January Jellybeans 2013!...

Melly - Good luck for your scan tomorrow :flower: how exciting I can't wait for mine not got a clue when it will be though :cry:

Asked my hubby about Pinky and the Brain and he started to sing the theme tune - I'd never heard of it, used to watch Lazy Town though :haha: there's a good you tube video about Pinky and the Brain.:winkwink:

Good luck to all the other ladies with scans coming up.:flower:

Hope you are all surviving the heat (we are not used to it in the UK :haha:)

:hugs:

X

Thanks garfie.

This weather is freaky, how can we have 3 weeks of terential rain and then be scorching? Im not complaining though, at least I can wear my maternity shorts as none of my jeans fit anymore. I think I might grow to the size of a baby elephant!

At least you ladies experiencing summer now will have some cooler temperatures when you're heavily pregnant :) I'm in New Zealand and it's getting chilly now but those of us in this part of the world will be heavily pregnant in the heat of summer. I was overdue with my son in Australia some years back in summer and I remember crying with frustration when my EDD passed lol. The day I was induced it was around 42 degrees celcius, about 107 farenheit. My visitors were coming in dripping with sweat and didn't want to leave the air conditioned hospital. I swore I would never time it to have a baby at that time of year again. Whoops.

i'm hoping it's not going to be that hot in early January, from memory the heat waves and horrid heat are more late January to February. Fingers crossed because i hate all heat and hot weather, i can't cope with anything above like 28 and we it goes into the 40's i'll be cracking the shits!!

Yay, Melly for scan! :) Can't wait to hear how well baby is growing! :)

Betheney: It's getting to be the hot time here! Summer starts June 21 or so. What is Austrailia day celebrating, hun?

AFM: 136 pregnant ladies due in January! :) Where's my EDD buddy though?

Ugh - I hate breastfeeding in summer more than anything... a hot body pressed up against mine.

This morning I've been invited to morning tea as a bribe from another department. They have chocolate slice and cheesecake for me. It's supposed to start now, but I've had my head in the loo this morning... how horrendous! Should I just be rude and not go, or go and potentially make myself feel even worse?

At least you ladies experiencing summer now will have some cooler temperatures when you're heavily pregnant :) I'm in New Zealand and it's getting chilly now but those of us in this part of the world will be heavily pregnant in the heat of summer. I was overdue with my son in Australia some years back in summer and I remember crying with frustration when my EDD passed lol. The day I was induced it was around 42 degrees celcius, about 107 farenheit. My visitors were coming in dripping with sweat and didn't want to leave the air conditioned hospital. I swore I would never time it to have a baby at that time of year again. Whoops.

i'm hoping it's not going to be that hot in early January, from memory the heat waves and horrid heat are more late January to February. Fingers crossed because i hate all heat and hot weather, i can't cope with anything above like 28 and we it goes into the 40's i'll be cracking the shits!!

LOL yeah that's exactly what I was doing. It was early Feb he was born. I cried in my ob's office... please don't let me go on any longer I can't take it... until he agreed to induce.

LOL yeah that's exactly what I was doing. It was early Feb he was born. I cried in my ob's office... please don't let me go on any longer I can't take it... until he agreed to induce.

I feel for you girls but being a summer lover I would totally prefer your weather in January. I'm in Canada and it usually gets to -40 celcius here with the windchill which makes going outside horrid especially with a newborn to bundle up and have the car running for 20 minutes warming up before even getting in. I think I'm going to be a homebody and me and baby will curl up by the fire for the first few months.

Is Air conditioning in homes standard over there? I know some provinces here have a lot of homes that don't have it. I couldn't handle not having the chance to escape the heat of our summers.

I had one scheduled for june 7. But im sure my reg dr will call on tues after he sees i called rhe oncall dr. The cramps are way better now the cyst thing just caught me offguard
Thanks LittleJ, that would completely make sense if Canada's measurement system was different. Then my numbers would seem right within range. :)

Lauren: I also experience moderate ovary area pain/twinges. Mostly on the right but occasionally on the left. I have had scans and no issue there.
The cyst he mentioned is most likely the cyst that forms after the egg is released, it sticks around a while to help sustain the pregnancy and will eventually disintegrate.
I have experience the ovary pain, cramps and even spotting which has since vanished. As long as your not in excruciating pain and don't have lots of bleeding I thinn you will be just fine! :hugs: will you have another scan soon to help put your mind at ease a little?

yeah air conditioning is pretty common but when the heat hits 40 and above our aircon doesn't really do much.

In Melbourne i found wall gas furnaces really common for the cold weather which i found quite shocking as when i lived in NSW i never saw a wall furnace once, didn't even know what they were until i moved to VIC. lol.

Wow, I had a lot of posts to catch up on. My husband flew out yesterday and it'll be 120 days plus before he's home. It's been a rough 24 hours! My girls have handled things better than expected so far. The roughest moment was last night after listening to the book he recorded for them three times it was time for bed. My little daddy's girl was not wanting to stop listening to the book over and over. It was heart breaking. They keep repeating 'daddy's on the airplane....daddy is at work". Sucks!
Aside from all that, things seem to be going well. My nausea hasn't been too bad these last two days. I have a prescription for zofran but haven't taken the comlpete dose since Thursday. I'm guessing my emotions and stress are overtaking the ability for my body to also be completely nauseous...possible? I don't have myfirst prenatal appt for another week, hoping all is well with our little bean. We had the ultrasound last Tuesday and my dh was able to see the heartbeat!
Ok...enough for now. Hope you all are well. Sorry for the random ramble tonight..

that must be really rough Allie, i can't even imagine. Me and hubby are a bit of a mess when we're apart for a couple to a few days. Stay strong lovely you have your two girls who should keep you busy and amused while he's gone.

Wow, I had a lot of posts to catch up on. My husband flew out yesterday and it'll be 120 days plus before he's home. It's been a rough 24 hours! My girls have handled things better than expected so far. The roughest moment was last night after listening to the book he recorded for them three times it was time for bed. My little daddy's girl was not wanting to stop listening to the book over and over. It was heart breaking. They keep repeating 'daddy's on the airplane....daddy is at work". Sucks!
Aside from all that, things seem to be going well. My nausea hasn't been too bad these last two days. I have a prescription for zofran but haven't taken the comlpete dose since Thursday. I'm guessing my emotions and stress are overtaking the ability for my body to also be completely nauseous...possible? I don't have myfirst prenatal appt for another week, hoping all is well with our little bean. We had the ultrasound last Tuesday and my dh was able to see the heartbeat!
Ok...enough for now. Hope you all are well. Sorry for the random ramble tonight..

Aw poor babies :( that must be really hard for them and you. I hope te nausea stays away sounds like things are hard enough. Good luck at your first appt. I hope these next 120 days goes by quickly for you. I might be in your same boat here soon. DH might be deploying for a year. We are not for sure yet. Keep in touch. Hope you get some rest. Hang in there.

My heart breaks for you allie, I was in tears reading your post.

Just off for my scan, feel sick with nerves, doesn't help that last night I dreamed that I mc again. Hopefully will have good news later though.

Ladies after a bit of advice:-

Just noticed brown spotting after bm (sorry) only there the once.

Wouldn't normally be worried but hubby had to slam on his brakes last night when we was in the car (as some prat was speeding round the round about.) I felt the seat belt rub on my shoulder do you think jelly bean is okay?

Now worried - coincidence about brown spotting?:cry:

X

Sorry ladies - forgot to wish you all good luck with your scans :flower:

X

as long as your jelly bean isn't in your shoulder you should be fine :winkwink:

MellyWelly - good luck with the scan, let us know how you get on.

Girafe - I had brown spotting after BM a few weeks back, midwive and sonographer said if it's brown it is likely to have already been in the vagina and needs to come out. I would try not to worry too much (I know that that isn't easy).

I'm not feeling too good today myself, just very tired, anxious and also crazy backache, which doesn't help after not feeling good all weekend. At work at the moment but I can hear my bed calling x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->