January Jellybeans 2013!...

i wondered if they considered epilepsy, seizures can start at any age but usually during early childhood with epilepsy.

I dont know? Im not sure how they test for it to be honest. I think if it happened again they would do further tests but for now theyre hoping it was a one off x

They test for epilepsy with an EEG. I'm epileptic and that's what they did for me. They have you get only four hours of sleep, then they try different things that trigger seizures like flashing lights and hyperventilating, not to necessarily make you have a seizure, but to see if your brain responds with seizure activity.

Ginger - Glad he seems to be ok. Fingers crossed it was just a one off due to his temp. What a scare though! x

my 25 week bump ^_^

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/jellybeans2013/53666_510247082338537_563670843_o_zpsf861872b.jpg

I am heading to a wedding today for my cousin. I am seeing all sorts of extended family I haven't seen since announcing the BFP! I am prepared for the onslaught of opinions, attempted belly rubs, and horror stories. :dohh:

Will post a pic of my maternity dress later!

I am heading to a wedding today for my cousin. I am seeing all sorts of extended family I haven't seen since announcing the BFP! I am prepared for the onslaught of opinions, attempted belly rubs, and horror stories. :dohh:

Will post a pic of my maternity dress later!

Good luck and have fun :)

Ginger - glad to hear that everything appears to be okay and hopefully it was a one of. Must have been scary for everyone involved!

Thanks everyone for your comments re. leg cramps. I have been doing stretches and have been doing pre-natal yoga which involves a lots of calf stretching. There seems to be differing theories on why pregnant women get them. My midwife suggested lack of potassium, but I eat a banana every day anyway, my yoga instructor suggested lack of magnesium and I believe Calcium and salt are the other culprits. Or it may just be one of those pregnancy things. Who knows. Will bring it up with my midwife again when I see her on Thursday and will tell her about last nights episode which was awful.

Sorry to hear alot of your guys are beginning to get aches and pains. Me too. My right hip aches all the time and I have a weird pain where my top left rib is, just under my breast. Oh the joys of pregancy! :)

I've been reorganizing all the baby clothes again. I had them organized by size with what I had from dd and then I had about ten bags of new clothes I've bought or others have bought me so trying to determine what I need for each size. I've actually accumulated a lot especially with the lady who gave me newborn clothing the other day. I probably only need to buy socks and pants and maybe a few sleepers for newborn size and a few odds and ends for 0-3 months. So I'm feeling a lot better about what's left to get but still feel overwhelmed with having to wash it all. But I'm slowly making progress. I figure a little at a time so I don't over do it. And I think my mil will be here next month so she will be able to keep dd occupied so she doesn't undo what I've already done. :haha:

Anyways I'm off to make peanut butter fudge. I can't stand paying $20 a pound for it when mine tastes better anyways!

I was talking to my next door neighbour earlier and ds came out. The old man asked him if he knew what Santa was bringing him this year? He just smiled and said yes, a baby!

Finally an eggplant no more papaya!!!!!!

I'm hoping I get to lose my eggplant this week. :haha: what's next anyways?

Cuz there being assholes

I think this is the reply to the vbac question? :haha:
Have u only had one csection? Surely there's a midwife or a dr who wi let u try. U should call around if you really want one! :thumbup:

Where I live there is limited gynos so I have no choice when I was at a clinic in Ontario they wanted to do a vbac they looked at my previous medical re rods and c sections and said I had 80% sucess rate where I am now they just refuse the idea right away with no discussion

I would try speaking to them again, explain why you want a vbac and ask them for the reasons they feel it's unsuitable.

How many c sections have you had? And what are the rods?

2 one was emergency in 2001 then a Planned one in 2007 only cuz the doc I was seeing got sick and she was gonna do a vbac but when I was switched to an old doc he refused

Cuz there being assholes

Have u only had one csection? Surely there's a midwife or a dr who wi let u try. U should call around if you really want one! :thumbup:

Where I live there is limited gynos so I have no choice when I was at a clinic in Ontario they wanted to do a vbac they looked at my previous medical re rods and c sections and said I had 80% sucess rate where I am now they just refuse the idea right away with no discussion

That's ignorant. Can u go in through the emergency room and refuse a csection? Or would u consider a home birth?

Oh melly what your son said when asked what he's getting for Christmas is so beautiful makes my heart melt!!

A day early, but I was dolled up for going out and about. SO I took it today :) :blush:

Attachments

• Week 24 squishy 4.jpg
    Week 24 squishy 4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 7

Cuz there being assholes

That's ignorant. Can u go in through the emergency room and refuse a csection? Or would u consider a home birth?

Well ill deal with it now but it's unfair what doctors do

Got my fridge fixed the other day cuz it wasn't staying cold now it's froze everything and the guy who repaired it says he won't come back for a week wtf???

Melly your son sounds so sweet! Bless him :)

Well I've been for my flu jab today, so I'm hoping I'll feel ok tomorrow, but at least DH is around to deal with DS if I do react.

DS is having his first night in his 'big boy bed' tonight. We wanted him to get used to it well before the baby arrived in case there were any issues with him adjusting to not being in the cot. I'm pleased to report he didn't seem at all confused & he's been silent since we put him to bed, but I won't count my chickens yet!

:cry:
Oh melly what your son said when asked what he's getting for Christmas is so beautiful makes my heart melt!!

Thanks he's such a sweetheart, well sometimes :happydance: I think he thinks he is responsible for us having the baby. When we walk the dog at the woods, he always grabs one of the dandelion thingies that you blow and make a wish. After a year of wishing for a brother or sister, he thinks he finally wished enough to make it come true!:hugs: he's now wishing it comes early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->