January Jellybeans 2013!...

On a very strange note of this Honey Boo Boo thing - Apparently Rosie O'Donnell wants to buy the family a nice house...... I guess some people relate or feel bad? I can't watch it, it's just way too weird for me & reminds me of some of the customers I speak with on the phone....
I do watch Long Island Medium, which is still like a trainwreck that I can't look away from.... We had a quote request come through and I recognized their names - luckily a few other people here watch it so I wasn't looked at like a freak.

On a SUPER positive note - I passed my GTT with flying colours! Woo hoo!!!!

I watch honey boo boo but only cuz it's like an accident u know u shouldn't but u look anyways but NEVER have I thought everyone acted like that. To me it seems they are a special family and I can't think of many people who would act like that

For whatever reason people love that show. They started getting paid $5000 per episode now it's $20,000. And they have a driver and body guard. An Rosie odonnel has publicly said she loves that family and wants to meet them and buy them a house??!! :saywhat:

Omg u have to be kidding well shit ill act like that to get a house lol people nowadays have no values

you girls should Google how much Amber Portwood gets for being on Teen Mom. The amount will make you want to neck yourself. Not false either, she had to say it in court.

On a very strange note of this Honey Boo Boo thing - Apparently Rosie O'Donnell wants to buy the family a nice house...... I guess some people relate or feel bad? I can't watch it, it's just way too weird for me & reminds me of some of the customers I speak with on the phone....
I do watch Long Island Medium, which is still like a trainwreck that I can't look away from.... We had a quote request come through and I recognized their names - luckily a few other people here watch it so I wasn't looked at like a freak.

On a SUPER positive note - I passed my GTT with flying colours! Woo hoo!!!!

I watched Long Island medium this Sunday and it must be the hormones but I cried its sad and dh just stood there and laughed at me

I know I read somewhere that honey boo boos mom was getting death threats and now their making crazy amount of money per show but body guards and now u say Rosie wants to buy them a house are u kidding me they are the most disfunctional family I ever saw !

you girls should Google how much Amber Portwood gets for being on Teen Mom. The amount will make you want to neck yourself. Not false either, she had to say it in court.

Isn't she now in jail? She chose jail over her daughter couldn't stop doing drugs I think it was. I feel bad for her kid who now has no mom.

SERIOUSLY! That's the most ridiculous salary I've seen for someone who did nothing more than have sex too young, get pregnant and somehow put on TV!
It's so sad seeing some of these shows and finding out how much people make for being such horrible people....

I cry at every episode of Long Island Medium - I can't help it - DH usually stays away for it cuz once I start he gets teared up and hates it. LOL

I never got into the Teen Mom shows but I did watch a few episodes. I was shocked that they have shows ... successful ones at that ... about kids getting knocked up! I did hear about Amber going to jail because of drugs ... SERIOUSLY?! This is what this poor child has for a role model. I hope for the child, the mother can either clean herself up or stay out of her life because that is an awful way to be when you have a child to take care of.

I've only seen commercials for The Long Island Medium and I have never bought into stuff like that. I have seen too many fake people to really believe she is real. And her nails drive me crazy when I see them. :haha:

Betheney I agree about being SOO glad I'm married. DH and I neither one even want to think about what it would be like to have to date. We laugh about it a lot. And I have no idea why people can't accept someone being with one person sexually. I've had people ask me if I've ever wondered if another man might be better ... why would I? DH is pretty amazing ... while no I don't have anyone to compare to but I know what awesome feels like. :haha::haha:

That is so neat that your steak houses have American memorabilia. haha! Each steakhouse here is a little different in theme I guess you could say, so they are decorated differently. I haven't been to Outback in a long time but in Texas Roadhouse is suppose to look very "Texas" ... There is a saddle when you first walk in ... there are cactus plants around ... very "cowboyish" lol! I just go because they make the most awesome steak and they aren't overpriced.

Still an eggplant BUT 28 weeks today!!!! I think I'll try and get another bump picture today. I have an appt at 3:30 today. Part of me gets tired of going so much. I like hearing the heartbeat but I feel like it is waste of my time to drive out there for just that. I wouldn't mind going out when there are important things to do but it feels silly to drive 20 minutes and wait for 15 just to be in there for 2 minutes and leave. I know it is about to get worse though. I know soon it will change from once a month to every 2 weeks. Blah! I wish they paid for the gas to get out there. lol!

I can't stand stereotypes... Its really sad. Like the steakhouse discussion. I've never been to either Outback or Texas Roadhouse.. But I can only imagine how Australia and Texas are portraied. Being from Texas originally myself I would probably get a good laugh.

Sassy & Betheney- I agree with you both. Thank god I am married! Lol I can't imagine dating. My hubby and I have know each other since I was 11 and he was 15... We're best friends for about 8 years before we got together and have been together since '08 and married for a little over 2 1/2 years. And most of the couples we were friends with back before we got married aren't even together anymore.

And Betheney, you look gorgeous, hun!

I've got some bump pics for you girls! I will upload them when I get on the laptop.

I'm making a recipe for donuts and its gonna take me 4 hours almost to finally get them into the oil all I have to say is it better turn out good!

I can't stand stereotypes... Its really sad. Like the steakhouse discussion. I've never been to either Outback or Texas Roadhouse.. But I can only imagine how Australia and Texas are portraied. Being from Texas originally myself I would probably get a good laugh.

Sassy & Betheney- I agree with you both. Thank god I am married! Lol I can't imagine dating. My hubby and I have know each other since I was 11 and he was 15... We're best friends for about 8 years before we got together and have been together since '08 and married for a little over 2 1/2 years. And most of the couples we were friends with back before we got married aren't even together anymore.

I've got some bump pics for you girls! I will upload them when I get on the laptop.

You know, hubby is from TX and a small town. He was born in Houston but parents wanted a lot of land and quiet. He doesn't even have an accent, all he has is Y'all, which he gave to me. But his parents say I have more of an accent now than he ever did. Not that there is anything bad with it, but yeah, you can only imagine what people think when they say TX. I love it here, people still say Howdy or Hi to you LOL

In Guatemala we have stakehouses, and we don't consider them "american". We just consider them.. places where they sell steak. We do have TGIFridays, Applebees, Chillies, etc etc but because those are North American trademarks we do consider them "american". I bet for a lot of people when you say Guatemala they think jungle LOL but i'm from the city and know nothing about surviving without technology LOL

Hubby wants 2 kids 3 at the most. I told him he better start praying a little girl comes soon, because I don't plan on stop trying 'till I have a little girl. I've always wanted to be a mommy to a boy and a girl. His sister has 3 boys and 1 girl, and already had a dream that her belly baby is a boy... haha In law says he is going to get us all a school bus to take us on family trips LOL

Deedee that is so cool that you brought up what they have in Guatemala because your right, I would have never thought that there are American restaurants down there. I wouldn't think jungle, more beautiful landscaping. Do you have any fun traditions or traditional Guatemalan foods that you do?

I love our group!!! It is so much fun to not only go through this amazing journey but seriously getting a glimpse of the world out there is so much amazing to me!

I have family in Houston and DH and I really like it there. It is very busy much like here where we are but there are some really beautiful places there. DH and I moved cross country twice. Once when we got married, we moved from Georgia to California to stay with my family and it was an amazing trip then ... then later on we moved from California to Florida. Beautiful trip ... driving through all the different states, seeing the changing landscape is great.

I have a friend from high school who took a teaching job in Thailand and the pictures she posts are amazing!! She says the food there is incredible and it makes it hard to stay in shape. She recently has posted a picture of her laying with TIGERS!!! She gets to ride elephants ... Just amazing!

You know, hubby is from TX and a small town. He was born in Houston but parents wanted a lot of land and quiet. He doesn't even have an accent, all he has is Y'all, which he gave to me. But his parents say I have more of an accent now than he ever did. Not that there is anything bad with it, but yeah, you can only imagine what people think when they say TX. I love it here, people still say Howdy or Hi to you LOL

In Guatemala we have stakehouses, and we don't consider them "american". We just consider them.. places where they sell steak. We do have TGIFridays, Applebees, Chillies, etc etc but because those are North American trademarks we do consider them "american". I bet for a lot of people when you say Guatemala they think jungle LOL but i'm from the city and know nothing about surviving without technology LOL

Lol, that's cute! I can't hear my own accent but I've had a few people when we would travel when I was younger, actually laugh at the way I spoke because I was born and raised in TX. It offends me a little when I know what people think when you say TX, but I guess there isn't anything you can do about it, lol. Actually when I think Guatemala, I think a mix of city and jungle. :shrug: I don't know why, lol.

Hubby wants 2 kids 3 at the most. I told him he better start praying a little girl comes soon, because I don't plan on stop trying 'till I have a little girl. I've always wanted to be a mommy to a boy and a girl. His sister has 3 boys and 1 girl, and already had a dream that her belly baby is a boy... haha In law says he is going to get us all a school bus to take us on family trips LOL

LOL!! Hubby and I both want at most 5 kids. Since I'm an only child I wanted a bigger family and since he is the exact middle of 9 kids, he wants a smaller family. So I got him to compromise on 5, but we'll be happy however many kids we end up having.. so long as I get my little boy soon! :haha: I've always loved the idea of being mommy to a little boy.. Of course, I get to do more fun stuff with Rayven :haha:

And here are the pics I promised!!
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-10-10145341_zps570ab049.jpg
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-10-10145321_zpsfea6e4ee.jpg
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Rayvens_Mama/2012-10-10145300_zps5020509b.jpg

Oh my goodness, I cannot keep up with you all! I just seem to be so busy between DS & all the general chores & cooking etc!

You guys are all so sweet! ... and sound like really lovely couples. DH & I met at school too - I think we're so lucky!

Deedee - sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare. Hope that's the end of it now.

Ginger - Sorry you're still unwell.

Beautiful bumps Nikki & Ginger!

I'm afraid I have no idea about any of the TV programmes you guys are talking about! The highlight of my TV week at the moment is the great british bake off! Which is perhaps a little sad - I just sit there drooling!

I'm not sure if it's just because I'm up north, but we don't really have many steak houses in my part of England & those we do have tend to be really nice, upmarket places. I definitely don't think steak houses are popular over here. However I'm afraid the fish & chip thing is true! We love fish & chips! We also have a lot of roast dinners, shepherds pie, cottage pie (beef instead of lamb). Up here hotpot is traditional, as is pie with pickled purple cabbage & there are loads of local sweet pastries like Eccles/Chorley cakes (pastry full of raisins), bakewell tarts (almond flavour) etc. Obviously we eat loads of other stuff too though!

I'm afraid I did find it very difficult being a new mum & am petrified about the first year this time around. However I try not to tell newly pregnant people about it in detail & if they do want to know, I would stress to them that my experience wasn't typical! I do feel like a bit of a failure when people go on about how wonderful their life is with their newborn though, ormake out like people who found it hard are wrong. I don't think people appreciate how different babies can be, I feel like they think I'm weaker, or not as good as good a mother, or that my expectations were wrong. They weren't. Sone babies are easy, some have their monents & others (as lovely as they turn out) are a bloody nightmare!!!! It actually really upsets me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->