January Jellybeans 2013!...

I have had a smear recently and the nurse said to me if there is a chance you could be pregnant or I see a blue cervix (apparently it turns blue when pregnant due to blood flow) I'll be straight out as there is a small chance of it causing a miscarriage.

When I was in hospital last month re: suspected ectopic they did an internal and wanted to do a smear and I refused. Later the consultant said she shouldn't have even considered doing it do to the risk, however small.

I have had a really odd tummy ache tonight, not really cramping, more like knotting? Also does / has anyone else experience pains in the vagina? The only way I can describe mine is that they feel like they're in the vagibal wall and sort of come and go ?

I wish I was getting a scan at my appointment tomorrow. I have friends telling me I need to switch doctors. lol! As far as I know, they are just doing the blood test, pee test, and (ugh) papsmear. Nothing exciting. Still don't see why I have to be there first thing in the morning. Dumb people.

Brandi - when I was pregnant with my girls I opted out of the pap. I'd had one within year so didn't need it. Personally I don't recommend them when pregnant. I feel irritating the cervix like that is a bad idea in pregnancy. I have a feeling dh and I had a loss a few years back after a routine pap. My cycles were crazy long and my doctor didn't do a pregnancy test. Less than 48 hours later I started experiencing intense cramps. Didn't even stop to consider we may have been pregnant until a year later when we strted trying ..looking back the symptoms point to early pregnancy.
I know lots of women have a pap their first trimester and are fine.. Sorry not trying to freak you out!!

No that's ok. I would opt out except I haven't had one since 6 weeks after my DD was born and that has been almost 4 years ago. I am having some brown spotting. Not very much but I will be sure to mention it first thing so they know ahead of time.

I haven't even been to the doctors yet lol :( Maybe i should organise that lol

Just wanting to ask all you ladies out there what are your thoughts about this....I started cramping. It's pretty uncomfortable. It feels like AF cramping ... I haven't had anymore brown spotting. Same as was earlier. Is this normal????

I too have been cramping like AF cramping hun... i am pretty sure it is normal cause i do remember these pains with my son :) fingers crossed it is just everything settling in for the next 9 months!!! :)

I think the cramping is normal, uterus stretching and all that.

I've been having odd tummy aches today, not really cramping but different from what I have been having. No bleeding or spotting, although I keep checking.
I think as long as no bleeding then assume it's assume it's stretching / round ligament pain?

Just wanting to ask all you ladies out there what are your thoughts about this....I started cramping. It's pretty uncomfortable. It feels like AF cramping ... I haven't had anymore brown spotting. Same as was earlier. Is this normal????

I had awful cramping on sun morn to the point I thought I was going to faint because the pain was so bad. Everyone keeps telling me if there's no blood it's sure to be ok. I'm getting a reassurance scan next week though just to put my mind at rest.
I'm sure your cramps are nothing to worry about

Tried calling the doctor to change my appointment time. The receptionist told me that the first appointment you come to has to be first thing in the morning. They don't do any other time. :dohh: Now who exactly makes a rule like that? The majority of women have MS and first thing in the morning it is bad. My appointment is at 8:20. I don't even get a scan ... it's just the blood work and pee in a cup to make sure I really am pregnant. The receptionist told me well if you are sick then maybe she can give you something. :growlmad: She said after the first appointment you can make it anytime you want. So frustrated.

My first doctors appt said even though you get appt it goes on the length you've been waiting there not the appt time. I explained i can only get 30 mins off work and it's not possible to be there for 2-3 hours waiting because my work are unaware i'm pregnant being it's only 4 weeks and also the docs are closed on the weekend. So they were like "well sorry". So i told them i can't attend the appt and then they rung me all pissy that i didn't turn up to my appt. fuckers.

why wont your hubby go?:shrug: sorry if thats nosey lol

My hubby didn't come to my dating scan either, he said that we don't need a dating scan we know our dates and it's only a blob anyway it's too much to get the time off work. I didn't really mind and TBH i was in and out within 5-10 minutes i think it would of been a waste for him to take over an hour off work and drive all that way.

My little one will hopefully be joining the world in january as well, have my first appt june 5 to make sure everything is ok:thumbup:

When's your Due Date? i can't add you without a due date...

I wish I was getting a scan at my appointment tomorrow. I have friends telling me I need to switch doctors. lol! As far as I know, they are just doing the blood test, pee test, and (ugh) papsmear. Nothing exciting. Still don't see why I have to be there first thing in the morning. Dumb people.

Brandi - when I was pregnant with my girls I opted out of the pap. I'd had one within year so didn't need it. Personally I don't recommend them when pregnant. I feel irritating the cervix like that is a bad idea in pregnancy. I have a feeling dh and I had a loss a few years back after a routine pap. My cycles were crazy long and my doctor didn't do a pregnancy test. Less than 48 hours later I started experiencing intense cramps. Didn't even stop to consider we may have been pregnant until a year later when we strted trying ..looking back the symptoms point to early pregnancy.
I know lots of women have a pap their first trimester and are fine.. Sorry not trying to freak you out!!

Both doctors for both pregnancies said there's nothing wrong with having a pap up until 10 weeks. I've had a pap prior to 10 weeks with both pregnancies.

<3

I won't have a pap while pg again either. I had one when I was pg with Tess and I cramped and bled afterwards and was just miserable. I'm scheduled for my routine one in October, but won't get it, since I'll be 6 months.

Thanks ladies!!! Stretching is probably very likely! I think just with that all of a sudden and the brown spotting, it made me slightly nervous. Thank goodness for the awesome support of you guys! :hugs:

I had one 6 mos ago and my dr wants me to have one in 2 weeks.... should i refuse??

I swear Im starting to have cravings already?? cant remember when it started with my other two?? Im usually a tea drinker but now it leaves a film in my mouth :( but I have a really strong urge for some iced coffee?? so Ive sent the hubby to McDonalds to get me a chocolate milkshake and Im gonna mix in some coffee lol its the best I can do at 11:20pm.

The cyclizine seemed to work for a few days but ive been being sick today so isnt working as well as it did with ds.

Im also extremely jealous of all you ladies that are getting scans this early!! My 1st scan isnt until the 25th June and Ill be around 12 weeks then :cry:

I had one 6 mos ago and my dr wants me to have one in 2 weeks.... should i refuse??

If my doctor requests one I will say no. I had one in October, and again after my loss in January. My husband and I are monogamous so I see no need for another pap.

oh i wouldn't get a PS while pregnant.. i know they say it is ok but i personally wouldn't risk it...

That is ridiculous. If you had one 6 months ago, there shouldn't be a reason to have another one. I think they over do it sometimes because there are those who bounce from one partner to the next without ever catching a name and they want to make sure you don't have anything. That is a personal choice whether you want another one but I wouldn't get one with just having had one.

I agree, for me it's not worth the risk. With my twin pregnancy I said no and they didn't push it. I did some reading once we started trying and I thought back to what I think was an early loss after a pap and I read posts from a lot of women that had serious cramping and at times a loss shortly after their pap.
It's your body and your decision. Just make sure you're an informed patient and walk in knowing how you want things to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->