• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***January Testers Closed Out at 118 testers, 22BFPs, 68 BFNs, and 28 Unknowns***

I just thought about the fact that my DH's birthday is the second week of January. I would love to surprise him with a birthday BFP -- he deserves it for putting up with all my TTC craziness over the last year :)

Mine's birthday is around my testing time too. I would love to get a BFP on his birthday but it feels like so much pressure! I may test the day before and then try to keep it in until his birthday in case it's positive, but I can't imagine going a whole day without telling him. Let me know what you decide to do!

Thats awesome. Good Luck! For us, it would be an anniversary :bfp:.

I just thought about the fact that my DH's birthday is the second week of January. I would love to surprise him with a birthday BFP -- he deserves it for putting up with all my TTC craziness over the last year :)

Mine's birthday is around my testing time too. I would love to get a BFP on his birthday but it feels like so much pressure! I may test the day before and then try to keep it in until his birthday in case it's positive, but I can't imagine going a whole day without telling him. Let me know what you decide to do!

Thanks hun and I certainly agree with you but quick question if i'm on a regular 28 day cycle but last month I was on a 31 day cycle but i'm always regular so idk when I ovulate I don't use opk's I started using geritol and lots of baby dancing so what cycle should I go by

Hey everyone! I'm new in this thread. I've been over in TTCAL. Figured i'd venture out to this section as well. I've been TTC since April. Got pregnant in July, lost it shortly after and have been TTC since! That's me in a nutshell lol. I will be testing around January 5th. I hope 2012 is the year for us girlies!!!!!!

Do you have an iphone? I know a great app to help you. Also you can go to https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com. Enter your first day of your cycle. Go by your normal 28 day cycle. You can begin to track your cycles that way. They have a calendar that will tell you. That is also the site where everyone gets the countdown tickers like the ones below. The first day of your period is considered CD1.

Normally with a 28 day cycle, you ovulate on day 14. However, if you are unsure, for the first month you should start using the ovulation 2 days after your cycle ends up until you get a positive. With ovulation kits, you may get two lines. However, they are considered negative unless the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line.
Thanks hun and I certainly agree with you but quick question if i'm on a regular 28 day cycle but last month I was on a 31 day cycle but i'm always regular so idk when I ovulate I don't use opk's I started using geritol and lots of baby dancing so what cycle should I go by

Yes I have an iphone!!!! And yes it just threw me off because I was never late but I will surly look into that

The iperiod app is excellent. I have been using it for two years. Check it out. It is common for your period to be 28 day, for example, and occasionally add or subtract 3-4 days. Its just hormonal changes.

Yes I have an iphone!!!! And yes it just threw me off because I was never late but I will surly look into that

I LOVE Countdowntopregnancy.com ! Its such a great tool to know when you should test and what is/may be going on in your body on specific days throughout your cycle!

To All January Testers,

If you have given me two dates like 12th/13th. I went with the later date to give you time to retest and be sure. I hope this is okay. If you nail down a preference let me know and I will be happy to change it.

Thank you :flower:

Im not sure If i should consider starting to chart BBT as im about CD19 just now. Or maybe just start BD'ing after my AF (due New years day). I bought some OPK's but I think I could easily get carried away with them, and spend a fortune!

Did anyone else start calculations etc right from the start, or just try BD ing as much as poss and forget the rest? Obv its personal preference but I have nobody else to ask these things to! :dohh:

You may want to visit my other thread. It has a lot of useful info on this topic. The thread can be found at https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...y-cycle-increase-your-chances-conceiving.html

To All January Testers,

If you have given me two dates like 12th/13th. I went with the later date to give you time to retest and be sure. I hope this is okay. If you nail down a preference let me know and I will be happy to change it.

Im not sure If i should consider starting to chart BBT as im about CD19 just now. Or maybe just start BD'ing after my AF (due New years day). I bought some OPK's but I think I could easily get carried away with them, and spend a fortune!

Did anyone else start calculations etc right from the start, or just try BD ing as much as poss and forget the rest? Obv its personal preference but I have nobody else to ask these things to! :dohh:

You can get OPKs cheap on amazon, I get a combo pack of like 20 or 30 OPKs and 10 HPTs for under $10. I start my OPKs on CD10, and this month we are going to BD every other day until my 1st positive opk, and then 3 days in a row starting the day of that first positive. :dust:

How is everyone? I hope you are all ready for the festive season.

I just gor my first positive on OPK - brilliant timing my DH is on his way home for Crimbo!!!

Christmas hugs, xxx

My sticks are getting darker:happydance:. I am not scheduled to ovulate until Christmas though!

How is everyone? I hope you are all ready for the festive season.

I just gor my first positive on OPK - brilliant timing my DH is on his way home for Crimbo!!!

Christmas hugs, xxx

Guys helP me please. I wasn't expecting to ov til around 30th dec, last cycle was 39 days. I poas on Monday just in case and it was positive. Then the lines got lighter but today it's positive again! Both have been darker than control line. Any ideas? Ps. If I did ov on Tuesday my test date will be 4th jan now xx

Start BDing, just in case. Sometimes you can get a darker line with concentrated urine. I would BD with any positives to make sure.:thumbup:

Guys helP me please. I wasn't expecting to ov til around 30th dec, last cycle was 39 days. I poas on Monday just in case and it was positive. Then the lines got lighter but today it's positive again! Both have been darker than control line. Any ideas? Ps. If I did ov on Tuesday my test date will be 4th jan now xx

I should be testing around the 15th or 16th, as the big O should be taking place on New Years Eve/Day, FXd for all of us for our :bfp:

Hey ladies, this is my 3rd cycle at ttc #1. I will be testing 1/10/12. Good luck to us all and hope the new year brings us all our babies.

I'm due on the 18th and will be testing either the 19th or 20th.

For now, I'm getting my OPKs ready to test as soon as the witch is gone.

:dust: to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->