Job Interview from hell advice!!

MichelleanLee

Reaction score
Hi, if just like some advice please!

Earlier today I had an interview for a teaching assistant in a primary schools with a really bad ofsted report, I was shortlisted from 140 applications to the final 10. I went to the interview today and was placed in a empty classroom with another' girl who was also being interviewed, they explained that I had to do some guided reading with 4 children and then do a small activity from the book, it lasted 10 mins in all! I done the guided reading ensuring every child was able to put their input and done a small activity using phonics about sounds that we hear (relating to the book) there was 3 people observing this process 2 lady's and a man, not one introduced themselves! I was the taken into another room where there was a clipboard and a piece of paper saying choose a topic and write what activities you would suggest to go with it, I was just about to put pen to paper and in walked the man said stop what ye doing and put the pen down, iv decided I'm not taking this any further, your an ideal candidate to work in a school but ofsted are clamping down on us and I need someone strong....he then shown me out turning to say, oh and I will do feedback it it won't be today so ring and make an appointment if ye want me, I was met by the other girl who was also being interviewed signing out, neither of us not knowing what we had done let alone what had happened.
I feel that this was not a fair interview process and thought (maybe I'm wrong) that everyone that was interviewed had to go through the same process before they came to that decision! Am I wrong in thinking this and what would you do in my shoes? The job I applied for is working with children aged 4-5 yet the children I done the task with are 7-8!!
Is this a fair interview process to you??

It doesn't sound very organised or professional to me. I would have thought that yes, you should have been tasking With children the same area s the job proposed.

To be honest though, I wouldn't take a job where I didn't feel comfortable with the interview process and I'd tell them the reasons why. If they're like that during the interview imagine what they'd be like to work for....

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->