January Jellybeans 2013!...

If it gets worse go to a and e. At least they will check your hcg levels, even if they don't scan. Have you contacted epu?

no I rang my GP the receptionist said he contacted them, that's were my appointment is on Monday .. x

I'm at EPU Monday too.

If it gets any worse, just go to A & E, that's what I did last time, they were lovely and I got the HCG results within an hour.
I Will do thank you.. I hope all is well with you and your appointment is just a check up xx

Stuckinoki sorry to hear that xx :hugs:

I'm having what they thoughtfully call a viability scan. Basically after 2 mcs they are checking that I have a live baby.

Can't believe there are 3 of us in here from lincs, what a small world!
Aw.. well fingers crossed you get some fab news, which Im sure you will ..xx

I hadn't taken any notice of the areas, which part of Lincolnshire are you from ?

I'm from Boston, how about you?
Im from Grimsby/Cleethorpes

garfie: :wave: not to far from you x

sorry to hear about all the ladies having bad times. My heart goes out to you all. :hugs:

hi to all the new BFPs!!! cant believe how many babies in january now!

If it gets worse go to a and e. At least they will check your hcg levels, even if they don't scan. Have you contacted epu?

no I rang my GP the receptionist said he contacted them, that's were my appointment is on Monday .. x

I'm at EPU Monday too.

If it gets any worse, just go to A & E, that's what I did last time, they were lovely and I got the HCG results within an hour.
I Will do thank you.. I hope all is well with you and your appointment is just a check up xx

Stuckinoki sorry to hear that xx :hugs:

I'm having what they thoughtfully call a viability scan. Basically after 2 mcs they are checking that I have a live baby.

Can't believe there are 3 of us in here from lincs, what a small world!
Aw.. well fingers crossed you get some fab news, which Im sure you will ..xx

I hadn't taken any notice of the areas, which part of Lincolnshire are you from ?

I'm from Boston, how about you?
Im from Grimsby/Cleethorpes

garfie: :wave: not to far from you x

Lol you two could end up on the same labour ward!

For now I have good news. My hcg shot up to 12,019 from 7200 in 48 hrs. They said this was great. As last time in 48 hrs it only went from 6212 to 7200.

Saw a sac at scan today that measured 5w6d so 2 days behind with yolk and fetal pole but no heartbeat. Originally before my blood results came back the dr wasn't too hopeful and thought next week may confirm blighted ovum. But when they called with the results they said the dr was really happy with the numbers and the nurse herself was shocked at the increase compared to the last set.

So I am still here for now!! Go back for a scan next Friday again. Everything crossed.

In the meantime all of the negative signs have disappeared no spotting bad aching at all :)

Soniamillie, you had a scan as well this morning right, I haven't read all the way back yet? Everything went good?

Thx so much mellywelly. I hope so!!

Yes, everything was great thanks. Nice strong heartbeat flicking on the screen, she couldn't tell me the rate as machine didn't do that as different department (?). She said I was measuring 7 not 8 weeks which would concur with their findings two weeks ago when would have been 5 not 6 weeks. She then generated report from computer and had me bang on 8+0 which is what I work me out to be. Have posted a pic.

Have been discharged from EPU and to just continue with normal appointments and scans.
She did say that a heart beat at this point puts you at 80-90% more chance to sustain, but obviously still some risk.

Very pleased and so pleased to hear your news x

That's amazing. I bet such a relief to see that little heartbeat!! So glad that you got your perfect news. It's also hopeful for me as I recall having very similar spiriting/bleeding as you with same causes.

Have everything crossed for you. At my 6 week scan I had just the sac, yolk and fetal pole, thing that's normal for that gestation x

oh stucki!!! ive been follwing your threads.......dear lord i am so sorry!

Great news MamaofOne! :happydance:

I'll be just as far along as you are now for my first scan next Wed. I've been wondering about rescheduling so there's a better chance of finding a heartbeat. But it will be so hard to wait another week if I do, sigh... :shrug:

Hi Ladies
So had my scan this morning and all is well.
I am measuring at exactly 8+0 which is the same as my lmp.

Babies heart rate is strong, very fast on screen but she couldn't give me a reading as the machine wasn't equipped to do that. The nurse has discharged me from EPU and I am to continue with normal scans.

Have uploaded a pic, I have turned it as was lying upside down apparently!

So glad all went well for you!!!
xx

Stuckinoki- I am so sorry hun. :hugs: :cry:

MamaOfOne- glad to hear your great news!!

Hope all is well with the rest of y'all!!!!!

Yes, everything was great thanks. Nice strong heartbeat flicking on the screen, she couldn't tell me the rate as machine didn't do that as different department (?). She said I was measuring 7 not 8 weeks which would concur with their findings two weeks ago when would have been 5 not 6 weeks. She then generated report from computer and had me bang on 8+0 which is what I work me out to be. Have posted a pic.

Have been discharged from EPU and to just continue with normal appointments and scans.
She did say that a heart beat at this point puts you at 80-90% more chance to sustain, but obviously still some risk.

Very pleased and so pleased to hear your news x

thats great news

We all got a long way to go but I am so excited. I cant wait to start buying baby stuff. ;)

Im curious to know if anyone can educate me a little bit on hcg levels.
where should i be at this point in pregnancy. I havnt not had a scan but going in next week for one.. where should i expect them to be at?
and ht does it mean if they are low or high?

Im curious to know if anyone can educate me a little bit on hcg levels.
where should i be at this point in pregnancy. I havnt not had a scan but going in next week for one.. where should i expect them to be at?
and ht does it mean if they are low or high?

you're not going to get a HCG reading at an ultrasound/scan you only get them from blood tests.

Here's a good website that explains it
https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

but low or high doesn't mean anything. In fact one reading also means nothing at all, you need two readings a few days apart to read anything into the viability of the pregnancy. I had monstrous HCG levels and my dates were spot on even confirmed by a scan and it meant absolutely nothing. Low HCG levels also mean absolutely nothing. The range is huge!! the only thing that does mean something is if they are not doubling at the correct rate, early on they should double every 48 hours. That link above gives you all the doubling rates you should be experiencing.

Found out in a fluke at the walkin clinic today (allergic reaction) that I'm getting a dating scan at 10 weeks! June 11th at 8 am!!! Whoo hoo! Didn't think I was gonna get one till after 12 weeks. It was awesome it was my dr working the clinic today.

On a side note this teenage girl decided to hop the line four people and NO ONE said anything (except me of course) and the receptionist made her go to the back of the line (6 people back from her spot) it was awesome and I got a round of applause for saying something. The NERVE of some people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->