January Jellybeans 2013!...

So this week I've been throwing up more than usual just yesterday was 3 times and 2 were bile which I might say is not fun and I feel today is no exception but I have noticed this month I'm eating more but as if now I've only gained 4 pounds but I'm not super skinny either so I think I'm still ok

About the post about being induced at 37 weeks I think that's too early I was induced at 38 with my second and this one will be around 38/38.5 weeks

Ask at the counters what their return policies are. I know most all places will take them after the 30 days. Walmart, babies r us etc

Specify if I don't need anymore in this size will I be able to return these in 4 months?

And the 10$ off Huggies is that only in the us or Canada too?

I'm not sure. You could call your local sams club. I think I saw it available online too.

I started reading books on labor and delivery and breastfeeding and... wow. I should have started reading this stuff a long time ago! I didn't even think about it until I hit the third trimester, and now I feel like I have so much to do in the course of three months. its a little overwhelming.

What do you have to do in regards to L&D and BF?

Ginger and Nikki, you both look beautiful!!

Deedee, I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Question for you ladies discussing freezing meals, what is the best container to use for storing them? And how far in advance is best to cook them?

The discharge has slacked off. I laid down and slept for 2 hours but still feeling just off. I think my body wanted to sleep more than what I did. Just as DH came in, I was falling asleep. He walked in and I smiled and was sound asleep on the couch. He took the laptop in the bedroom and kept the house really quiet so I could rest. He made sure DD was up by 4 and she was super excited to have daddy wake her up. I wish I could feel better. Maybe after some dinner I will feel better ... it is just the getting up to do it that I am struggling with.

Sorry Nikki you are feeling bad too. Hopefully we will all feel better tomorrow.

So I have a question and this may sound silly but DH hears about you girls all the time and knows that we are pretty spread out all over the globe and he wanted me to ask for those of you that aren't in the states, what kind of foods are you known for? Or what is a food that is common to you guys. He was asking about Australia the other night.

Question for you ladies discussing freezing meals, what is the best container to use for storing them? And how far in advance is best to cook them?

I am putting mine in disposable aluminum trays so that I can trash the trays after I heat or cook the meals in the oven. Also, can use gallon size freezer ziploc bags. Most things can be frozen for up to 3 months :thumbup:

Another one of those rants on "Oh you just wait and see."

Grrr. I posted on FB this morning that I only had 3.5 hrs of sleep last night and that I must be prepping for January. I later commented that one night of sleep deprivation isn't the problem but that I experienced MONTHS of sleep deprivation in vet school and I knew I could survive it.

I'm sure you know where this is going. Someone chimes in, "Oh you'll survive but it's nothing like that. It's way worse and your brain is gone." This came from a woman with NO support network, family, or friends nearby and who's husband works 16-18 hrs a day. Maybe it's true, but why at every step of the way is motherhood an EFFING competition??? Someone always has to point out how much worse it will be or was for them.

Is it too much to ask for moms to be supportive and non-competitive with first time moms?

I am alone with just hubby who works fulltime, we've never been able to have Eva baby sat and it's all on us. I got so much "oh you just wait" comments when I was pregnant with Eva. People were horrified when they found out ihad no family around. I was so prepared to move states to be with family and support. But when she was born I spent weeks waiting for the inevitable "life will be turned upside down" and it never happened. My life was very much the same but I had a baby on the hip. I was still the same person doing all the same things. With just a couple of night time wake ups thrown in. But in all honesty the night time feedings aren't even Thayer bad. You're so used to them by the time baby is here you don't wake every 3 hours saying "oh my god I wish I was dead" you wake saying "hello little baby ready for a feed?". don't get me wrong there was a few rough nights but it's all apart of just being a mum and not every night is a rough night. On Eva's 3rd night she literally cried the entire night. I was so incredibly lost on what to do and felt totally out of my element and was completely knackered. The next morning my milk came in and I virtually slept all day. Lol.

Everytime someone I know falls pregnant I tell them one thing "ignore the negative motherhood comments, sure it has it's rough times but its a million times more fun and enjoyable than it is bad"

but then again most people think me and Eva are some kind of exception to the ruleb and she's just an easy baby.

Wish i had the energy to cook. I am the worlds worst wife lol

Because I'm vegetarian my husbands cooks all his own meals and I cook all mine. So don't feel bad, you're not the only one whose husband feeds himself.

I got so much "oh you just wait" comments when I was pregnant with Eva. People were horrified when they found out ihad no family around. I was so prepared to move states to be with family and support. But when she was born I spent weeks waiting for the inevitable "life will be turned upside down" and it never happened. My life was very much the same but I had a baby on the hip. I was still the same person doing all the same things. With just a couple of night time wake ups thrown in. But in all honesty the night time feedings aren't even Thayer bad. You're so used to them by the time baby is here you don't wake every 3 hours saying "oh my god I wish I was dead" you wake saying "hello little baby ready for a feed?". don't get me wrong there was a few rough nights but it's all apart of just being a mum and not every night is a rough night. On Eva's 3rd night she literally cried the entire night. I was so incredibly lost on what to do and felt totally out of my element and was completely knackered. The next morning my milk came in and I virtually slept all day. Lol.

Everytime someone I know falls pregnant I tell them one thing "ignore the negative motherhood comments, sure it has it's rough times but its a million times more fun and enjoyable than it is bad"

but then again most people think me and Eva are some kind of exception to the ruleb and she's just an easy baby.

Thats so nice to hear!!! I ALWAYS get the "oh, just you wait!!!" from Soooo many mom's. I hate when they say that!

Thanks for the support ladies, I really appreciate it. Went potty for the gazillion time today and thank God no signs of it. I'll keep it mellow for the rest of the night and hubby is bringing in dinner. Now just praying I don't see it anymore. You guys are amazing, thanks!

I don't want to put unrealistic expectations in people's heads but when people would ask me "so how's being a mum?" I'd always reply "not anywhere near as hard as I expected, its pretty great"

But I did have a good sleeper and napped during the day.

sleep does so much for our emotions and state of mind.

Is anyone else getting hungrier? I know that towards the end we are suppose to take in more calories anyway but yikes. lol! Today I seem to have added in another meal. Of course that may be ok as I don't eat a bigger portion ... could be I'm just needing more for the growing baby. lol!

I've actually had to force myself to eat at times. My stomach is feeling full all the time because baby is just taking up all the space. This started much later with my last pregnancy. There is the rare occasion that I eat at 8 and am ready to eat another breakfast at ten. It's harder to eat at night. Cereal is my best friend. :thumbup:

Afm I had a visit to the dentist today. FUN. Not! I've had a little pain today and am trying to stay off my feet for the rest of tonight. I've already fed dd supper and I'll have dh put her to bed. :thumbup: I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow tho because a friend told me about a consignment shop for kids/babies that has new or gently used things for cheap. I really want to go!! I've found I'm missing a couple more baby items which I'm not to happy about but better I fid out now then when I need them. :shrug:

Do any of you plan on touring the hospital? I was thinking about doing that in the next couple weeks.

Also I was curious who do u plan on having in the delivery room? I think we talked about it a while ago and does anybody plan on having a photographer? :flower:

Do any of you plan on touring the hospital? I was thinking about doing that in the next couple weeks.

Also I was curious who do u plan on having in the delivery room? I think we talked about it a while ago and does anybody plan on having a photographer? :flower:

I'm planning on it. They only do it Mondays at 5. And no photographer, just hubby that will have to multitask while trying to not pass out :haha:

Oh, and I'm getting hungrier... :blush: I know I should only be eating 300 calories plus a day, but man... I ain't counting calories while pregnant LOL

I don't want to put unrealistic expectations in people's heads but when people would ask me "so how's being a mum?" I'd always reply "not anywhere near as hard as I expected, its pretty great"

But I did have a good sleeper and napped during the day.

sleep does so much for our emotions and state of mind.

I appreciate your honesty. It's nice to hear the HAPPY side of motherhood. I feel like all I hear is:
  • Your marriage will suffer and you will be dissatisfied. It will never be the same (in a bad way, not a good way).
  • You will never sleep again.
  • Breast feeding is so painful, you will want to quit.
  • You won't be able to handle labor pains. Nobody will give you a medal for going natural.

I love hearing how people make it work and how it's the best thing in their life. Babies will change everything, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I hope my DH and I find a meaning in life even deeper than what we feel now. I want it to strengthen our bond. I won't be perfect and I'm ok with that. I want to be all consumed with love. Perhaps that's a little too 'rainbows and unicorns' of me, but those are my goals.

If anyone like McDonald's smoothies I got 2 big containers of bananna and starwberry smoothies at Costco for 4.79 for both mix that with ice tasts the same and it's all natural even without the ice it's so good :)

I was suppose to tour the hospital with dh 2 weeks ago but was so sick so when I see the nurse who follows me every month ill ask her when the next one is :)

DH gets so mad when people at work make those comments to him. Luckily, most of the girls in my office are not in the kid phase of life yet so I don't have to hear too much of it. It was the same when we got married-people would tell us how different it will be when we're out of the honeymoon phase. I find it kind of sad that so many people try to make you feel negative about such fantastic life changes! What does that say about their lives and relationships?

Seems as though we all had a tough day today :( Baby boy decided to do cartwheels all day right across my sciatic nerve to the point where I was in tears at one point at work! He seems to have laid off now, for which I'm grateful. I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow and we're all back to our usual, cheerful, baby baking selves!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->