January Jellybeans 2013!...

Melly your son sounds so sweet! Bless him :)

Well I've been for my flu jab today, so I'm hoping I'll feel ok tomorrow, but at least DH is around to deal with DS if I do react.

DS is having his first night in his 'big boy bed' tonight. We wanted him to get used to it well before the baby arrived in case there were any issues with him adjusting to not being in the cot. I'm pleased to report he didn't seem at all confused & he's been silent since we put him to bed, but I won't count my chickens yet!

Thanks blossom. Hope he has a good night!

I have a question for all you that have bf before. Did you drink when bfing? I'm not talking about going on a night out/ lots of booze, I'm more thinking of a small glass of wine on a weekend.

Melly - I really didn't feel like it for a while, just due to lack of sleep etc. but when I was in the swing of things I'd often have a glass in the evening immediately after feeding. The alcohol is only in your milk as long as it's in your blood, so as long as you time it right there shouldn't be an issue. If your baby gets into a good night time sleep routine, then you really won't need to worry :)

.... Having said that I could never have more than one small glass as DS was a bad sleeper & wouldn't really drink expressed milk from a bottle. You'll figure out how frequently the baby is wanting to feed & work out if it's feasible.

I found 2 new movies that I really like. Both with Keira Knightley
The Duchess
Pride and Prejudice

I've never seen either but really like them. I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice now and am already hooked on it. lol! DD watched The Duchess with me ... well the parts that I didn't have to change due to too much romping. :haha: She kept copying the British accents and it was so cute. Sorry I hope that isn't offensive to any of you ladies over seas. I just thought she was so precious doing it.

Aw, that's so cute! As for P&P, I have to recommend the only version, I am willing to watch :haha: I read the book tons of times before I saw any movies and my DH (back before we started dating) recommended this version because it was so true to the book and I very much agree. It's the A&E ( I also believe it might be the same as the BBC presentation) presentation starring Colin Firth as Darcy and Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth. I also must recommend Sense and Sensibility, and Emma. (What can I say, I adore Jane Austen!!)

Does anyone believe breast feeding their kid till they decide to stop? I'm watching a show and they have these toddlers breast feeding the oldest is 4 and the mother says he will stop when he decides what do u girls think about that?

I still nurse my daughter and she will 20 months on the 19th. We don't nearly as often since I fell pregnant, and there are times I wish she would not want it (mostly for comfort)... But I had planned on nursing her until she was two anyway and I plan to nurse the new baby until two years as well.

Bil just called, charley has stopped fitting but the hospital are keeping him in until they determine the cause :-( x

edit: mil just called to say the doctor has discharged him this morning, his blood tests showed no sign of infection and they think.it was caused by a spike in his temperature. Thanks for your thoughts ladies xx
:

So glad to hear her was discharged and everything seems to be back to normal. I hope this was just a one time scare. :hugs:

I am heading to a wedding today for my cousin. I am seeing all sorts of extended family I haven't seen since announcing the BFP! I am prepared for the onslaught of opinions, attempted belly rubs, and horror stories. :dohh:

Will post a pic of my maternity dress later!

Have fun, Ditty! Can't wait to see your pics!

I have a question for all you that have bf before. Did you drink when bfing? I'm not talking about going on a night out/ lots of booze, I'm more thinking of a small glass of wine on a weekend.

I'm not much of a drinker to begin with, but as long as you learn the timing of your baby's feeds and allow time for the alcohol to burn out of your system... It should be fine to have an occasional glass of wine while breastfeeding.

La mere
I dont think anything is wrong with bfing but I think 4/5 years old would make me uncomfortable I think just cuz there so big at that age not cuz of anything else

La mere
I dont think anything is wrong with bfing but I think 4/5 years old would make me uncomfortable I think just cuz there so big at that age not cuz of anything else

I never thought you had a problem with breastfeeding,hun. Was just saying that I do still nurse my DD. I would probably be a bit uncomfortable with a 4-5 year old nursing, but I don't see any problem with it.

La Mere - Sense & Sensibility makes me cry soooo much! I love it though:)

I don't drink often. And when I do it's usually a fruity drink when we've gone to a restaurant. But like said before the alcohol is only in your milk as long as its in your bloodstream. They say about 2&1/2 hours. So when I planned to have a drink I would nurse first and have milk pumped and ready ahead of time incase she needed to nurse before I felt like it was out of my system. But I think she was several months when I first had a drink and was after I had put her to bed for the night so she always slept a good chunk and I was always set to nurse by the time she needed it. :thumbup:

La mere

I never thought you had a problem with breastfeeding,hun. Was just saying that I do still nurse my DD. I would probably be a bit uncomfortable with a 4-5 year old nursing, but I don't see any problem with it.

Ya exactly what I think too I wish I could breast feed like some if u girls it's just I have so much problems with it :)

La Mere - Sense & Sensibility makes me cry soooo much! I love it though:)

Oh my gosh, me too, Blossom! I had hubby going throught boxes that we still have in the shed since we aren't able to move into the house yet.. Looking for the complete works of Jane Austen that I have just so I could read them! :haha: unfortunately didn't find it but I know I have it somewhere! But we did find my Wuthering Heights and Doctor Zhivago! I am such a nerd... I love Classic literature!

Hmmm, this discussion reminds me that I need to put some movies and music together to help get me thru early labor.

La mere

Ya exactly what I think too I wish I could breast feed like some if u girls it's just I have so much problems with it :)

Positive attitude. This baby will be different and breastfeeding will be easy. ;) :thumbup:

I think I'm just gonna formula feed with my first I didn't produce enough with my second I did for 3/4 month but was always in pain

This might be a weird topic to bring up but does anyone else notice that since becoming pregnant you smell different? I first noticed early on that if I got hot and sweaty (and not that it smells good anyway) I would smell awful. Now if I have any discharge, I can smell it. It doesn't have a necessarily bad or wrong odor but I can smell it. It is normal discharge and there are no problems but this kid seems to make me smell all kinds of weird. hahaha! I notice that if I don't put deodorant under my boobs, EW ... again not that it ever smelled pleasant if I got hot but now I notice it even before I get sweaty. It is just UGH!

I know hormones are throwing things out of whack but just yuck. hahahaha! I am so afraid DH is going to smell what I do ... except this morning on the road to DTD :haha: he told me I smelled like candy. He was just laying up next to my neck. I had no perfume on so perhaps he is just attracted to the smell of pregnancy. :haha: He told me I was sexy this morning while I was washing dishes. I just had a t-shirt and my underwear on because my pants were drying. :haha: Hey I'll take it.

And on a non weird pregnancy symptom note .... I'm watching my stomach move around like an alien is swimming in there. :haha::cloud9:

This might be a weird topic to bring up but does anyone else notice that since becoming pregnant you smell different? I first noticed early on that if I got hot and sweaty (and not that it smells good anyway) I would smell awful. Now if I have any discharge, I can smell it. It doesn't have a necessarily bad or wrong odor but I can smell it. It is normal discharge and there are no problems but this kid seems to make me smell all kinds of weird. hahaha! I notice that if I don't put deodorant under my boobs, EW ... again not that it ever smelled pleasant if I got hot but now I notice it even before I get sweaty. It is just UGH!

I know hormones are throwing things out of whack but just yuck. hahahaha! I am so afraid DH is going to smell what I do ... except this morning on the road to DTD :haha: he told me I smelled like candy. He was just laying up next to my neck. I had no perfume on so perhaps he is just attracted to the smell of pregnancy. :haha: He told me I was sexy this morning while I was washing dishes. I just had a t-shirt and my underwear on because my pants were drying. :haha: Hey I'll take it.

I smell weird too. :haha: Sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way. But my DH also seems to think I smell great! He's always cuddling up to me in bed and telling me how good I smell. :wacko:

And on a non weird pregnancy symptom note .... I'm watching my stomach move around like an alien is swimming in there!

OMG! I love that! It's so cool. Baby was moving around alot the other night and my stomach was jumping!

Weight update: This weeks weight: 128 lbs!~

I smell sodifferently ever sincemy bfp!! I feel like i need to shower2xs a day! Ifeel like i smell like sex lol..hubby said he doesnt smell it lol

Yea I asked DH and he said no I don't smell anything. Whew .. but I can smell it and ugh!! I'm glad I'm not alone. Not that I'm thankful anyone else has to deal with it but at least I know I'm not some weirdo stinky pregnant woman. :haha:

I especially agree with needing deodorant under my boobs or I notice I smell differently/stronger now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->