January Jellybeans 2013!...

Wow Ginger, I really hope Charley is ok. Keep us updated.

Sassy I was going to say just let your friend know you really appreciate all she has done so far and you know she must be exhausted so she should focus on taking care of herself and not stress if she can't help you much. I think that might relieve some of the mental pressure she's probably feeling.

Brieri are you keeping your water intake up? I find if I slack off then I get super yellow discharge, no itching or odor, but it gets clearer the more water I drink.

I get leg cramps sometimes, have to be super careful not to point my toes, if I do feel one coming on I flex my foot and it goes away. I read that bananas can help with them but I don't know.

I had spd pretty bad a few weeks ago but I started doing an exercise where dh would put his arm between my knees and I'd squeeze as hard as I can, that seems to have fixed it so far, I haven't had it since.

My mil just called to say our little nephew charley has been rushed into hospital :( he is only 14 months old, bil said he had a fit and they had to give him cpr. He has a rotten cold and is cutting back teeth atm so we're hoping its temperature convulsions and not something more sinister :cry:

Keeping Charley in my thoughts and prayers, ginger!

Oh Ginger I hope he is ok.

And I have never heard of SPD but I did look it up after reading your posting. I was never told of it when I was pregnant with DD ... just oh it is pregnancy related. After DD was born, I don't remember having any more trouble with it, so hopefully after this one it will go away. I already am careful at what I am lifting and have stopped lifting DD to save my back so hopefully I can keep any further pain to a minimum. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm glad to even know that there is a name for it. lol! Other than ouch haha!

That's awful Ginger, keeping your little nephew in my thoughts xx

Here's a sneak peak of my nursery. The paint on the walls and the trim are done. Those are my newly refinished 80 year old hardwood floors. And the cutest little fish valance and bubble shears. Furniture comes Tuesday!

AHHHH!!! There's going to be a baby in there soon!

Attachments

• 2012-10-05_19-18-53_217.jpg
    2012-10-05_19-18-53_217.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 8
Ditty, your nursery looks awesome! Can't wait to see it when it is finished!

2 more days until V day! I'm pretty excited :) I also posted my nursery in my journal for those who want to look :)

I found 2 new movies that I really like. Both with Keira Knightley
The Duchess
Pride and Prejudice

I've never seen either but really like them. I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice now and am already hooked on it. lol! DD watched The Duchess with me ... well the parts that I didn't have to change due to too much romping. :haha: She kept copying the British accents and it was so cute. Sorry I hope that isn't offensive to any of you ladies over seas. I just thought she was so precious doing it.

Does anyone believe breast feeding their kid till they decide to stop? I'm watching a show and they have these toddlers breast feeding the oldest is 4 and the mother says he will stop when he decides what do u girls think about that?

Does anyone believe breast feeding their kid till they decide to stop? I'm watching a show and they have these toddlers breast feeding the oldest is 4 and the mother says he will stop when he decides what do u girls think about that?

Definitely not for me!! But no problems with those that want to! I just couldn't imagine a 4 year old standing at my breast feeding - crazy to me!! But plenty of people do it!

I think we have to respect everyones decisions. mothers who breastfeed their children to a late age are only doing so because experts tell them to, it's when their immune systems are finally fully developed and a bunch of other reasons. I find nothing wrong with breastfeeding a young child and people who throw around statements like "it's abusive" and that the child will be "psychologically damaged" is total bullshit that has never been proven EVER.

I would never breastfeed a small child but for the women that do.... all the more power to them.

it's too hard to fit into the "perfect parent" mold. We need to support all mothers and the decisions that they make even when they differ from our own because every mother has the right to choose how to parent their child and like I said they're usually doing what they believe is in the best interests for that child and can you really ask for much more from a mother.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I have a 15 month old that I still breast feed. It's only once a day at bed (Unless she is have a rough day). I really hope to tandem feed once baby is here. But I look at my now 4 year old son and could never imagine feeding him.

They seem so old to be breast feeding at 2-3 until you remember how little they really are. They grow so fast. So at 15 months my daughter is still so tiny to me. I hope that being able to continue to breast feed her will help with jealousy once baby gets here, because she will still have her alone mama time.

I guess in the long run, to each his own. I'm pretty sure 2 and a half 3 is going to be my limit. They just get past that baby/toddler stage and turn int a little kid to me. Time for a cup and straw not my breast :D

I don't think it's wrong more power to them since I couldn't do it past 4 month but even if I could I don't think I'd do it at 4 yrs old

I personally wouldn't go that long but I would not judge someone who decided that was their choice. I have always believed that breastfeeding is the way things are suppose to happen however, I feel that at, for example, 4 years old, there isn't anything beneficial happening other than the same as a pacifier or favorite toy or blanket. I would only breastfeed while it was actually used for feeding. Once a child could eat regular food, I see no reason to continue it. I also know that there are woman who cannot breastfeed at all and sadly I think the big show of "attachment parenting" that has been out there lately only makes it harder on those who cannot breastfeed. As long as you aren't starving your child, food is food.
I have a friend who has a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old. She is big on posting nursing photos and pushing her attachment parenting lifestyle (there are other things besides the nursing until whenever with attachment parenting) on facebook and I see her as somewhat cocky about her approach instead of just joyful of what she does. The big thing I cannot stand to hear is when parents who bf for a long period of time(like 3+ years) say that it really does wonders for their childrens immune system. I have yet to see that it does when in this day and age there are so many illness and what not due to the way we in society live. The woman I mentioned earlier has children who are sick constantly. Lately they have both been put into the hospital and on several antibiotics and breathing treatments. I bf for 2 weeks and DD has an amazing immune system. While I believe there are benefits, I get more aggravated at those who think that is the only way for children to be truly healthy. I wish that people would just let mothers choose and stop throwing it out there. I think it should be something between a mother and child and not thrown all over tv about what their choices are. No one is wrong for how they choose but I am afraid that all the push for showing what those choices are is making mothers iffy on the "rightness" of their own choice.

I found 2 new movies that I really like. Both with Keira Knightley
The Duchess
Pride and Prejudice

I've never seen either but really like them. I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice now and am already hooked on it. lol! DD watched The Duchess with me ... well the parts that I didn't have to change due to too much romping. :haha: She kept copying the British accents and it was so cute. Sorry I hope that isn't offensive to any of you ladies over seas. I just thought she was so precious doing it.

Pride and Prejudice has been one of my all time favorites ever since I saw it years ago! I can watch it over and over again (I own it now) and not get bored of it. I even know dialogues of it. I wouldn't change the book for it though, but as movie goes, I lo... lo... I love it... (Get it? Darcy? LOL)

Sassy I agree that a big push in certain things makes other mothers feel worse. The thing that upsets me most is the debate with c-sections. So many women wouldn't be devastated over having them if there weren't all those pro-natural people telling them that c-sections are only necessary in rare cases. My friend knows a hypnobirther who refers to them as "the C word". It's so terrible!!! it just makes women who had them feel small and like they've been duped by the big bad medical industry. I do think c-sec rates are higher than they should be but I don't think that means we need to attack the medical industry and make women who got them feel like shit. I had a natural birth BTW but I know more than enough women who had c-secs and were devastated at the loss of a natural birth mostly because of all the crap out there forcing it upon you that if you didn't go natural than you should feel bad.

Also Sassy I beg of you to read P&P it's so wonderful!!! also watch the BBC series of P&P I love it so much, me and my friends are very split down the middle over our BBC VS. MOVIE on which is better. I personally prefer the BBC version but had read the book first and find the Keira Knightly movie very Hollywood. But that's not to say I don't like it, it is a gorgeous movie. OHMYGOD HAVE YOU SEEN JANE EYRE!!!!!! promise me it's what you'll watch next with Michael Passenger SWOOOON!!!!!!! If you like P&P I guarantee you'll like this Jane Eyre

Sassy I agree that a big push in certain things makes other mothers feel worse. The thing that upsets me most is the debate with c-sections. So many women wouldn't be devastated over having them if there weren't all those pro-natural people telling them that c-sections are only necessary in rare cases. My friend knows a hypnobirther who refers to them as "the C word". It's so terrible!!! it just makes women who had them feel small and like they've been duped by the big bad medical industry. I do think c-sec rates are higher than they should be but I don't think that means we need to attack the medical industry and make women who got them feel like shit. I had a natural birth BTW but I know more than enough women who had c-secs and were devastated at the loss of a natural birth mostly because of all the crap out there forcing it upon you that if you didn't go natural than you should feel bad.

Also Sassy I beg of you to read P&P it's so wonderful!!! also watch the BBC series of P&P I love it so much, me and my friends are very split down the middle over our BBC VS. MOVIE on which is better. I personally prefer the BBC version but had read the book first and find the Keira Knightly movie very Hollywood. But that's not to say I don't like it, it is a gorgeous movie. OHMYGOD HAVE YOU SEEN JANE EYRE!!!!!! promise me it's what you'll watch next with Michael Passenger SWOOOON!!!!!!! If you like P&P I guarantee you'll like this Jane Eyre

Sorry to butt in LOL.
This happened to me with the new movie of Jane Eyre! I've read the book several times and just couldn't stand the new movie of it... I just wanted to tell out all the they left out and all the changed LOL I need to give the old ones a try though. P&P didn't have that effect on me though, I guess because of all the scenery and Dario Marianelli's wonderful soundtrack. I think there is a version of it on Netflix, I'll try and see if it's the BBC one, would love to watch it.

:-O deedee I'm devastated!!!!! I read the book to and LOVED IT but still am obsessed with the movie I watch it all the time!!!!! HOWEVER I watched the film BEFORE reading the book so it allowed me to fall in love with the film and see it as it was.

I'm still so thankful they left out the fortune telling scene in the book. I found that scene so weird. It would of been so odd to put it in the movie.

:-O deedee I'm devastated!!!!! I read the book to and LOVED IT but still am obsessed with the movie I watch it all the time!!!!! HOWEVER I watched the film BEFORE reading the book so it allowed me to fall in love with the film and see it as it was.

I'm still so thankful they left out the fortune telling scene in the book. I found that scene so weird. It would of been so odd to put it in the movie.

Yes, beyond bizarre! How wouldn't they know it was him.. I can't imagine the actor dressed up as an old gypsy woman :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->