January - Slim for 2009! month one!

Hey ladies
Have thought about it and decided i am going to start the special K Diet on monday, not going to be to strick as dont really need to loose much weight but would like to tone up a little and loose arounf 5lb maybe.
Going to morrisons in a bit to get some special K as i am sure its on offer. Might get some smoothies too. Was thinking about getting a workout dvd- Strictly come dancing one?? not sure dont know anyone whos got it.
i still have loads of chocolate from christmas so getting rid of that by giving it my brothers! sorted! hehe

Oh and well done ladies your working so hard xx

Hey
I started yesterday. It okay i join?

Doing Special K 1.

Yesterday
Brekkie - cereal + tea no milk
Lunch- - cereal
Afternoon snack - mini breaks
Tea - baked potato + tuna&sweetcorn
Super - tea no milk & special K bar

Today
Brekkie - cereal + tea no milk
Morning snack - special k bar
Lunch - Cereal
Tea - chicken tikka masala
Super - will be cup of tea no milk

Been on the wii fit for around 30min to 1 hour a day.
According to wii fit ive lost 5 lbs. :)

Anyone else done the Jordan one? I did that the other day and my legs still hurt!

Well, exactly 6 days in and ive lost 9lbs! im so so chuffed. I know part of that is just physically eating less and losing the water weight, but im still pleased. good start. WHEN my dress comes, i just hope its not loadsss too small. then i might cry. lol.

Drazic thats great, you're doing so well! I've been to the gym the last three nights for an hour a time, but i dont feel that i have lost much weight at all as i havent been too good with the diet side of things. Am sure the extra exercise is helping though! I need to focus, problem is that there are still chocolates left over from xmas at work.xxx

hun, toning up is just as important as losing weight when it comes to getting preggers. I need to do that too, plus muscle burns more calories than fat at rest, so in the long run its much better for you. keep it up, your doing amazingly

hun, toning up is just as important as losing weight when it comes to getting preggers. I need to do that too, plus muscle burns more calories than fat at rest, so in the long run its much better for you. keep it up, your doing amazingly

Thanks! so what are you doing atm thats helped you lose the 9lbs? I know you've been doing your exercise DVD's but when it comes to eating, are you cutting out all naughty foods, or no snacking? Would love some tips! xx

Wow Drazic thats fantastic. Well done you.
At this rate your dress will be too big

woowweeee 6 pounds, that's almost half a stone!!!! that's great, well done you!

xxx

Hi to everyone that's just joined in :)

Wow, well done katie :) And also thank you, because i was worried i was gonna end up straying today, have really wanted to eat crap. But now i've read that i'm determined to keep being good.

Okay my little update. Rest of yesterday i had:

Lunch- Chicken salad (was a little bit naughty and had a bit of feta but i have to get calcium from somewhere right?!)
Dinner- Spicy vegetable wraps and one square of dairy milk :blush: I was desperate for choc so just had one square instead of the whole bar.

Today:
Breakfast- Special K and semi skimmed milk

Not a clue what i'm gonna have for lunch.

Also, i did my davina workout yesterday but i'm mostly feeling okay. Not too achey...i know you're only meant to exercise every other day but do you think i'd be okay to do some today since i'm feeling okay? xx

If youre feeling ok I'd maybe do half a workout?Athletes dont only work out every other day so I guess once youre used to it youd be able to work out every day.Maybe do half what you would normally do then if you still feel fine do the rest?Thats what I would do..I dont see how it can do any harm.If youre tired and achey tomorrow then just skip tomorrows workout?xx
(the only workout Ive been doing is eating soup and crackers) xx

Thanks hun, i think i might just do the warm up, and the abdominals section. Not the hardcore aerobics i did yesterday since that's the bit that made my calfs achey xx

Good plan!Im waiting for my Carmen Electra Fit To Strip workout DVD to arrive!!x

You'll have to let us know if it's any good.

I'm really struggling today, I'm just really really hungry! xx

Eaten well today! Weetabix, chicken sarnie, and gonna have something healthy for tea. Also did a quick 20 min work out!

had shreddies for brekkie, havent had tonme for lunch as been soo busy, am about to do a chilli....yummy im hungry..gonna have melon and a banana for pudding...my sins allowance on slimming world is 15 so i may even have a curly wurly as they are only 6!

i weighed myself on monday and i had gained 6lb over the xmas period so my loss had gone from 22lbs to 16lbs...i weighed myself today naughtily and i have lost 3lbs so far this week so im back on track 19lbs lost...I WILL DO THIS!!

no i take that back WE WILL DO THIS!!

h x

Woo, Thats what i love about SW and WW, that you can eat literally whatever you want as long as it doesn't go over your sins/points. I think it makes it easier to stick with the diet.

I had a fair bit for lunch today:
Small tin of Spaghetti on slice of WW bread
A pear(2 halves out of a tin, but they were in natural juice so okay i think)
2 Caramel Snack-a-Jacks

Snack: Tesco healthy living chicken noodle soup (49 cals, tastes alright but is essentially just like drinking a cup of chicken stock! Weird)

Dinner will be wholemeal pasta with tuna or a veggie omlette, (with no cheese:( lol)

xx
xx

Thanks! so what are you doing atm thats helped you lose the 9lbs? I know you've been doing your exercise DVD's but when it comes to eating, are you cutting out all naughty foods, or no snacking? Would love some tips! xx

Thanks so much girls. Honestly, im as shocked as you are. lol.
I think a great deal of it is the sheer amount i was eating before, and water weight, ect.. I have a habit of doing this, starting off really well and then plateauing really quickly :/ Fingers crossed it will keep coming off at this rate though! lol. Plus, i have a lot more to lose that most of you, so a deal of it will be my body saying 'thank goodness for that' :rofl:

Tips? Umm.. not having food at work has been great, eating that bit less has made me feel less guilty about being too tired to exercise. I suppose having the focus has really helps.
Plus.. Figit! tap your feet or move around. It all helps burn extra cals.
- tonnes of water. Well... try for 4 pints. Quite often your body gives hungry symptoms when you are really just thirsty.
- Try and go half an hour between eating things. Quite often you find that wait makes the hunger go away as you have digested what you have just eaten.

Eating wise, im filling up on Homemade veggie soups and large salads. Ohh, and quorn cottage pie at 170cals. Having Asda diet mousses for a treat at 47cals, and crackerbreads for a snack at 19cals each. ooo, and if your in crisis, try those skinny cow chocolate sticks, feel realllly naughty and only 80odd cals!

Though please, i know i have lost a freakish amount quickly, but it wont last. I would much rather lose steadily and progressively than going in drops and spits. lol.

keep going girls, your all doing amazing. We rule :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"