Joe vs Rage

Im actually really annoyed rage got no1!

that poor joes dream has been stomped on because people want to get one over on simon cowell.

fair enough its annoying that x factor always gets no1 but at least there nice family songs, rage isnt exactly chrismassy

and all music nowdays is commercial, if it wasn't then you wouldn't have access to it

His dream was surely to win xfactor - which he did?

I'm delighted about the whole RATM thing. It may not be a very christmas-y song, but how was the Climb a christmas-y song?

its more chrismassy then

"fuck you i wont do what you tell me
fuck you i wont do what you tell me
fuck you i wont do what you tell me"

I actually think thats pretty christmas-y :rofl:

That song brings back such amazing memories to me of being a teenager and hanging around with my friends. When music meant something instead of being churned out by 6 songwriters all looking to make a quick buck..

its terrible ratm got number 1, utter shite. just because they objected to simon cowell, poor joe lost out. idiots the people who bought this just as a protest to get it to number 1.

its terrible ratm got number 1, utter shite. just because they objected to simon cowell, poor joe lost out. idiots the people who bought this just as a protest to get it to number 1.

guess that makes me an idiot! Its not about Simon Cowell mainly, its about "takin the power back" (to quote another of rage's songs).

I'M SOOOOOOOO HAPPY THEY GOT TO NUMBER ONE!!! And to the ppl who wer sayin about the charity singles- the proceeds are going to Shelter. I wonder how much of the profits of Joe's single are going to charity?? :nope:

On their facebook page it says theyve raised ovrr £60,000 from the RATM single for charity :shock:

Cant believe they have over 450,000 members either, i think that speaks volumes!!

Personally i couldnt care less, i dont listen to "chart" music :shrug:

Yeah but the charity donations were completely omitted in all the media coverage. Typical! I guess Simon Cowell was paying for his media slots as it was all about poor X-factor person who has worked so hard as if no-one else ever works hard to get a no.1 and so he just deserves it because Cowell is the Machine.

Anyway, they got the No1! Hooray! :happydance:

And what exactly is wrong with that - that was the whole point :flower:

its more chrismassy then

"fuck you i wont do what you tell me
fuck you i wont do what you tell me"

and that is the exact reason that particular song was chosen!!! im a metal head and im not particularly fond of rage BUT i cannot stand all these brain numbing mindless 'talent' shows which just get spewed out left right and centre, so what....he won a glorified karaoke competition-big deal!!...maybe fat bob down the dog and duck should get to number 1 next week because he won this weeks karaoke competition!!!!!!

there are artists with more talent in their foot that have toured,written their own songs,play instruments that dont stand a chance in hell of getting to number 1 at xmas because of simon scowell and his crap karaoke show........this is just one in the eye for him that people are sick to the back teeth of this banal tripe that he spews out year on year "fuck you cowell i wont buy what you tell me"

Would have been better if they'd made something like white christmas by wham or that song by slade the number one protest song...RATM is my music and fair play for some of the money going to charity, but I think the christmas number one needs to be a christmas song:shrug:

I kind of agree that it should've been a Christmas song, but the appeal with KITN was that it's a type of song that would never usually get anywhere near the top 10, let alone number 1.

And Joe didn't "deserve" a number 1 just because he'd won X Factor. The prize is a record contract, not a guaranteed number 1. There's a lot of bands and artists that work hard for years recording, promoting themselves etc and they aren't guaranteed success. Why should the winner of a talent show get an easy ride?

People power!

I'm not fussed about it not being a Christmas song. I can't remember any worth listening to since the '80s anyway and I get a feeling that lots of years now they are Christmassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->