January Jellybeans 2013!...

I just checked both of my registries and nothing has been bought of either one ... and my shower is on the 20th. lol!! I wasn't stressed about getting stuff but now I'm starting to think we will end up having to get so much stuff!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I just checked both of my registries and nothing has been bought of either one ... and my shower is on the 20th. lol!! I wasn't stressed about getting stuff but now I'm starting to think we will end up having to get so much stuff!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Aww, well... sometimes people just take ideas out of the registry and buy them somewhere else. :shrug:

Are you registered at target? I'm starting to not like it... it says 2 purchases were made, but it shows up with nothing. I think I'm going to not believe it. :cry:

Aww, well... sometimes people just take ideas out of the registry and buy them somewhere else. :shrug:

Are you registered at target? I'm starting to not like it... it says 2 purchases were made, but it shows up with nothing. I think I'm going to not believe it. :cry:

Yea it was just looking at it and going ahhhhh at all I still need. Mostly just the little stuff.

I am too but mine says how many I want and how many I still need instead of purchased like the other registries do. :shrug:

My mom texted me yesterday and asked me to take my stroller off of the registry because someone bought it at another store. LOL. At least I know I got it but I sure hope they got the right one! :) That and the Phil and Ted's lobster claw high chair are the only things off of my list so far. I am trying not to snoop but it's impossible.

On the subject of itchiness: I thought my boobs were itchy because of the new bras I got the other day. Guess not! The bottoms of my feet itch while I shower.

I bought a pack of overnight extra heavy flow pads today for after baby is born. Not sure how long I'll bleed so I am starting with one pack and will more than likely wait to see how much bleeding I have before getting more.

Can anyone think of any other postpartum needs us moms are going to have?
  • Pads
  • Ice pack
  • Breast pads - I registered for both silicone reusable pads (LilyPads) and disposables.
  • Warm/Cool breast compresses (I registered for these and think they sound blissful. You can heat or freeze them and they are reusable.)
  • Nursing bras - When do we buy these? I don't want to get them now and then outgrow them before baby comes AND the milk comes in.

I didn't bleed for very long at all. Maybe a week. I would recommend getting some loose (not too loose) breathable panties to wear for a while after baby comes.
I never really needed an ice pack, but have one on hand.
I only used cotton nursing pads, have a whole box of unused disposables.
I just used wash clothes for my compresses, lol.
I bought my nursing bras just before DD was born and I also got a few nursing tank tops. I absolutely adore nursing tank tops. But I think if you get them a week or two before baby comes it should be fine.
I would get some chux pads to lay on in case of leaks (milk or blood). I didn't have 'em and had to change my sheets alot. Also good if you co-sleep and have to change baby in bed during the night.
A peri bottle for cleansing (example: just after using the toilet), there are a lot of herbal and other cleansing solutions available. Just have to look and see which you prefer.
My midwife gave me an herbal bath mixture that you put in the bath and soak in for a little while. (its got things like lavender to help you relax and other herbs I can't remember off the top of my head that help to speed up the healing process).

This is all I can think of right now. :wacko: Sorry for such a rambly post.

maybe people are waiting til last minute. dont worry! I bet the weekend before your shower the registry will start lookin good

I am feeling so tired and unmotivated today. I've got a ton to do to keep me busy besides Rayven while hubby is at work, but can't seem to get going. Is there anything you ladies do to help get yourselves motivated to get up and at 'em?

On the subject of itchiness: I thought my boobs were itchy because of the new bras I got the other day. Guess not! The bottoms of my feet itch while I shower.

I bought a pack of overnight extra heavy flow pads today for after baby is born. Not sure how long I'll bleed so I am starting with one pack and will more than likely wait to see how much bleeding I have before getting more.

• Pads
  • Ice pack
  • Breast pads - I registered for both silicone reusable pads (LilyPads) and disposables.
  • Warm/Cool breast compresses (I registered for these and think they sound blissful. You can heat or freeze them and they are reusable.)
  • Nursing bras - When do we buy these? I don't want to get them now and then outgrow them before baby comes AND the milk comes in.

I didn't bleed for very long at all. Maybe a week. I would recommend getting some loose (not too loose) breathable panties to wear for a while after baby comes.
I never really needed an ice pack, but have one on hand.
I only used cotton nursing pads, have a whole box of unused disposables.
I just used wash clothes for my compresses, lol.
I bought my nursing bras just before DD was born and I also got a few nursing tank tops. I absolutely adore nursing tank tops. But I think if you get them a week or two before baby comes it should be fine.
I would get some chux pads to lay on in case of leaks (milk or blood). I didn't have 'em and had to change my sheets alot. Also good if you co-sleep and have to change baby in bed during the night.
A peri bottle for cleansing (example: just after using the toilet), there are a lot of herbal and other cleansing solutions available. Just have to look and see which you prefer.
My midwife gave me an herbal bath mixture that you put in the bath and soak in for a little while. (its got things like lavender to help you relax and other herbs I can't remember off the top of my head that help to speed up the healing process).

This is all I can think of right now. :wacko: Sorry for such a rambly post.

My hospital gave me a peri bottle to take home and I just used warm water but would love to hunt down some things I can add to help healing. Also I wanted to throw out there and this sounded so crazy to me when I first read it but I may try it ... Using depends after the baby is born. I can't remember what site I was on but a lot of women swore it was the best ever. Instead of buying underwear and giant pads, just buy depends. They said they were really comfortable and kept everything clean. :shrug::haha:

I am feeling so tired and unmotivated today. I've got a ton to do to keep me busy besides Rayven while hubby is at work, but can't seem to get going. Is there anything you ladies do to help get yourselves motivated to get up and at 'em?

I use music to get me up and going. But there are some days that me and the couch just make really good friends. DH told me to take it easy today ... and I'm listening. I've been helping my mom sort plans for the baby shower out. I did run from DD chasing me earlier and that caused my nether region bones to become on fire so l decided the couch was the best option. lol!

• Pads
  • Ice pack

With both of mine I bled for around 6 weeks after, not full on but enough to need to wear towels for at least 3 weeks then liners. I tried disposable pants but they were horrible so this time Ill be buying lots of big black pants (knickers) in a size too big lol.
Ive bought two nursing bras already in the size I am now but Ill buy some more once baby arrives and my milk comes in.
I also buy distilled witch hazel, its very soothing on your lady bits after and is supposed to aid healing :)

I have a strange method. I have a song that isn't precisely up beat but makes me think of a precious Paris apartment or house, that's all clean and tidy, with sun shinning in the windows, and recently picked wild flowers in the vases WUAHAHA. And that makes me want to get up and have something like that LOL April in Paris with Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong is the song. :haha: I don't think my logic is very sane with this, but it gets me up and going... hahaha.

Nipple cream was a life saver for me last time around Ditty. Lansinoh is great, but don't know if it's just a UK thing.

The nursing bras thing is a difficult one! I've got a couple already as I'm assuming I'll be a similar size to last time, but I know I won't be my final size until a week or so before the birth. I totally think it depends on the person though... Sorry, I know that's no help!

Oh, yeah! Nipple cream was a life saver for me too! Blossom, I love Lansinoh.. but am looking for one that is vegan.

I have been wearing my nursing boobs for months, I outgrew my regular ones in first trimester.

I have three packs of pads and I sewed some breast pads when I made bibs, I found disposable ones useless because I leaked so much with my other babies. I slept on a towel at night.
Witch hazel is good for haemmeroid relief as well as stitches. I think i might freeze some pads with it sprayed on there.
I set up our pack and play in our living room last night. It has a basinett and change table so we dont have to go back and forth to the other end of the house.

I got some tena disposable pants as I heard normal disposable pants are horrible. The tana ones are proper pant shaped ones not the nappy looking pants, I've heard they work really well as they catch any leaks. I bled for 11 weeks after ds but I don't think thats normal?

You itchy ladies, my midwife said itchy hands and feet can be s sign of pre-eclampsia, so keep an eye on it.

I keep seeing some of you ladies mention witch hazel. I've seen in at the store but how would I go about making something so that I could use it afterwards for healing? It was rough when I had DD and I felt like I struggled to heal. I ripped pretty bad with DD and I'm not expecting to rip that bad again but just in case I have any kind of soreness or pain, I would like to have some options.

I've just got back from the gp as 7 weeks after it started my chest is still wheezy. He now thinks it's asthma. I think the inhalers can delay labour starting though.

I keep seeing some of you ladies mention witch hazel. I've seen in at the store but how would I go about making something so that I could use it afterwards for healing? It was rough when I had DD and I felt like I struggled to heal. I ripped pretty bad with DD and I'm not expecting to rip that bad again but just in case I have any kind of soreness or pain, I would like to have some options.

I tore quite bad too and my grandma told me to use witch hazel. If you get it in the distilled liquid form and you can add it to your bath, put in a spray bottle with water and keep in the fridge (heaven!!), put it on cloth or nipple pads to sooth. I put it on pads at first then hold them on the stitiches while I go to the loo and I use it as a spray to clean that area with and I healed pretty quick tbh x

I thank God for you second time mommies! Don't know how I'd get to know all those little secrets if it wasn't because of you! Thank you soooo very much!

i drink tons of milk and water, and still get leg cramps now and again :shrug:

my belly gets itchy and my chest a little. A week ago the side of my foot itched alot, but now that has gone away.
Melly- i didnt know itchy feet and hands can be a sign of PE? Ill keep that in mind if mine pop up itching on a regular basis.

Wed. is my 24 week Dr. Apt! (it was suppost to be tomorrow but they had to move it) My MIL is coming with me, im curious to see how taht goes haha and how much weight ive gained! I really feel like i packed on quite a bit this time around.... more than the 1 pound i have only put on my whole pregnancy thus far!

this week needs to go by FAST! I want my time off from work so I can be with hubby! We are going to our cabin which is 2 hours away kinda by the mississippi river this weekend and coming back monday i think and then we are putting in cermaic tile in our kitchen, dinning and bathroom! FIL is going to help, im super excited about it bc its going to make our house look so nice. Plus i wanted it done before Braxton gets here so the mess will be all done and we wont have to worry about renovating while hes a baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->