January Jellybeans 2013!...

Found out in a fluke at the walkin clinic today (allergic reaction) that I'm getting a dating scan at 10 weeks! June 11th at 8 am!!! Whoo hoo! Didn't think I was gonna get one till after 12 weeks. It was awesome it was my dr working the clinic today.

On a side note this teenage girl decided to hop the line four people and NO ONE said anything (except me of course) and the receptionist made her go to the back of the line (6 people back from her spot) it was awesome and I got a round of applause for saying something. The NERVE of some people!

NICE WORK!
how exciting about the scan!

Hopefully we don't regret it :dohh:, but we have officially told people we r pregnant now. :happydance:

Hopefully we don't regret it :dohh:, but we have officially told people we r pregnant now. :happydance:

That's exciting!!! i kinda like my little secret. I don't think i'm going to announce it at all. Just let people figure it out on their own when my giant preg belly starts showing up on facebook.

Mornin everyone hope your all well today

i had to tell a couple of people at work as i have quite a physical job which requires a lot of heavy lifting,but not telling anyone else till i know things are ok

i just asked people to lift them for me without an explanation, i could tell that they knew but they still politely just lifted the items for me until 12 weeks when i announced it.

We have told some people. My work know because of my little hospital stay, well my office know. Haven't told our other offices who I work closely with or our board members. Our CEO knows and seems to already be panicking about me going on mat leave and keeps saying you will be back won't you?

Very exciting! I can never wait to tell. I just want to stand on a mountain and scream it to the world. However, I'm waiting... Probably not to twelve weeks. But, until I atleast see a heartbeat, maybe longer. Right now no one knows but DH and I, and DD.

I cant wait to tell ds, hopefully can do it Monday! We will prob tell the in-laws and my brother, as we are going to see him the week after and I only see him a couple of times a year. Work know, but everyone else has to wait til 12 weeks, that's if ds can keep it secret....

We've told all the families now and they've all been thrilled :) told our closest friends and so far all have been shocked but pleased for us :)

Got called on I by a girl in work yesterday due to my increased toilet trips and constant eating, lol. But she was pleased and promised to keep stum until 12 weeks :)

i don't want the attention that comes with announcing a pregnancy this time around.

I know there's alot of women on my facebook that have been trying to get pregnant since i was pregnant with Eva, i couldn't stand making a status and having them feel like total shit.

All my relatives and family live interstate and we're going to visit them when i'm about 13-14weeks so i'll tell my brothers and sisters and parents then. I'll leave my parents to tell everyone else, i just don't want to.

I told my parents when we were 7 weeks last time because that's the only time i could get interstate and 13weeks is the only time we can get in this time so 13 weeks it is.

I could never tell non-family non-close friends before 12 weeks. To have a miscarriage and then have to inform them about it would be just awful. That would be something that i would only want myself, my family and my girlfriends to know. A public miscarriage sounds like my worst nightmare.

I've told my close girlfriends as we're all very very close and they knew how much i wanted a baby but that's it. I don't even want to tell my uni friends i find saying the words "i'm pregnant" really awkward. I'll just grow a giant belly and let them figure it out themselves :) i've already been so sick at uni i'm sure they've figured it out already.

<3 <3 <3 <3

I got my bfp on 17th may, I'm due on 25th Jan 2013 with my fourth baby x

Can't believe I'm in my 8th week :wacko:, this is going so quick and really doesn't seem like I'm pregnant.

We won't be telling FB till 20 weeks, when I will put up a scan pic and not say much! None of my friends are TTC and if they aren't then they are mostly older and have kids, don't think it'll upset anyone. A lot of my extended family that live a long way away would love to see my scan pic.

Most of my Mummy friends and close friends know, but no family yet which is weird!

We announced to family, friends, and Facebook at 3weeks4days. And by we, I mean dh. :dohh: it was the same with dd, he just spills it. I would've preferred waiting a little while before telling friends/Facebook. Heck we live 1800 miles from everyone we could have just shown up with a belly, better yet a baby!! :haha: now the fight over me wanting to stay team yellow. He wants to find out, I don't. He says just let me find out and u won't have to know. I'm like seriously u expect me to believe you can keep ur mouth shut!!??!! :rofl: I don't know. I mean I am the one going through carrying the baby and delivery.. I think I should be able to decide something!! Oh well, maybe baby won't cooperate. :haha:

Anybody with plans this weekend? :flower:

I haven't told my family yet. I don't want them disappointed if something goes wrong. We all live within fifteen minutes of each other and see each other often but I've been so tired I haven't really made plans with anyone lately. However we are having a barbeque this weekend and I'm going to have to cover up these boobs and my little bump! :haha:

I work as a nurse in a labor and delivery unit and a few of my close colleagues know. It's going to be hard to keep it quiet there for a few more weeks with my sleepiness (12 hour night shifts are the worst!) nausea and constant urination. Congrats to all those who have spread the good news. I can't wait to do the same!

hey snowangel, i know what you mean but its reversed, i want to know the gender but my fiance doesnt....he said itll be a good suprise, i wanna know so i know what to buy!!
i didnt want to tell the family till i was at least 12weeks(bc of a m/c last yr) but he blabbed his mouth! good luck!!
We announced to family, friends, and Facebook at 3weeks4days. And by we, I mean dh. :dohh: it was the same with dd, he just spills it. I would've preferred waiting a little while before telling friends/Facebook. Heck we live 1800 miles from everyone we could have just shown up with a belly, better yet a baby!! :haha: now the fight over me wanting to stay team yellow. He wants to find out, I don't. He says just let me find out and u won't have to know. I'm like seriously u expect me to believe you can keep ur mouth shut!!??!! :rofl: I don't know. I mean I am the one going through carrying the baby and delivery.. I think I should be able to decide something!! Oh well, maybe baby won't cooperate. :haha:

Im waiting till im 12-13 weeks also, just to be safe!! i had a m/c last year and this yr i just am not telling everyone ...but y should you have to feel bad about announcing your blessing bc other ppl will feel like shit?? if there truly your friends theylll still congratulate you!!! :flower:
i don't want the attention that comes with announcing a pregnancy this time around.

I know there's alot of women on my facebook that have been trying to get pregnant since i was pregnant with Eva, i couldn't stand making a status and having them feel like total shit.

All my relatives and family live interstate and we're going to visit them when i'm about 13-14weeks so i'll tell my brothers and sisters and parents then. I'll leave my parents to tell everyone else, i just don't want to.

I told my parents when we were 7 weeks last time because that's the only time i could get interstate and 13weeks is the only time we can get in this time so 13 weeks it is.

I could never tell non-family non-close friends before 12 weeks. To have a miscarriage and then have to inform them about it would be just awful. That would be something that i would only want myself, my family and my girlfriends to know. A public miscarriage sounds like my worst nightmare.

I've told my close girlfriends as we're all very very close and they knew how much i wanted a baby but that's it. I don't even want to tell my uni friends i find saying the words "i'm pregnant" really awkward. I'll just grow a giant belly and let them figure it out themselves :) i've already been so sick at uni i'm sure they've figured it out already.

<3 <3 <3 <3

hey snowangel, i know what you mean but its reversed, i want to know the gender but my fiance doesnt....he said itll be a good suprise, i wanna know so i know what to buy!!
i didnt want to tell the family till i was at least 12weeks(bc of a m/c last yr) but he blabbed his mouth! good luck!!

I have seen mothers who have found out and not told the fathers. I think its easier that way, just keep all the things you buy under wraps. Decorate the nursery neutral then keep whatever u buy in there. He stays out. Could u keep it a secret so he could be surprised?

I've this weather in the uk continues I might just melt!
I normally love it and spend every minute in it but currently lying on the floor, a best one and the fan on. Anyone else struggling?

If I had lots of friends who were struggling to ttc I wouldn't do the big announcement, because for the last year I have been the one reading the announcements and feeling like shit, especially after my two losses last year. Some friends were more sensitive than others (since my first mc every single one of my 6 friends from post natal group and two girls at work have become pregnant) and the ones who were more sensitive certainly made it easier for me.
All the girls at work know as I am a beauty therapist so have to avoid doing certain treatments and using essential oils etc, most of our close friends know and my parents. I'm looking forward to telling my sisters. After I got to 9 weeks last time I got a bit confident and told my sisters and my uncle and aunt and then miscarried a week later. So I think I'd like to wait a bit longer this time.
I may announce on Facebook after 12 weeks or I may wait until 20, but it will be an announcement that refers to the fact that a successful pregnancy has been 2 losses and a long time in the making. That's assuming this one goes the distance. My crucial week is coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->