January Jellybeans 2013!...

I've just got back from the gp as 7 weeks after it started my chest is still wheezy. He now thinks it's asthma. I think the inhalers can delay labour starting though.

I know I was given sabutamol to delay labour with dd, but I had an inhaler with ds and questioned this and was told that the measured dose in an inhaler would not delay labour. However if taken during labour there is a chance it could slow it down then as it could possibly cause the uterus to relax. But the effects of each dose would not last long enough to have a long lasting effect.

ginger- did you change your mind about your little boys name? I thought you thought of Tyler before? or am i just losing it?

ginger- did you change your mind about your little boys name? I thought you thought of Tyler before? or am i just losing it?

Originally we had Caleb :) but then hubby decided he had gone off that name and we settled on Jackson. However at the moment we are just calling him bump as hubby still isnt sure on this name, he likes Freddie too.

Im just hoping we settle on a name before the birth!!

We r completely stuck for boys names! We have done ideas for girls names but its so difficult to think of boys names

They've changed our office around at work so I cant keep up with this thread! (my screen is viasble to the ENTIRE office now). I really miss hearing about you all and your bumps :(

Get one of those privacy screen covers that make it so nobody can see your screen unles right in front of it. :shrug:

Is anyone else really itchy??? I read that the palms of your hands and bottoms of your feet can itch. And obvisouly your belly can, but I'm not having those problems - my face and chest itch so badly!!!

I've been itchy lately. Especially on my belly tho it's definitely stretching.

Is it just me but I'm starting to get neurvous I have still so much to do and I was shaving my legs in the shower now belly is all hard and uncomfortable well ill be gone till tomorrow hope u ladies have a good day

I had the "oh crap I have to give birth" feeling the other day. Still do much to do. I'm trying to make a to do list and a to buy list so that I can get it all handled soon! But it's definitely making me crazy.

I just checked both of my registries and nothing has been bought of either one ... and my shower is on the 20th. lol!! I wasn't stressed about getting stuff but now I'm starting to think we will end up having to get so much stuff!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Well maybe they're buying last minute or have bought the item but never has the registry scanne to have it removed. :thumbup:

I just checked both of my registries and nothing has been bought of either one ... and my shower is on the 20th. lol!! I wasn't stressed about getting stuff but now I'm starting to think we will end up having to get so much stuff!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Aww, well... sometimes people just take ideas out of the registry and buy them somewhere else. :shrug:

Are you registered at target? I'm starting to not like it... it says 2 purchases were made, but it shows up with nothing. I think I'm going to not believe it. :cry:

maybe the items bought were actually gift cards if it doesn't show. :shrug: the thing I like about target is they send you coupons I got a $10 coupon and 15% off to go toward my registry. :)

Its been on my mind lately to pack the hospital bag. Have y'all given it any thought? I think I'll be working on that this week. For second time moms anything you wish you had brought to the hospital? Think I may tour the hospital too. :shrug:

They've changed our office around at work so I cant keep up with this thread! (my screen is viasble to the ENTIRE office now). I really miss hearing about you all and your bumps :(

Get one of those privacy screen covers that make it so nobody can see your screen unles right in front of it. :shrug:

Is anyone else really itchy??? I read that the palms of your hands and bottoms of your feet can itch. And obvisouly your belly can, but I'm not having those problems - my face and chest itch so badly!!!

Is it just me but I'm starting to get neurvous I have still so much to do and I was shaving my legs in the shower now belly is all hard and uncomfortable well ill be gone till tomorrow hope u ladies have a good day

I had the "oh crap I have to give birth" feeling the other day. Still do much to do. I'm trying to make a to do list and a to buy list so that I can get it all handled soon! But it's definitely making me crazy.

Well maybe they're buying last minute or have bought the item but never has the registry scanne to have it removed. :thumbup:

Aww, well... sometimes people just take ideas out of the registry and buy them somewhere else. :shrug:

Are you registered at target? I'm starting to not like it... it says 2 purchases were made, but it shows up with nothing. I think I'm going to not believe it. :cry:

maybe the items bought were actually gift cards if it doesn't show. :shrug: the thing I like about target is they send you coupons I got a $10 coupon and 15% off to go toward my registry. :)

Its been on my mind lately to pack the hospital bag. Have y'all given it any thought? I think I'll be working on that this week. For second time moms anything you wish you had brought to the hospital? Think I may tour the hospital too. :shrug:

Target sent me a card for a $20.00 gift card, all we had to do was go to the target, show them our registry and we had a $20.00 gift card.

Edit: I also asked about the percentage off and they told us that after Jan 9th we would get a card for that.

I wish I had remembered to take some snacks, even just a few breakfast bars lol cos I laboured through dinner time and by the time I got to the ward I was starving and felt bad asking them for food so waited till the morning, dont think I actually ate all that day as I was terrified I would poop during the pushing part lol

I wasn't allowed to eat during labor. The cafeteria was closed so they gave me a chicken salad sandwich. Which after not eating all day I wasn't impressed. :haha: I do plan on getting delivery if the cafeteria doesn't have anything appealing. I've prewarned dh. :haha:

I've started on my hospital bag as midwife keeps asking if I've done it, she said they like to have them at least started by v day! I have babies bits, need a few other bits for me then done x

I've started on my hospital bag as midwife keeps asking if I've done it, she said they like to have them at least started by v day! I have babies bits, need a few other bits for me then done x

On V day?? my midwife said to start it at around 34 weeks lol although I have almost finished mine, just need to get some new pj's and slippers for me hehe

I would have loved food but they wouldn't let me eat. They gave me 2 jello cups and that was it ... I was there at 7am and gave birth at 10:30 PM! I was STARVING!!!!! And angry because they wouldn't let me eat. Hello? How am I suppose to have the energy to push if I haven't eaten all day???

I've thought about packing a bag ... and then I get distracted by something else. hahahahaha! I will definitely be taking my laptop with me. Maybe some movies to distract me and keep DH entertained. lol! I think this go around, I'll have more things to make me comfortable and help pass the time for both of us.

I know a lot of people take their own pillows but I don't think I'll take mine just because I don't want to have to unload like I'm coming home from vacation. I will be taking my snuggie I think. hahaha! It keeps me super warm and in January ... yea ... If you are a first time mom, take warm socks. They gave me some but mine kept falling down. My feet were always freezing. I know this time I do NOT want to wear that ugly uncomfortable hospital gown. I think I'll have extra clothes so I can get dressed. Those pictures that we have are like --- woa unattractive --- :haha::haha: Not to mention I was tired of my butt hanging out. hahahhahahahaa! Well they put 2 on me I think so that I was technically covered but it didn't help at all.

I though v day was early! I have pj's, slippers and a dressing gown to get for me and then done I think although would love a definitive list.

I have . . For baby

Nappies
Sleep suits
Grows
Coming home fit
Hats
Mits
Socks
Coat
Cotton wool
Muslims
Bibs

For me . . .

Nursing bras
Toiletries - shampo, tooth paste etc
Hand bands
Pads
Books
iPod
Towels

To get . .

Pjs
Slippers
Gown
Socks
Undies
Snacks

I keep seeing some of you ladies mention witch hazel. I've seen in at the store but how would I go about making something so that I could use it afterwards for healing? It was rough when I had DD and I felt like I struggled to heal. I ripped pretty bad with DD and I'm not expecting to rip that bad again but just in case I have any kind of soreness or pain, I would like to have some options.

I'm thinking a little spray mist bottle with water and witchhazel added to it. Could keep it in the bathroom and just spray it on after each bathroom visit.

I'm definitely taking a lot of snacks to the hospital this time. With my second baby I loved the hospital food in the private hospital but when you're in labour its nice to have snacks on hand. If not for me then for OH. I do remember feeling really hungry when I had my daughter and I think if I had eaten I would have had a lot more energy to push. I don't know what my hospital offers at all whether there is a tv or anything in the birthing suites. I need to find out when the antenatal classes begin as I'm still waiting for information to come in the mail about that.

Oh man...hospital bag..havnt thought of that...i just got a new vera bradley duffle i can take and use babies vera bradley diaper bag for her stuff....i always overpack lol..ill prob take two bags lol...

You guys are all way more organised than me. I haven't thought about any of that stuff yet. :-s

Oy. The hospital bag slipped my mind even though I've thought about it before. Another thing for the list.

Baby furniture comes tomorrow!!!

I was thinking I was crazy for thinking about a hospital bag this early... Glad I'm not the only one!

For nursing bras I went to Burlington this weekend to look around. I bought a bunch of new underwear (maternity) and 4 nursing bras for $44! All the bras have some room in them and adjust easily. I even lucked out with a hands free pumping bra from La Leche League that was clearanced for $2.99! Even if I only use it a few times it will be worth it!

Spent all weekend doing house things, building and moving furniture, etc. I was totally wiped out and baby has been vey quiet today. It makes me nervous but then I'll feel a little. Ive also had quite a few Braxton Hicks today... I think I just overdid it this weekend.

ladies im freaking out...I have been drinking decaf crystal light throughtout this whole pregnancy not thinking anything of it...then today someone informed me I shouldnt because of the sweeteners and now Im scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->