January Jellybeans 2013!...

Got my scan tomorrow, I don't think I was this nervous the day before my wedding!

I was chatting with DS yesterday and asked him if he would help us choose a name if we had a brother or sister for him. He thought about it for a while and then announced we would be calling a boy Ben (he thinks will automatically make the baby Ben10) and a girl will be called Pinky! Hmmm, not sure where that came from? think we might have to re-think letting him help!

is Pinky and the brain still a TV show :wacko:

When i was pregnant with Eva i asked my 3 year old sister what i should name the baby and exclaimed BAMBI!!! so Eva was bambi right up until she was born. Then unfortunately she had to have a real name. lol

If anyone wanted to gather all the scan dates and put them in a list for me i'd put them on post 1, but with 185 pages i doubt anyone could be bothered.

My scan is June 1st at 10:40 mst............im so nervous....

Has anyone else suddenly become really clumsy? I can't walk past something without hitting myself on it!!

Me too! My goodness I have been doing the most embarrassing things. I Keep bumping my head everywhere. At DS's preschool it was 2 days in a row. I completely missed the door entry way and bumped my head on the side of the frame. I tried to play it cool but the teacher called me out on it and was like OUCH really loudly :haha: I did the same on the door of a coworkers office on Friday!

With my first I was super clumsy and knocked over some sort of small display and my aunt joked "you must be pregnant" took a test the next day and sure enough I was! :blush:

Mamaspath: I also have a scan June 1st at 9 am. I am SO nervous as well as previous scan showed 2 things within the gestational sac but no heartbeat. Will be thinking of you!

after giving birth to Eva i tripped a stumbled about a hundred times in the first few days after giving birth, i was so used to a giant belly my centre of gravity was completely off. lol

so sorry for all that are having a hard time right now :hugs:

Congrats to all the great scans!!! SO excited for mine june 13th!

My my follow up results back from progesterone. My initial results were an 8, now they are a 12 after being on the 200mg promtetirum orally 1x a day! I asked the Dr. if it was ok to take 2x a day now just as a saftey blanket bc im still in the lower part of the bracket (ranges usually 8-47 in the first tri) she said she thought my levels were good now but if it makes me feel better i can take 2x a day. So i am!

Today hubby has a baseball game and its suppost to be 93 degrees out! and humid of course.... in the midwest its always humid, ICK! i better stay hydrated or else ill get sick!

iv been getting twinges on my left and right sides here and there then they go away.

im starting to get a slight lower back ache but i hope its nothing to worry about...

I went and saw the move with hubby last night "what to expect when your expecting" it was cute.... but it had a part of one of the ladies having a MC and it def. hit home with me and i started tearing up/crying a bit. Its just so sad that anyone has to go thru that

i hope we all dont go thru that so we can see our little ones in our arms!

My my follow up results back from progesterone. My initial results were an 8, now they are a 12 after being on the 200mg promtetirum orally 1x a day! I asked the Dr. if it was ok to take 2x a day now just as a saftey blanket bc im still in the lower part of the bracket (ranges usually 8-47 in the first tri) she said she thought my levels were good now but if it makes me feel better i can take 2x a day. So i am!

Today hubby has a baseball game and its suppost to be 93 degrees out! and humid of course.... in the midwest its always humid, ICK! i better stay hydrated or else ill get sick!

I am heading in a few weeks to visit a gf in Kansas so right in the Midwest. I'm not looking forward to the humidity. I much prefer dry heat.

I have a question for you regarding progesterone. I am completely oblivious to the levels and what they mean. A dr at the walk in clinic checked mine at 20 dpo and it came back at 80. He never said anything about it. But now that I see you say 8-47 is the range now I'm wondering again. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question as I know you are worried about yours being low. But do you know if there is any reason to be concerned over a high number ?

I am heading in a few weeks to visit a gf in Kansas so right in the Midwest. I'm not looking forward to the humidity. I much prefer dry heat.

I have a question for you regarding progesterone. I am completely oblivious to the levels and what they mean. A dr at the walk in clinic checked mine at 20 dpo and it came back at 80. He never said anything about it. But now that I see you say 8-47 is the range now I'm wondering again. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question as I know you are worried about yours being low. But do you know if there is any reason to be concerned over a high number ?

In the US i think the number system is different from that of other places. I know some ladies in the UK had said usually US results are half of what other places usually make as results. Im not sure if the unites of measurment is differnt which causes this.... but if thats the case, if yours is 80 then id assume yours would be about 40 here in the US. THis is just what i was learning from reading other ladies posts. I dont think having high progesterone affects much as it does if its too low

But if ur curiuos call your Dr. and ask what their average rangers are in canada. Plus if the Dr. didnt say anything then im sure your levels are just perfect :thumbup:

i dont think you can have TOO much progesterone... i mean.... i dont think ppl make too much naturally on their own.

I dont think you can over dose on progesterone haha so thats y my Dr. said it was ok for me to take more to make myself feel at ease. But mine will only rise a little bit anwyays which wont get my levels above the "normal" anyways

Ladies I need opinions please. I called the on call dr bc I was having some pain on my right side a little cramping. He said he looked at my last sonogram and everything looked great and my right ovary was clear, but there was a cyst on my left ovary. I didnt say anything because I was glad that he was not concerned with the cramps, but my regular never said anything about a cyst. Should I be concerned?

Thanks LittleJ, that would completely make sense if Canada's measurement system was different. Then my numbers would seem right within range. :)

Lauren: I also experience moderate ovary area pain/twinges. Mostly on the right but occasionally on the left. I have had scans and no issue there.
The cyst he mentioned is most likely the cyst that forms after the egg is released, it sticks around a while to help sustain the pregnancy and will eventually disintegrate.
I have experience the ovary pain, cramps and even spotting which has since vanished. As long as your not in excruciating pain and don't have lots of bleeding I thinn you will be just fine! :hugs: will you have another scan soon to help put your mind at ease a little?

I think sometimes the cyst doesn't disintegrate, it stays around but I don't think that's much of an issue either. If your doctor isn't concerned about it I don't think you should be either.

I have a proposed due date of jan 9th but that might change as soon as i get us conformation.

is Pinky and the brain still a TV show :wacko:

When i was pregnant with Eva i asked my 3 year old sister what i should name the baby and exclaimed BAMBI!!! so Eva was bambi right up until she was born. Then unfortunately she had to have a real name. lol

Never heard of pinky and the brain? I think it's what Robbie rotten called Stephanie on lazy town, but he's not watched that for about a year.

We called ds bambi until we decided on Lucas.

At least you ladies experiencing summer now will have some cooler temperatures when you're heavily pregnant :) I'm in New Zealand and it's getting chilly now but those of us in this part of the world will be heavily pregnant in the heat of summer. I was overdue with my son in Australia some years back in summer and I remember crying with frustration when my EDD passed lol. The day I was induced it was around 42 degrees celcius, about 107 farenheit. My visitors were coming in dripping with sweat and didn't want to leave the air conditioned hospital. I swore I would never time it to have a baby at that time of year again. Whoops.

I've really struggled this weekend. I normally love the heat and sunshine but have not coped well at all. Very tired, light headed and dizzy. We've had hubby's parents here and I feel so bad as we went out last night with my parents and I sat there unable to eat. And then today I've spent most of the day in bed. I'm now on the sofa, fan on full and an icelolly in my hand!

Quick q - do any of you ladies now if electric cigarettes are safe around pregnant women? A friend of mine asked, who popped in earlier. She wouldn't around me anyway but I was wondering. The pack says no passive smoking ?

hey guys!
just a wee message to say congratulations to everyone and hope you all have a H&H 9months. i think my due date is the 10th January will be able to know more hopefully tomoro after my scan :happydance:

:hug:

my close friend had a heart beat at 8 weeks and had her 12week scan yesterday... the baby had died... I haven't wanted to post about it because i feel it's not my place... But it's been a very emotional day.

She has one healthy 18 month old and no history of MC

Oh massive hugs to you and your friend that is what happened to me last time with my missed miscarraige saw heartbeat at 7 weeks then symptoms stopped but no bleeding or anything then went for my routine 12 week scan and Baby had died x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->