January Labor Watch!

Sorry to rant...
But I am extremely down today. Why won't my body go into labour naturally. Getting seriously fed up now and uncomfatable. Dunno what to do with myself.

I understand this completely. Everyday I clean and organize and get all prepared just in case and absolutely nothing happens. My body is just not working this time when it did in the past. And that's even more frustrating. Ive done this! So I keep waiting.

Same here ladies. I know I'm just due but my boys were born at 37 &38 weeks, so compared to them this little girl is late! Today's my first official day of maternity leave but I'm only off until Feb 6th! :(

I hope she makes her grand appearance soon! If you really wanted can you extend your leave a bit longer? In a case like that where you only have a month off what do you do with LO when you go back to work?

Sorry to rant...
But I am extremely down today. Why won't my body go into labour naturally. Getting seriously fed up now and uncomfatable. Dunno what to do with myself.

I understand this completely. Everyday I clean and organize and get all prepared just in case and absolutely nothing happens. My body is just not working this time when it did in the past. And that's even more frustrating. Ive done this! So I keep waiting.

Same here ladies. I know I'm just due but my boys were born at 37 &38 weeks, so compared to them this little girl is late! Today's my first official day of maternity leave but I'm only off until Feb 6th! :(

I hope she makes her grand appearance soon! If you really wanted can you extend your leave a bit longer? In a case like that where you only have a month off what do you do with LO when you go back to work?

I can take up to 12 weeks off unpaid but in order to take off with pay I have to use sick/vacation time and I only have 20 sick/vacation days built up and I can't afford to take off without pay. 😞
My sister lives with me and will be watching my little girl while I'm at work. I'm a teacher so I have off all weekends and holidays but I will have to bring a lot of my work home with me as I will not want to stay at work any longer than I have to.

emeeorevan you're lucky to have your sister to watch your little one! I'm already panicking about what I'll do once I have to go back to work. In Canada the maternity leave is actually quite good, 50 weeks paid at a percentage of your salary- which doesn't quite come to enough for bills after they take off all the taxes, but daycare costs more if you can't get into a government subsidized one. The waiting lists for those are huge. If you get in it's $7 a day, which is great, but most likely we won't get into one, and then it's $45 - $50 approx. per day.

Hi again ladies,
Just to update. I woke up this morning with period cramps which gradually got worse throughout the day. Started having proper contractions 8-9 minutes apart at 6pm, and by 9.30pm they were every minutes. Went to L&D and I'm 1cm, 50% effaced but the contractions are still coming every 5 minutes and last 40-50 seconds. Still kind of irregular tho, I've come home now until they get closer. Praying this is it!

Hi again ladies,
Just to update. I woke up this morning with period cramps which gradually got worse throughout the day. Started having proper contractions 8-9 minutes apart at 6pm, and by 9.30pm they were every minutes. Went to L&D and I'm 1cm, 50% effaced but the contractions are still coming every 5 minutes and last 40-50 seconds. Still kind of irregular tho, I've come home now until they get closer. Praying this is it!

Sounds promising!! Good luck!!!

Good luck flannz !!! Everything crossed this is it for you !!

Good luck!! That sounds promising flannz!

Ladies I feel your pain... I tested my own fluid but went in to have it tested and it came back negative- though he said there's still a chance I could be leaking just very slowly. I am left with no info or anything! I'm gonna go nutty here @_@

I just realized that I'm in the single digits now! Only 9 more days until my c-section :happydance: I am so ready. This whole false labor thing is wearing me down. So far today I'm just crampy, so it's not as exhausting, but not much fun while chasing a toddler.
I never had any of this with DS, so I'm a little out of my comfort zone and questioning everything now.

I just realized that I'm in the single digits now! Only 9 more days until my c-section :happydance: I am so ready. This whole false labor thing is wearing me down. So far today I'm just crampy, so it's not as exhausting, but not much fun while chasing a toddler.
I never had any of this with DS, so I'm a little out of my comfort zone and questioning everything now.

Me too :happydance: So glad i don't have a toddler to run around after at this time!

I've had to go lie down this afternoon, my get up and go, got up and went! :sleep: I had to force myself to get dressed and go get essential shopping, came home plonked myself on the sofa again with a cuppa and a bite to eat. Put casserole in the oven at 3pm and went to bed til 5! lol

Just got back from my ObGyn apt not too long ago and tomorrow, on my actual due date, he's having me induced! Due to size of LO and excess amniotic.

Very excited but very nervous at the same time. Can't believe we'll have him here either tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest!!!

Hey ladies, I am also due in jan - booked in for a c section on 28th but would dearly love for her to come earlier. It's summer here and past few days have been getting up to 30s and am so hot and uncomfy! Had a day of awful cramps and back pain yesterday but amounted to nothing :(

Hope there is some movement for you all soon!

Good luck wifey! How exciting!!!!

Exciting wifey2013 Hope all goes well and keep us posted if you can x

I also had excessive amniotic fluid with twin b but thankfully at my last appointment it has come back down into 'normal' levels, i have growth restriction with him too rather than excessive growth, but thankfully things have settled down, he grew 12oz in 2 weeks - good boy! My next scan is on wednesday and i just hope things are still stable and we can get to 37+3 for delivery (but if they want to come i won't complain - i'd like to breath again! lol)

So exciting wifey2013!! Good luck tomorrow!! :flower:

I ended up putting DS down for a nap and then put myself down for one. Unfortunately it didn't last as long as I'd hoped. DS slept for a good 1 1/2hrs, but about 30 minutes into mine, DH decided to call since he was on break. Then not 15 minutes after I got off the phone with him, I got another phone call. By the time I was able to start falling asleep again, DS woke up! I'm ready for bedtime now. :sleep:

Hi again ladies,

Ooh exciting, good luck! :flower:

Hey! I'm doing the same as you pretty much (cramps, more hungry, cleaning) except I was slowly leaking all day yesterday. At first I just thought maybe an increase of discharge- then I noticed it was really watery with some white specks mixed in later in the day. I got ph strips from work on my way back from my parents after dinner. I stayed dry for some reason until bed >__< ugh. I woke up after sleeping for a while and I as wet- I tested the fluid and the strip turned out blue/green. Which I know can mean its amniotic fluid. I have an appointment in a bit over an hour. Thank goodness! I'm not sure what they will do if their tests comes up positive.

Any update was it your waters

Jennie- I went today and my ob did a test strip of his own. He said it came up negative? It's just weird cuz I know how to use a PH strip!!! I'm not sure how I bombed those tests. Anyway... He said I still could possibly be leaking so to call the office if I suspect I still am. I'm a little taken back because I was SO sure that's what it was! He took a look and said I just have massive amounts of plug.. Yuck. Ugh :| I want this prodromal labour to enddddd!!

The meteorologist on our local news station just said that we are going to be getting an abnormally high pressure system moving in to the area Wednesday-Thursday and that the National Center of Medicine says any major changes in pressure had shown an increase in childbirth. So bring it on! I would be quite happy if it is true :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->