January Jellybeans 2013!...

Hi girls all is well! :happydance: ONE happy healthy little baby. :happydance:

My scan went very well and i got there with an almost exploding bladder. lol. So the receptionist said go to the toilet and try and only let a little bit out. I didn't even know i could do that but yes i let out a little bit and then got called 10 mins early. I warned the sono i had a full bladder and she said if it's too full i'll just have to empty it. So i lied on the bed and she put the thing on and i could see the baby but couldn't see a heart beat and i could tell she couldn't see it either and i honestly started to panic. I hadn't been worried about the scan at all honestly. I felt like everything would be fine. Then she said "yeah i might get you to empty your bladder" and i know it was because she couldn't find a heart beat and just before she was about to stop so i could pee she found the little heart beat. PHEW!! but she got me to pee anyway. Which was the worlds greatest relief and we then continued with the scan.

So my dates are spot on! 7+3 and due January 4th. Heartbeat 146 beats per minute.

I explained about the bleeding/spotting and she said she can definitely see the pocket of blood and i've circled it in red for you ladies. There are more pics which show it bigger but i just showed you the two baby photos that include it. She said that these things just happen. She said it looks like it's shrinking and shouldn't give me anymore grief and i said the spotting stopped 3 days ago so i wasn't concerned really. I nearly asked could it of been another baby (a twin) that didn't eventuate into anything, but then thought that if she said yes there was a chance of it i would of gotten really upset so just thought i'm happy not knowing forever now. But everything i read about a Subchorionic Hemorrhage says they happen by the placenta, this pocket was no where near the placenta.

There was a moment at the beginning of the scan where it looked like a baby but then she never got an as good image as she did that moment and only looked like a blob after that. lol

She also scanned my kidneys which tickled like you wouldn't beleive!!! lol and my ovaries look good.

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty/uploadme1.jpg
https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/fatty_betty/uploadme2.jpg
Awesome scan! Congrats!

thanks so much ladies!!!!!!

Mrs Miggins change your EDD from 3rd of Jan to 2nd? or wait for your dating scan?

Great scan Betheney, how exciting!! Glad they found the heartbeat for you:happydance:
I am curious to see at my scan on Friday if I also have a "pocket of blood" as I have had strange bouts of bleeding this entire month and dr has not yet been able to tell me why. It is encouraging to see that not all bleeding is sign of an impending miscarriage.

Betheney - so glad everything went well and great pic!

My symptoms seem to have got up and disappeared which is worrying me a little, other than the odd cramp still. I'm getting anxious again about my scan on Friday and keep having thoughts that they'll be no heart beat. Trying to stay positive. X

thanks so much ladies!!!!!!

Mrs Miggins change your EDD from 3rd of Jan to 2nd? or wait for your dating scan?

Wait till the dating scan. I don't know how the midwife worked it out as 2nd Jan tbh cos on all the calculators I use based on me being 8 weeks today it's still giving me an EDD of 31st December! So lets wait and see what the dating scan says. I have finally taken the plunge and got a ticker. I hope I've not just jinxed myself.

Great scan!! Glad everything is ok. I'm suppose to be going to my first appointment tomorrow but it is at 8 something in the morning which just isn't going to happen. :nope: So I have to call today to see if I can get something much later in the afternoon. They may have to move my appt. to a later date. My doctor always seems to be super busy.

DD woke up this morning congested with a cough. :dohh: I hope that whatever it is, I don't get it. I don't think I could take some kind of cold on top of MS. Here is to hoping for an easier week!

Hi, I'm due January 31! Can you add me please?? :D Woohoo January babies! xx

Great scan!! Glad everything is ok. I'm suppose to be going to my first appointment tomorrow but it is at 8 something in the morning which just isn't going to happen. :nope: So I have to call today to see if I can get something much later in the afternoon. They may have to move my appt. to a later date. My doctor always seems to be super busy.

DD woke up this morning congested with a cough. :dohh: I hope that whatever it is, I don't get it. I don't think I could take some kind of cold on top of MS. Here is to hoping for an easier week!
DH has been sick for a couple weeks with something - they now suspect whooping cough but I never got it - apparently ur system should be on overdrive to prevent you from getting sick, however it's not a guarantee. Try to wash ur hands and stay away until the sickness has passed. Good luck!

That's a great scan, Betheney!

So excited that I'm 6 weeks today :)

Hey ladies :-D I got my BFP on May 16th! Not sure yet when I'm due my LMP was April 11th but I had a nearly positive OPK on May 6th so I'm thinking I Ovulated on the 5th of may probably (way late but I do that at times) so according to the ovulation date of the 5th I should be due Jan 27th. I've got to go to the doc May 24th just for a prego test there and then schedule my scan appt. Good luck everyone! Feeling very bloated, constipated, and queasy here....but no sore boobies this time.....strange....

Hey ladies :-D I got my BFP on May 16th! Not sure yet when I'm due my LMP was April 11th but I had a nearly positive OPK on May 6th so I'm thinking I Ovulated on the 5th of may probably (way late but I do that at times) so according to the ovulation date of the 5th I should be due Jan 27th. I've got to go to the doc May 24th just for a prego test there and then schedule my scan appt. Good luck everyone! Feeling very bloated, constipated, and queasy here....but no sore boobies this time.....strange....
They will date you from your LMP until the scan, but definitely let them know of your positive OPK and the date. The boobs will probably start soon for you, have u had nipple pains or sensitivity?

I'll have a random pain here and there in my breast but that's it. But with DS#2 I don't think my bbs pain started until about 2 weeks after my bfp. Not saying I'll miss it if I happen to not get it this time!

Tried calling the doctor to change my appointment time. The receptionist told me that the first appointment you come to has to be first thing in the morning. They don't do any other time. :dohh: Now who exactly makes a rule like that? The majority of women have MS and first thing in the morning it is bad. My appointment is at 8:20. I don't even get a scan ... it's just the blood work and pee in a cup to make sure I really am pregnant. The receptionist told me well if you are sick then maybe she can give you something. :growlmad: She said after the first appointment you can make it anytime you want. So frustrated.

Tried calling the doctor to change my appointment time. The receptionist told me that the first appointment you come to has to be first thing in the morning. They don't do any other time. :dohh: Now who exactly makes a rule like that? The majority of women have MS and first thing in the morning it is bad. My appointment is at 8:20. I don't even get a scan ... it's just the blood work and pee in a cup to make sure I really am pregnant. The receptionist told me well if you are sick then maybe she can give you something. :growlmad: She said after the first appointment you can make it anytime you want. So frustrated.
I don't think this is true, both my first doc appointment and U/S are afternoon appts.... Very strange! I also had blood/ urine taken afternoon as well....

I guess that is just the way my doctor's office does it. I think it is just stupid. I wasn't too fond of this office last go around so I may be switching. I have recently found a new OB office. They have a high reputation. Perhaps it is time for a switch.

They will date you from your LMP until the scan, but definitely let them know of your positive OPK and the date. The boobs will probably start soon for you, have u had nipple pains or sensitivity?

I just lied and said LMP was exactly two weeks before I ovulated. I regretted not lying last time and having my dates seriously messed up (3 weeks out) for a lot of the pregnancy. They didn't change the date very offically looking on my form and I ended up having to do an extra GTT which turned out to be too early to be applicable. I was sooooo peed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->