well as vaccines, but medical issues would have needed to meet the $5000 annual deductible then the insurance company would have paid 100% of all costs up to $2,000,000 beyond that. It was basically a catastrophic plan.

Thanks! We have a 90% - 10% with 300 deductible plan. I called and all they said was to call the Baker Hughes Benefits phone when baby is born and he will be automatically added to our family plan, so no problem. We have already payed for drs. delivery costs which were barely $240.00 (10%) for a normal delivery and now just waiting to go to the hospital, insurance has a predetermined price for delivery and c section with them, so we have an idea of how much we will pay there. I will be hunting for pediatrician for Matthew now, to have him ready once he is born.

I've felt very strange for the past 2 days now. I've got a pain lower left hand side of bump, like a stitch pain, and if I bend over, it feels like a heavy sensation pressing down towards my foo, kind of like baby is coming out. Not sure what's going on?
Is his head sitting there? When LO was laying transverse I had the same sensations where his head was.... I've moved him since and it's MUCH better.

I think it spends most of its time in breech, as kicks are really low.

I don't have a pediatrician yet, either, though I have asked around. Are you ACTUALLY going to interview them? Seems like going overboard. If I don't like him/her after the first visit, I will change doctors.

I will just check for reviews, and location... some pictures of office too LOL

Well, I found one. Haha, he is in the same building as my ob gyn, which is perfect. Excellent reviews, in network, same medical group as my ob gyn too (they have the cutest offices) and super convenient location. I called and he is officially Matthews Doctor, it seems surreal.. my unborn baby has a doctor. LOL

With my insurance, I know the baby is covered in full. But I was told to put in writing that we will only accept doctors in our insurance network. If for some reason, a doctor is needed outside of our network, then DH has to sign a paper to give permission. A co-worker should have been fully covered. But they brought in an anesthesiologist that was not in the network. So she got at $7000 bill!

When DD was born, I just took whatever pediatrician was on call and I got really lucky. I LOVE her doctor. I am REALLY hoping I can get her as the doctor for the new baby. I would hate having to have separate doctors.

The whole insurance thing confuses me :dohh: I just go to my local gp, see the local midwife and go to the local hospital/birth centre and have my baby assisted by whatever midwife/doctor/consultant is needed/there lol

It must be scary to have to think of the costs (medically) of having a baby, so if you needed an emergency c-section or had a prem baby that needed neonatal care would you have to pay extra for that or is it encompassed in your insurance payments?

Has anyone's milk started yet?? Mine started about a week before I had dd so at 25 weeks but I didnt really get any leaking until after the birth with ds.

AAANNDD! ANOTHER ONE HITS 3RD TRI!!!!!!

I don't know why but this has been the milestone I've been counting down to the most. 3rd trimester!!!!! the final count down. Our babies will be here soon!!!!!

Oh I hope we don't have many preemies. I'll breath a bit of a sigh of relief when we all hit 3rd Tri. We Had a stillbirth in November sparklers at 23weeks and it was pretty sad, I hope our wonderful group all give birth to happy healthy on time babies. Especially for the sake of breastfeeding it's so difficult if your LO is even only a few weeks early. I'm so terrified of going early and having problems breastfeeding.

This group is so wonderful, I always felt like I never fit into sparklers, maybe because I joined halfway and just couldn't click in with everyone. But I can't wait till we have our parenting thread and we're all throwing advice back and forth.

The whole insurance thing confuses me :dohh: I just go to my local gp, see the local midwife and go to the local hospital/birth centre and have my baby assisted by whatever midwife/doctor/consultant is needed/there lol

It must be scary to have to think of the costs (medically) of having a baby, so if you needed an emergency c-section or had a prem baby that needed neonatal care would you have to pay extra for that or is it encompassed in your insurance payments?

Depends on your insurance ! There is a deductible, there is a percentage of costs and a out of pocket limit you pay.. after that it's free. LOL It all depends on your benefits and what you are paying for monthly.

I have colostrum yes and can squeeze it out.

the whole US health care thing baffles me. I'm the same ginger I tell my GP I'm pregnant go to him for appts then give birth in my hospital then 3 days later I leave. I don't pay a cent anywhere or fill out forms for someone else to pay it. The government pays the lot. I don't pay any per month fees to an insurance company. I don't have to have a job with insurance

I keep having a little squeeze betheny to see if there is any there yet but still nothing lol.

And having had a premmie Im hoping we all manage to keep out lo's in for as long as possible!! Im sure I was told the sucking reflex doesnt really get there till 34 weeks? I may be wrong though

I get that although the nhs is free in the uk, its technically not as its paid for in national insurance, thats either paid through your wages or social security benefits but the US insurance just seems more comlicated as its unknown I suppose.

What about people that dont work or dont have medical insurance? what happens if they have a baby or break a leg? are there like free hospitals? and how are they paid for?

UK ladies, is it standard practice over here to have the glucose drink test? My midwife hasn't mentioned this to me. I thought the GD test was just a blood test I would get at my 27 week appointment.

I don't know. It's not been mentioned to me either

No its not hun, you only usually have it if you have a family history of diabetes or a high bmi. I didnt have it with either of my last two but am this time as my bmi is 35 :-(

No it's not routine, as ginger said, you have to be classed as high risk, either family history or a BMI over 30 (mine is 31)

My parents are both type 2 diabetic, but that doesn't seem to be worrying them, and my bmi was 23 at booking in so I guess they must think I'm low risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->