January - Slim for 2009! month one!

I just had a minor failure:

4 pringles and a low fat hobnob. I've been shaking really bad today and i think it's just a sheer lack of calories the last few days. Feel really weak. xx

hunny thats not a failure. If you are shaking your body is telling you that you need to eat a little more. Dont be starving yourself hunny :hugs:

I just had a minor failure:

4 pringles and a low fat hobnob. I've been shaking really bad today and i think it's just a sheer lack of calories the last few days. Feel really weak. xx

Aww hun, thats not a failure - in fact sticking to 4 pringles is amazing, if i have one then i normally eat the whole tube! :rofl: In fact i think i read somewhere that theres something in them that makes them addictive - so quite literally "once you pop you CAN'T stop!"

I bet you're doing a lot better than me, i still cant stop chowing down on chocolates & biscuits etc. On a positive note there are now no more chocolates or mince pies in the office left over from xmas. So no more temptation! xx

Thanks so much girls. Honestly, im as shocked as you are. lol.
I think a great deal of it is the sheer amount i was eating before, and water weight, ect.. I have a habit of doing this, starting off really well and then plateauing really quickly :/ Fingers crossed it will keep coming off at this rate though! lol. Plus, i have a lot more to lose that most of you, so a deal of it will be my body saying 'thank goodness for that' :rofl:

Tips? Umm.. not having food at work has been great, eating that bit less has made me feel less guilty about being too tired to exercise. I suppose having the focus has really helps.
Plus.. Figit! tap your feet or move around. It all helps burn extra cals.
- tonnes of water. Well... try for 4 pints. Quite often your body gives hungry symptoms when you are really just thirsty.
- Try and go half an hour between eating things. Quite often you find that wait makes the hunger go away as you have digested what you have just eaten.

Eating wise, im filling up on Homemade veggie soups and large salads. Ohh, and quorn cottage pie at 170cals. Having Asda diet mousses for a treat at 47cals, and crackerbreads for a snack at 19cals each. ooo, and if your in crisis, try those skinny cow chocolate sticks, feel realllly naughty and only 80odd cals!

Though please, i know i have lost a freakish amount quickly, but it wont last. I would much rather lose steadily and progressively than going in drops and spits. lol.

keep going girls, your all doing amazing. We rule :happydance:

Thanks - you're still an inspiration though. I feel so weak at times, i just cant seem to say no. If there are chocolates or biscuits around then i will eat them, its like i feel compelled to! The secret i guess is not to have them around, but problem is that people in my office have food like that around, and so does my OH! its so hard! :hissy: I just need my mouth sewing up or something. I'm gonna try drinking loads of water to see if i can fool my body, and also keep busy - i think the thing with me is that if i'm bored i will eat....xx

I just realised how many cookies I haven't eaten hehe. I honestly have 2-3 cookies per shift (10-15). I've had one this week....

They are 200 calories each..so I've cut down on 200-600 each day over 5 days!

Today ive had
Brekkie-Cereal+no milk tea
Lunch-Cereal
Tea-Tuna+sweetcorn+peppers+mayo pasta tub from morrisons
Super- mini breaks +no milk tea

:)

my bmi dropped abit more

Thanks girls. After reading that I figured that over all today i haven't had anything more than normal RDA, prob no more than 2000cals. I think i have a habit of getting a bit obssessive once i start a diet and think i can never eat anything unhealthy. I guess having the normal amount of cals one day a week won't do any harm xx

I feel great about what I ate today!

breakfast - fruit smoothie (frozen peach slices, frozen mango chunks, some blueberries and a fresh banana with oj and soy milk and vitamin powder. It's so yummy but healthy and filling.)
lunch - split a lean cuisine and a packet of microwave steamed veggies with hubby
dinner - shared and order of chicken and broccoli and rice with hubby, then there was some rice pudding out when we got home so had a little of that.

Just having a fruit smoothie alone instead of a bagel every day is going to make a big difference.

Okay, so today i've not had much yet food wise. But i did weigh myself this morning and....11st7! I was 12st on Sun/Mon so i've lost half a stone :) :happydance: :headspin: xx

Okay, so today i've not had much yet food wise. But i did weigh myself this morning and....11st7! I was 12st on Sun/Mon so i've lost half a stone :) :happydance: :headspin: xx

Congrats! That's great!

will eating 2 sausages that are 245 cals put the lbs back on me??

Doubt it hun, losing weight is all about moderation as i was told last night :) xx

Edited to tell an amusing story. Last night i had a super strong urge for a slice of the apple pie in the fridge. I had a small ish slice and after i put the 1st spoonful into my mouth my mum told me it needed to be cooked. It kinda put me right off and ended up not eating any in the end. :rofl: :blush: xx

Amazing weight loss everyone.

Katy, i really know what you mean about getting obsessive. If you feel its getting too much, PM me, please :hugs:

Well, my dress comes today and shock of shocks it actually fits me! its supposed to be a 14-12, but im a 16 anyday. Its a little elasticated in the back, and thats maxed out of losing would make it look better. Well pleased though, much easier to get it taken in than let out!

Lost 11lbs now, though really not doing enough exercise. Far too lazy, but ive been feeling ill the last few days.

I was having a major sweet tooth today, so instead of being naughty I had a cup of hot cocoa (100cal) with 2 tbls wipped cream (15cal) and I had it as a snack instead of an extra, really curbed my sweet tooth and my hunger.

ugh. i had chocolate and crisps tonight.
Was feeling down, and just got overtaken.
:cry:

Really dont want to have put on weight tomorrow

Brekkie - 2 slices of wholemeal bread 2 cups of tea
Lunch - Cereal
Afternoon snack - SK bar
Tea - Sausage & mash

ugh. i had chocolate and crisps tonight.
Was feeling down, and just got overtaken.

Really dont want to have put on weight tomorrow

Aw don't worry, just because you eat "badly" one day doesn't mean it'll mess you up, if you gained weight just from that it'll come off easy! :hugs:

Just incase anyone was wondering why I havent been making much of an input on this thread its because Ive been doing so badly.ive had a massively stressful week and put on 3/4lbs.Hopefully next week will be better.Well done to you girlies though who are doing well.xxxx

hey Jen, dont feel bad hun :hugs:
If you wannt chat about the crappy week, please PM me

Well. I made a big mistake yesterday. I slipped up and reverted to old ways. I dont want to admit it but i did. I am feeling really ashamed with myself today :(

Well. I made a big mistake yesterday. I slipped up and reverted to old ways. I dont want to admit it but i did. I am feeling really ashamed with myself today :(
:hugs: I hope youre doing better today. Keeping on track is hard sometimes,just dont let other things take over.PM me if you need anything xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->