January Jellybeans 2013!...

Have a nice weekend ladies! Hubby's birthday weekend is here, and I'll be out as In laws will be here. I can finally say hubby is only 3 years younger than me, and not 4 like he nagged me for the past 10 days LOL

Ginger - Sorry to hear what's happened. Update us when you have news. Really hope he's alright x

Kaiecee - On the BF topic, we stopped before DS wanted to & I can't imagine he would have stopped through choice until well into childhood. Personally, I don't have an issue with children being breastfed beyond 'toddler years' but it definitely wasn't for me! We did over a year, but I found it difficult when DS started to demand the boob & run up & tug at me in situations where I either wasn't comfortable feeding him, or it just really wasn't convenient. He'd then get upset if I refused (as he wanted the comfort) & it really wasn't fair on either of us, so we knocked it on the head. It sounds very selfish, but I wanted my body back and it felt like it would be more complicated to deal with once his understanding & language developed further.

Hope that doesn't sound too awful!

.... and he started sleeping through the night as soon as we stopped, which was unexpected (as I wasn't feeding him during the night) but wonderful!

Ginger, any news in your nephew?

There was a bf programme on here a few nights ago and one of them was still bf her 5 year old. When she was giving her reasons for still doing it, not once did she mention anything to do with the child, even dh who doesn't pick up on anything subtle, said omg it's all about her! I can't see any benefits to still be bfing at that age. I liked the presenters comment of if you can eat a ham sandwich by yourself you don't need booby anymore.

Ginger. Any news hun?

On the BF front, I agree with you ladies, it's the women's personal choice and for me I won't be bf'ing till that age! I plan to express as will be going back to work so baby will be used to a bottle for some of the time so hopefully that will help

No nothing yet :-( not sure if they are still at the hospital or back home as bil and sil both have their phones off. Ill let you know when i hear anything, the wait is killing us xx

Hopefully if anything had happened they would have contacted you, so hopefully their phones being off means all is ok and they are catching up on some sleep,fx

Bil just called, charley has stopped fitting but the hospital are keeping him in until they determine the cause :-( x

edit: mil just called to say the doctor has discharged him this morning, his blood tests showed no sign of infection and they think.it was caused by a spike in his temperature. Thanks for your thoughts ladies xx

i've been waiting for an update! thanks Ginger.

Fingers crossed it is from the high temp and that's the true cause. I hope there isn't an underlying issue that's going undetected.

Thanks Betheny, us too needless to say we will be keeping a very close eye on him and hoping it doesnt happen again :)

i wondered if they considered epilepsy, seizures can start at any age but usually during early childhood with epilepsy.

Does anyone believe breast feeding their kid till they decide to stop? I'm watching a show and they have these toddlers breast feeding the oldest is 4 and the mother says he will stop when he decides what do u girls think about that?

I bf dd til 17months and she would have probably continued if I had let her. My goal was to make it to a year and then when I got to a year I realized I couldn't just stop cold turkey. :haha: so I did start weaning her, she refused to eat baby food or table food until after she was one. So she was exclusively nursing and it was very demanding on me and I was so glad when she finally started eating meals and I could cut a nursing session out every now and then. The last nursing sessions to go were the one before nap time and the one before bed. When I cut the nursing before nap, she cut her nap. :wacko: unless we've been on a long car ride she has not napped since 17 months. ](*,)

i wondered if they considered epilepsy, seizures can start at any age but usually during early childhood with epilepsy.

I dont know? Im not sure how they test for it to be honest. I think if it happened again they would do further tests but for now theyre hoping it was a one off x

I'm wish I could bf long but I couldn't do it longer than 3/4 months I really wanted to do it long just couldn't :(

Also with the c-section thing for sure they do it too much ! I went to one doctor and he told me a vback now there saying ill never be able to have a child normally only by c-section but they don't even give us a chance they just don't want to put the effort to try

yeah they test the brain with scans and stuff so of course they wouldn't do it after just one.

Fingers crossed it was a one off :)

I'm wish I could bf long but I couldn't do it longer than 3/4 months I really wanted to do it long just couldn't :(

Also with the c-section thing for sure they do it too much ! I went to one doctor and he told me a vback now there saying ill never be able to have a child normally only by c-section but they don't even give us a chance they just don't want to put the effort to try

Why will they not let you try for vbac? Surely there's a dr who will let u try? :shrug:

Betheney, I love what you posted about c-sections. I have to have one again because I've had two already and no docs around here will let me vbac. If I didnt have a c/s with my first she would not have survived- I had a complete placental abruption at 32 weeks and she was born clinging to life. Then I had breech twins- no way they could've come out without a c/s! I do feel a bit sad bc I'll never get the chance of a natural birth but I'm thankful that the medical technology is out there to save babies that wouldn't have made it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->