January Jellybeans 2013!...

ladies im freaking out...I have been drinking decaf crystal light throughtout this whole pregnancy not thinking anything of it...then today someone informed me I shouldnt because of the sweeteners and now Im scared!

People need to shut up. So tired of the pregnancy police jumping in to tell you what you're doing wrong.

The sweeteners are no worse for the baby than they would be for you. They aren't ideal because they can cause sugar cravings and subsequent weight gain when you binge. There is minimal evidence that long term use is linked to Alzheimer's. There is no correlation with use and any problems with babies.

I do tons of research on these topics, BTW, I am not just spouting off. I have a membership to a doctor website (to help keep up with trends in zoonotic disease that could affect the veterinary field and vice versa).

Crystal light isn't the only thing with artificial sweeteners. While no, those are the best for you, no one tells you to stop anything else that has artificial ingredients in it. Don't stress. If it makes you feel better, you can take a gallon jug and add slices of lemon and cucumber to just plain water. It will give your water some flavor with nothing artificial.

I agree about the pregnancy police! Ridiculous! I hate that at such a special time in your life, some people make it so dreadful because they all have these opinions. Take the advice you get and pick what you know to be sane and the rest throw out the window.

I think we all have our vices and no one has done everything absolutely perfect! I definitely had my one cup of coffee a day for about the first 22 weeks! Preggo police may look down on me but it was choice I made and in the long run i don't think it will make or break my baby's chance at being president!! There are women who smoke and drink through the whole thing and have healthy babies and women who eat all organic, do daily yoga, and live "by the book" who have high risk pregnancies. Don't beat yourself up over this! There are way worse things out there to worry about!

Definitely! Well said Aruppe! Sadly I have seen a picture of MIL in the hospital bed, in early labor, SMOKING. :dohh::dohh: It so happens that baby in her stomach ready to make its entrance was my husband. :haha: He doesn't smoke, and is and has always been very healthy. He's 6'3 and about 185lbs.

Don't stress!! Just tell them well it could be worse ... I could be downing vodka.

I had a day where I drank 3 cokes. Normally I'm not a soda drinker but I had a craving and thus kept drinking. Don't let people worry you.

Hey ladies!

Today I've been watching More Business of Being Born. Have any of you watched that or the first one, Business of Being Born? Interesting stuff. I didn't know Brazil has a 93% C-section rate.

Hey ladies!

Today I've been watching More Business of Being Born. Have any of you watched that or the first one, Business of Being Born? Interesting stuff. I didn't know Brazil has a 93% C-section rate.

I watched the first one, they have very good pointers, but found it tremendously biased.

Grrrrrr dh is on my nerves tonight! I wat toslap him in the face!

I'm sorry. I wish my husband was home. He's on duty so he's been gone since 8 this morning and won't be home until tomorrow morning around 9. I don't know how I'm going to sleep without him.

Grrrrrr dh is on my nerves tonight! I wat toslap him in the face!

Aww, so sorry! Hope you guys get to talk it over! :hugs: We all have moments like those, we just need to hear that voice that reminds us that we love them even though they can be @sses! :haha:

hospital bag - I took way too much stuff first time with Eva and only used a FRACTION of it. But i think my most valuable possession was ear plugs!!!! i bought them on a whim when ONE mother on BnB recommended i buy them, they are no where near enough to drown out your own baby crying you'll hear them EASILY as they are right next to you but it really helps drown out the hustle bustle and noisiness of the ward, when you're trying to sleep and finding it difficult putting them in your eyes and hearing the noise halve really is a god send. Also FOOD! i took some muesli bars with me that were meal replacement bars and i ate all the hospital food and all my bars, the hospital food no where near was enough for me. lol. instead of buying disposable underwear which were super expensive i just bought a 10 pack of incredibly cheap underwear (10 pairs for $10) and if any got soaked in blood i threw them out because they were cheaper than disposables anyway. But in the end they were actually reasonably comfortable and a good addition to my underwear draw, lol. I also never needed to throw any out.

Who was asking about the baby name Riley being more girl or more boy??? i have taken to searching uni-sex names on the top 1000 names for girls and top 1000 names for boys to see if they're more boy or more girl. Riley came in at no.39 for girls and no.106 for boys. We've pretty much settled on Remy for a boy, which alot of people are saying is a girls name but it is definitly more boy than girl.

Ginger i have two friends with boys named Jackson, one spelt Jackson the other spelt Jaxon, i always preferred the Jackson spelling but i've discovered Jackson get's Jack for short and Jaxon get's Jax for short! which i think is super super cute, She refers to him as Jax and i just think it's adorable.

La mere paw paw ointment is said to be vegan on most vegan websites, but some say the companies are vague on how they test the product, but then again there are alot of different paw paw brands, but it really shouldn't CONTAIN any animal or animal by product.

breast pads i HATED the disposable ones, because they've got plastic backing they don't breath and are quite sweaty and they don't really soak up the milk you kind of stay damp until you change them, the washable ones were so much nicer, more comfortable, less sweaty, the only thing is in the EARLY days you can leak STRAIGHT through these ones but once your supply settles on a day to day basis, it's really all you need. I just used the Avent washable ones, they come with a little draw string net that you can wash them in.

Eating during labour - GENERALLY they try to limit this in case of an emergency c-section, it's better for surgery that you haven't eaten. As i'm sure most of you know, before surgery you aren't suppose to eat. Obviously some women still do and still have emergency sections but generally that's why they don't like to feed you during labour. I've also read alot that states women lose their appetite during labour, i'm sure it's not true for some, but it's definitly true for me. The moment labour was over though i couldn't stop shaking as i hadn't eaten in so long they had to dig out some ice covered sandwhiches for me at 1am. But not only did i not have an appetite but i figured if i ate in labour i would probably poop during the birth, something i didn't want to do, so i stayed far away from food. LOL.

post partum bleeding - The thing that surprised me the most was that YES it lasted beyond 6 weeks, but only the first week was what i would call heavy. After that it was pretty light. I bought so many maternity pads to last the whole 6 weeks i never considered that i would only need them for 1-2 weeks before just moving onto a smaller lighter flow more comfortable pad for the remainder of the post partum bleeding. So i still have plenty left over from Evas post partum period.

I think I bled for the full 6 weeks after both of my babies.

Which reminds me, something they don't warn you about is clotting, or at least not in any antenatal classes or books I read. After my first was born I was passing huge clots.. I remember sitting on the bed reaching over to put my baby in her cot after breastfeeding and I felt this weird feeling, I ran to the bathroom and passed a clot, it was the size of a small plate and I was hitting the emergency buzzer in the bathroom in a panic and the nurse told me it was normal and inspected it.

ooooooh i don't recall any major clots at all, nice to know i shouldn't freak out if i do get them though.

So much good advice, thanks ladies-I have been making loads of notes ha ha!! Very grateful to have lots of experienced mummas here :) xx

Lol betheny our plan is to spell is Jackson but shorten it to Jacks or Jax, its the name of one of the characters in sons of anarchy :) but with ds we decided his name at our gender scan and never swayed, this time is much harder!

I've got the flu :( it's awful. Poor Jacob was looked after all day yesterday and slept at my patents house, I miss him loads.

The nursery is still full of boxes from moving, we must get it sorted soon! Joshua will be in his Moses basket in our bedroom to begin with but I would prefer that his room was sorted before he arrived. He is going to have Jacob's cot bed and we are buying Jacob a new toddler bed.

Buying the pram next month, originally was going to get the baby jogger city select double but have decided on the baby jogger city mini double, it's a side by side but not huge, plus they have a deal on £460 for the pram, a carrycot for newborn and the rain cover :)

So after a whole day if being worried about my little guy being quiet he put on quite a show last night! I've never been so relieved to get pummeled! He even woke up last night!!

I've just got back from the gp as 7 weeks after it started my chest is still wheezy. He now thinks it's asthma. I think the inhalers can delay labour starting though.

I know I was given sabutamol to delay labour with dd, but I had an inhaler with ds and questioned this and was told that the measured dose in an inhaler would not delay labour. However if taken during labour there is a chance it could slow it down then as it could possibly cause the uterus to relax. But the effects of each dose would not last long enough to have a long lasting effect.

Thanks ginger.

i get my flu shot tomorrow..... sorry claire that your feeling yucky :hugs:

Lauren- dont worry about what ppl say, back in the day women werent told what they can adn cant have and i feel they were healthier than most today! Now these days babies/kids have SO many allergies and i feel it probably has to do with people saying what pregnant women can and cant eat, drink etc.

I dont endulge in caffeine or anything too bad (sweets has been my down fall in this prengancy), but i will have some now and again and not feel guilty because I know its not harming LO as there can be worse things i can do (smoking or drinkin)

In terms of clots, in the uk we are usually told anything the size of a 50p piece or smaller is ok but anything bigger needs to be checked incase its some of the placenta left.

Ive got a full on chest infection and runny nose atm so off to see my doctor in a few hours, taking ds too as he has a nasty cough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->