January - Slim for 2009! month one!

I just saw an advert for a fitness video by Claire Richards from Steps. I don't know if you've seen her pics before she lost FIVE stone, but she was a size 20!! I looked on youtube and it gives you an idea of what it's like. It looks good (providing you can stand the music hehe). I used to love steps, so it will bring back some memories from being a teen hehehe x

P.s I just got it off ebay for £4.49 inc P&P. I guess it's a copy, but I don't care :)

I'm doing well on the eating healthily thing (haven't had anything remotely naughty since 2009 began!) although I've only managed the cross-trainer once :(

This evening when I get home from the office, I'm going to give it another shot though...

An average day food diary for me (work day) looks like this:-

Breakfast
1 bottle juice (lemon or lime, sometimes orange)
Porridge (with a squish of honey)

Lunch
Covent Garden Soup - ( v low calorie content, and tasty! )
1 small Wholemeal Roll
either 1 yogurt or 1 small 90cal Chocolate Bar
sometimes an apple or some berries

Dinner
Stir Fry Vegetables or similar

I'm a qualified Chef, so generally I prefer to make something from scratch for Dinner because I know what's going into it, so when I make something like Steak & Vege, I know it's actually quite good for me :) I've really got into making casseroles - so easy and very good for you! Vege, Lamb or beef or chicken and a bit of water/stock - cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, yum yum!

So far, I've lost about 7lbs :D (yesss!)

Let us know what that dvd of Claire Richards is like Jen?I saw her before and after pictures and she looks amazing now!
Timid,I love covent garden soups && it looks like your healthy eating is going great,well done!!
I did terribly at the weekend but Im back on track today xxx

I just saw an advert for a fitness video by Claire Richards from Steps. I don't know if you've seen her pics before she lost FIVE stone, but she was a size 20!! I looked on youtube and it gives you an idea of what it's like. It looks good (providing you can stand the music hehe). I used to love steps, so it will bring back some memories from being a teen hehehe x

P.s I just got it off ebay for £4.49 inc P&P. I guess it's a copy, but I don't care :)

I've heard that DVD is good, and might get that. Gonna see how much time i'm left with after going to gym three times a week, then if i've got time for a DVD i'll get that one - let me know if its any good!

I saw the DVD, but to me it looked like the bigger picture of her had been photoshopped? I could be well wrong though, let us know how it goes.

I have tried two of mine, the Bollywood dance and the bellydance workout. Didnt really hugely like either, quite tame but very complicated in places for people like me with no dance ability. I realised OH was watching me from the hallway and laughing yesterday! twat!

I had some good news this morning though, ive been reading the new scales wrong :)dohh:) and im a little lighter than i thought! Been good to help spur me on. I though i had work today which would of been okay because there is no food there, but noone replied to my message!!

Good luck everyone, and keep going :hugs:

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm heavier (pms fluid retention).

If you watch the ad, she looks good! Not just the still picture :)

So, I had decided to weigh myself over the weekend. When I set up my ticker, I guessed my weight :rofl: I was pretty close for a guess. I was over about 2.5 lbs. I decided that I would weigh myself proper this morning, as it's my start date. It was exactly what I had put on my ticker to the pound. :rofl: So here I am, beginning.
I was trying to figure out how to start off my livejournal posts. I have finally figured it out. Check it out later :)

Hello,
I was meant to be starting my diet today. Was going really well till i went round my mums, she stuffed me with a huge tea. Now my dads coming around, he said that he's got something yummy and special for me. :munch:

Do you think i should start mine on Wednesday when you guys have your weigh in? But i'll start eating healthier from tommorow. What do you think girls?

xx

I reckon don't worry too much about little setbacks. Like generally today I have been really good, had special K for brekkie, then cereal bar, apple, oatcakes with peanut butter and a weight watchers yog for lunch, and salmon with peas and carrots for dinner. all really healthy but i have also had 3 quality street chocs, a mince pie and a small slice of cake. But have done an hour at the gym. So i think all in all, a good day!!! If i'm a bit naughty i wont just think, as i have done in the past "oh stuff it i'll start tomorrow" and then pig out, i'll try to either counteract what i've done with some exercise or try to be good for the rest of the day.xx

i've got into a bad habit of saying 'i'll start my diet proper tomorrow.' :dohh:

TBH, I don't fully agree with diets. Ideally people would just eat mostly healthy, with treats here and there! So don't beat yourselves up, providing you have cut down on the bad stuff and are becoming active, then you're already helping your body anyway!

Your all doing great. Don't beat yourselves up! :hugs:

Sometimes it's best to take small steps, rather than jumping straight in!

I did actually walk last night, and except for the caffeine, which I've had A LOT of today :rofl: (see my other posts, I'm like a crazy person!) I ate well today. Plus its busy as hell today so I haven't sat down until now....I'm working it! I'm so proud of you girls, you are kicking booty! :happydance: and we all will have our setbacks.....it is all good. :D

Hi, mind if I join this dieting thread? ^_^
I meant to start eating better on the 2nd (my parents have a big party on new years so I new I couldn't resist the yummy food and sweets) but my DH's father died on new years eve so that didn't happen. I'm starting tomorrow by replacing my usual carb only breakfast with a fruit smoothie made with frozen fruit like sliced peaches, mango chunks and blueberries, a fresh banana, vanilla soy milk and orange juice. The frozen fruit make it nice and cold and thick. I've made them before as a snack (though it's a bit heavy for just a snack). If I'm very hungry I'll make an egg too. That alone will shed pounds cause usually I'll just grab a bagel or something. I Just have to put a little more effort in making things and forego the convenience of take out.

Hi guys,

Sorry i've been away for a few days dealing with some crap. But now i'm back :) and I've been doing really well food wise. After my crappy day with the chicken dippers i've done pretty well.

Monday:
Breakfast- Bagel
Lunch- Small Baked potato with beans
Dinner- Wholemeal pasta with salmon and creme fraiche
Snacks: Mini pack of apricots

Total Cals 1127

Also was walking around all day so must have walked the equivalent of miles!

Tues:
Breakfast- Poached egg on toast. Handful of Special K because i was still starving! (weight watchers bread is like cardboard :rofl:)
Lunch- Chicken in pitta with salad
Dinner- Chicken breast and steamed veg

Kinda gave up counting calories yesterday and doing ww points instead. Exercise wise i went for a walk in the morning straight after breakfast and then was walking round shops all day.

Today:
Breakfast- WW Beans on wholemeal WW toast (3 points), Fruit squash, Options hot choc.

My Davina workout dvd arrived today so i'll be doing that later :happydance:

I'm gonna weigh myself on monday because it'll make it a whole week since i started :)

Kinda skipped a few pages of the thread because not got time to read it all but it sounds like everyone is doing well. (Well done Katie on the 3lb loss :)) Looking forward to hear about the claire from steps dvd, might get it if it's good :)

Apologies for the essay girls :blush: xxx

Sounds like someone is doing well :) Let us know how the davina DVD goes xx

I'm gonna do exercise in a bit! Aim to do 45 mins lol.

I did 40 mins :D of the 5 step fat attack with claire from steps. I'm so unfit, so I did the warm up, one of the cardio ones and then the cool down! I'll warm upto doing the full 5 steps!

Woo, well done!

Just finished doing Davina, my god her workout is insane! (Or perhaps i'm just super unfit) I managed to do the warm up, aerobics, abdominals and cool down which prob took around an hour.

About to go and have a tonne of salad now. Starving! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->