January Jellybeans 2013!...

So after a whole day if being worried about my little guy being quiet he put on quite a show last night! I've never been so relieved to get pummeled! He even woke up last night!!

I keep worrying about fetal movement. We had a quiet Friday and Saturday. I was nervous but since the baby has been kicking up a storm. And I have noticed a pattern of lots of activity around 11pm to midnight and again at 4am. *sigh* Which probably means that's when this little bean will be active as a newborn. :)

The baby was kicking so hard this morning he/she woke me up at 4am. I pulled DH's hand onto my belly and he was enjoying a quiet moment of kicks. It was super sweet and smushy the way it can only be in the rainy early morning hours.

Ditty if your newborn can give you a 4hr block at night you're lucky!!! Eva was a fabulous sleeper so I can't complain or compare because that girl just loves to sleep but My friends 4 month old was still waking 2.5-3hourly at night.

If Lilah's waking times now are what she's going to have when she's a newborn, I'm screwed. She's up and active from like 9 to 11 at night, 2 to 4 AM, and then up again at 6 for an hour or so. She spends a little time awake from 10 to 11 or noon and then sleeps until around 5 in the evening. Then she's awake for a couple more hours. I'm not going to get any sleep.

DH started his new job yesterday and said it is a very simple job compared to his last ones. He said he thinks he will really like it. :) For the first two weeks he has to be there at 6am ... I can honestly say I do NOT enjoy hearing the alarm and seeing lights flick on at 5am! UGH! Thankfully I fell right back to sleep this morning. After two weeks he will start his regular shift which is 2pm-10pm. Not too bad. It will be a big adjustment not having him here for dinner though.

Chloe was going crazy right after DH got up this morning. Maybe she heard the alarm go off. :haha: I've never felt her go so crazy before. lol! Usually I never feel her at night. Right before I go to bed, she is usually her most active and I feel her off and on throughout the day. Other than that she seems pretty content. Let us hope that she stays that way outside the womb. :haha:

I will say last night was the best night of sleep I've had since becoming pregnant. Since DH had to get up so early, we all went to bed super early and I slept all night. I think I may have gotten up once, but I'm not really sure. lol! It was great to get some rest.

I have a check up this week. Thursday afternoon I go for my 28 week check up. I think it will just be a how are you feeling, listen to the heartbeat checkup as I've already had my GD test.

So when do we begin the movement count or kick count? When we are in week 30?

What to Expect says 28 weeks (I think). I am going to ask my OB at my appointment next week. For now they just ask me if I have been feeling the baby moving but no counts.

BTW - I can't believe we are talking about kick counts!!!

5am I was wide awake being kicked around! I can do 5 am lol.. as long as she lets me sleep all night ahah...

Hey ladies!

Today I've been watching More Business of Being Born. Have any of you watched that or the first one, Business of Being Born? Interesting stuff. I didn't know Brazil has a 93% C-section rate.

I watched it back when I was pregnant with Rayven. I found it very interesting and thought it had good thought and intention behind it. But like DeeDee mentions, it is very biased. And while I am pro home birth, I would never say that's what a women should do. I don't think it is right to use scare tactics to get your point across pro homebirth or pro hospital birth.

Grrrrrr dh is on my nerves tonight! I wat toslap him in the face!

OMG! I am sorry. I know how you feel. Last night though it was hubby getting home, me cleaning most of the day :)rofl:) and cooking dinner. He doesn't even say "hi, honey. how are you?" before he starts throwing attitude at me because I didn't make cornbread to go along with it. Doesn't say anything about how nice it looks around here.

hospital bag - I took way too much stuff first time with Eva and only used a FRACTION of it. But i think my most valuable possession was ear plugs!!!! i bought them on a whim when ONE mother on BnB recommended i buy them, they are no where near enough to drown out your own baby crying you'll hear them EASILY as they are right next to you but it really helps drown out the hustle bustle and noisiness of the ward, when you're trying to sleep and finding it difficult putting them in your eyes and hearing the noise halve really is a god send. Also FOOD! i took some muesli bars with me that were meal replacement bars and i ate all the hospital food and all my bars, the hospital food no where near was enough for me. lol. instead of buying disposable underwear which were super expensive i just bought a 10 pack of incredibly cheap underwear (10 pairs for $10) and if any got soaked in blood i threw them out because they were cheaper than disposables anyway. But in the end they were actually reasonably comfortable and a good addition to my underwear draw, lol. I also never needed to throw any out.

Who was asking about the baby name Riley being more girl or more boy??? i have taken to searching uni-sex names on the top 1000 names for girls and top 1000 names for boys to see if they're more boy or more girl. Riley came in at no.39 for girls and no.106 for boys. We've pretty much settled on Remy for a boy, which alot of people are saying is a girls name but it is definitly more boy than girl.

Ginger i have two friends with boys named Jackson, one spelt Jackson the other spelt Jaxon, i always preferred the Jackson spelling but i've discovered Jackson get's Jack for short and Jaxon get's Jax for short! which i think is super super cute, She refers to him as Jax and i just think it's adorable.

La mere paw paw ointment is said to be vegan on most vegan websites, but some say the companies are vague on how they test the product, but then again there are alot of different paw paw brands, but it really shouldn't CONTAIN any animal or animal by product.

breast pads i HATED the disposable ones, because they've got plastic backing they don't breath and are quite sweaty and they don't really soak up the milk you kind of stay damp until you change them, the washable ones were so much nicer, more comfortable, less sweaty, the only thing is in the EARLY days you can leak STRAIGHT through these ones but once your supply settles on a day to day basis, it's really all you need. I just used the Avent washable ones, they come with a little draw string net that you can wash them in.

Eating during labour - GENERALLY they try to limit this in case of an emergency c-section, it's better for surgery that you haven't eaten. As i'm sure most of you know, before surgery you aren't suppose to eat. Obviously some women still do and still have emergency sections but generally that's why they don't like to feed you during labour. I've also read alot that states women lose their appetite during labour, i'm sure it's not true for some, but it's definitly true for me. The moment labour was over though i couldn't stop shaking as i hadn't eaten in so long they had to dig out some ice covered sandwhiches for me at 1am. But not only did i not have an appetite but i figured if i ate in labour i would probably poop during the birth, something i didn't want to do, so i stayed far away from food. LOL.

post partum bleeding - The thing that surprised me the most was that YES it lasted beyond 6 weeks, but only the first week was what i would call heavy. After that it was pretty light. I bought so many maternity pads to last the whole 6 weeks i never considered that i would only need them for 1-2 weeks before just moving onto a smaller lighter flow more comfortable pad for the remainder of the post partum bleeding. So i still have plenty left over from Evas post partum period.

Thank you, Betheney! I will have to look into that! I agree with you about the disposable breast pads. I am pretty sure I got the same Advent ones that come with the mess bag! I love 'em!

I just read in WTE this morning that we start kick count at 28 weeks.

OMG! Only 94 more days till I get to meet my new little one!!

havn;t been on in while but thought id check in an say hello!

sounds like everyone is already getting prepared for the big day.....i havent even started!

Attachments

• 24weeks.jpg
    24weeks.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1
  • 24weeks2.jpg
    24weeks2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1
Lovely bump Mama!

I typed out a huge post this morning & then my laptop died & I lost it and we've been busy since then. Sooo annoying!

I'm having a rough day with DS. He won't eat anything (though had a little fruit & cheese earlier in the day). He wouldn't have lunch & keeps asking for cake or crisps or biscuits (which he rarely ever has) so I'm offering him other things which he refuses. As a result he's hungry & grumpy & driving me nuts!!!! I've made him a lovely dinner & he won't look at it, but is clearly hungry... Arghhhh! So glad he's normally a good eater, I would go insane!

As for Betheney's post on eating during labour - I forced down a whole casserole about an hour before DS was born! I didn't enjoy it, but DH kept saying that I wouldn't get anything until morning & I'd need the energy. I was in loads of pain & felt sick. The hospital staff clearly thought it would take a lot longer for the induction to work, otherwise I assume I wouldn't have been given dinner. I won't be eating in labour next time beyond a small snack or two.... I also took breakfast bars in my bag & wolfed them down the following day or two in hospital!

DS has finally given & eaten every last scrap of veg chilli & potatoes & has instantly perked up! Phew!

Well just been to see my doctor and she is keeping me signed off work indefinitly now, she thinks I have a throat infection but has told me to just take paracetamol and drink plenty of fluids.

Whilst there I booked to have my flu jab and whooping cough jab next wednesday, then popped to the supermarket. The lady on the till asked me if I was ready to pop, I explained I had 13 weeks left pmsl and she said I was huge! Then outside I bumped into my little brothers friend who again commented on how 'massive' I am :(

Will try and get a bump pic up later :hugs:

Sorry you're not well Ginger, but glad you don't need to worry about work now :)

So do you US ladies have to count how many times baby kicks?

From what I've heard and read, they ask you to count kicks for one hr in the morning and the evening. You want 10 movements/kicks in that hour. If it dramatically changes, the decreased fetal movement could be a sign of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->