January Jellybeans 2013!...

Ugh, I have the most annoying cramp below my left ribs, feels like I have stitches and I just can't find a confortable position with it. My tummy has been feeling pretty sore too like I've done a million crunches. Guess it means my little man is on ythe grow tho so I'll bear it altho its super annoying.

I agree with ginger, we are very lucky in the uk to have health care on tap I guess, yes the waits for some ops can be long but emergencies are dealt with quickly and I can't complain when I've been treated. My GP is amazing and will be babies GP too. I also have private medical care via work, if I need to use it I pay the £100 excess and then it's free so lucky there I guess.

Has anyone's milk started yet?? Mine started about a week before I had dd so at 25 weeks but I didnt really get any leaking until after the birth with ds.

Mine have been leaking for weeks. At first it was just on squeezing but the other week I got a wet patch on my nighty after I had sneezed! The stuff was cloudy coloured at first but its now turned white

Mine arent leaky what so ever, i tried squeezing once to see if maybe some would come out.... nothing :haha:

I have an anterior placenta as well, its harder to feel the kicks on the outside but i def. feel them on the inside all the time.
Now that his kicks are harder, you can totally see them on my tummy when he does kick. Its funny how excited hubby gets when he gets to see and feel them :hugs::happydance:

I don't know how I'm gonna react once my boobies start leaking. I think I will freak out a tiny bit since they have never done it before. LOL

Mine have always done it 1 day after baby is born but since I'm not breast feeding I'm not gonna enjoy the leaking that happens

I'm one of the lucky ones, first baby - started leaking at 16 weeks.... Still leaking.... Luckily it's not all that much but I still wear the pads just in case - they also hurt if I don't have something there to absorb it....

Angelinheaven - I have been having sleep issues as well - I wake to pee every night at 11pm and 3am - I get up at 4am so it's brutal! I have to just keep my brain turned off or I'm awake for ages!

La Mere -Yep, feels like it was not long ago that we got BFP & then started 2nd tri.... soon we'll be in 3rd tri! OMG!

hey ladies, i am having troubled nights - i get up at 3am every single night and wont go back to sleep. is this normal? anyone experiencing this?

I was awake from 4am to 6am this past night. Having a really really hard time sleeping the past week or so. I can't get comfortable, I am sweating like crazy, and when I wake up my mind starts to wander.

Madly hubby got back into bed for a cuddle this morning fully dressed and said 'your best not be leaking on my shirt' pmsl I quickly told him I wasnt leaking pmsl and if i was I wouldnt be sleeping topless haha

Got a mega sore throat today so sipping honey and lemon and sucking on strepsils :( see what the doc says on tuesday.

ds also seems to have a bit of a chest infection so he'll be seeing the doctor too, considering he was full term he is always getting coughs and colds whereas dd never gets them?

Slept kinda decent last night, hips r just sore this morning... But on a good note its friday and we have dinner plans and game night with a huge group of our friends so it shuld be nice to get out of the house! :)

25 weeks today! Two more weeks in second tri:) and we get to see ella in 4d oct 29th at 28 weeks.. So exciiiiiited!

Wow, lots to catch up on in just a day!

Love the article Aruppe! I never really thought about it, but I have so few pictures with my own mum. Luckily I have a great memory of early childhood & can recall lots of things from age 2 onward. Still wish I had some photos though.

I'm very excited for those of you hitting 3rd tri! It's V day for me this weekend, though it doesn't seem like that much of a milestone for me as if this baby is like DS it'll still be too small to have any chance for a few more weeks. Can't wait until 3rd tri!

It does seem like such a headache having to think about birth costs, choosing doctors etc. So much simpler here! (though I guess you can get stuck with a crummy dr if you live in their surgery catchment!). We're like you Sonia, we have private health cover, but tend just to use the NHS. I'd only go private if it was really serious & we didn't want the wait time. Plus our cover pays money to us for any hospital treatment we get through the NHS rather than going private which is nice!

Good morning ladies! I have a question for all of you....

My mom and my best friend are throwing my shower together. It is October 20th so not too far away. My best friend had her baby at the end of August and has been having a rough time with him. He was lactose intolerant and they didn't find out until he was a month old so he had a lot of stomach issues (she couldn't breastfeed so they went on formula). He is up frequently at night and she is exhausted. She has a 3 year old son who goes to daycare but he is doing well the new baby. I can rarely get in touch with her and when I do it is just short minutes ... which is fine. I understand how exhausting a new baby is. However my mom has continued to plan the shower and has found decorations, games, and is now planning the food. I don't want my best friend to feel like my mom is leaving her out but we've tried contacting her a bunch and my mom really wants to go all out as she couldn't last time. My best friend did get the invitations and mail them out and after that she just hasn't been able to do anything. I did manage to call once and get a hold of her and ask her about the decorations and she said oh I haven't done it yet. I said that my mom had found some things and was ready to get them and she said oh no problem.

As it stands now, my mom has pretty much planned everything and I was wondering is there a nice way to let my best friend know what all my mom has done? Or should I even bring it up to her? I don't want her to feel left out but at the same time, I don't want her to take on something and then wait until the last minute and her rush and do a half job because she didn't realize how busy she would be. What are your thoughts??

she's obviously too busy to do anything. If she was really interested in helping she would be asking what is there for her to do. I wouldn't give her anymore jobs and just let your mum finish it up, you'll probably find she won't ask for things to do. I really can't imagine someone being offended for not being included in the organising of a baby shower and if they were someone who really did want to be involved and do lots they probably would have actually been in contact more. Her lack of contact to me says she wouldn't mind less responsibility.

I don't see the point in openly telling your friend all the work your mum has done. she's going to see that for herself at the shower.

My mom and my best friend are throwing my shower together. It is October 20th so not too far away. My best friend had her baby at the end of August and has been having a rough time with him. He was lactose intolerant and they didn't find out until he was a month old so he had a lot of stomach issues (she couldn't breastfeed so they went on formula). He is up frequently at night and she is exhausted. She has a 3 year old son who goes to daycare but he is doing well the new baby. I can rarely get in touch with her and when I do it is just short minutes ... which is fine. I understand how exhausting a new baby is. However my mom has continued to plan the shower and has found decorations, games, and is now planning the food. I don't want my best friend to feel like my mom is leaving her out but we've tried contacting her a bunch and my mom really wants to go all out as she couldn't last time. My best friend did get the invitations and mail them out and after that she just hasn't been able to do anything. I did manage to call once and get a hold of her and ask her about the decorations and she said oh I haven't done it yet. I said that my mom had found some things and was ready to get them and she said oh no problem.

As it stands now, my mom has pretty much planned everything and I was wondering is there a nice way to let my best friend know what all my mom has done? Or should I even bring it up to her? I don't want her to feel left out but at the same time, I don't want her to take on something and then wait until the last minute and her rush and do a half job because she didn't realize how busy she would be. What are your thoughts??

I would just allow your mom yto do the planning, and nothing against you, but she would probably be releived if someone took the reigns and got a jump start on things because she has a lot to do... If she gets offended, or says something to you about it, just very nicely explain to her that the day was approaching and your mom wanted to help her out and knew she had a lot on her plate so she took over kind of... I am sure she would understand...

I have a feeling for as fast as the last two trimesters went, this last one is going to feel much slower! I can't wait to meet my baby!

I remember how it was with my DD, the 3rd tri absolutely dragged.

I still got 2 weeks in second tri.... Lol..its dragging for me.... Hopefully 3rd will be faster bc ill be induced and the holidays will be here :)

Oh, I bet that is gonna go by slow, Nikki. It did with my DD. :hugs:

my mum makes the best vegetarian lasagna!!! mmmmmmmm

Mmmm, how does she make it? Would you mind sharing the recipe? I've been craving a good lasagna...

I'm one of the lucky ones, first baby - started leaking at 16 weeks.... Still leaking.... Luckily it's not all that much but I still wear the pads just in case - they also hurt if I don't have something there to absorb it....

Angelinheaven - I have been having sleep issues as well - I wake to pee every night at 11pm and 3am - I get up at 4am so it's brutal! I have to just keep my brain turned off or I'm awake for ages!

La Mere -Yep, feels like it was not long ago that we got BFP & then started 2nd tri.... soon we'll be in 3rd tri! OMG!

I know! OMG! One week exactly till 3rd tri for me!

Sassy, I would just let your mom go on with it. Like the other girls said, if she wanted more responsibility and to be more involved with the planning she would be in contact more. I wouldn't bring up what all your mom has done unless your friend says something.

I definitely agree. Your friend will probably be relieved not to have to deal with it x

I walked past the economy pickles at the store last night and it made me wonder about cravings? Early on, I wanted carbs because they helped my MS. Now I don't really crave anything (though that will likely change in the next 3 months!)

Besides Kaiecee's cravings for pumpkin, what other weird cravings have you had?

In my last pregnancy I totally went off tomatoes & anything with them in. This time around I can't get enough, especially with oil & balsamic! The craving was stronger earlier on though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->