Join me in My Bradley Method Experiance,

I'm interested in this... could you explain the pelvic rock a bit more, I'm not sure what

"then level and tuck hips under (do slowly and rhythmically with control)." means

Thanks!!

I'm interested in this... could you explain the pelvic rock a bit more, I'm not sure what

"then level and tuck hips under (do slowly and rhythmically with control)." means

Thanks!!

Sure :flow:

Level means to keep your back straight. So basically once you are on all fours (with your back straight) that is your level position. Then arch your back (best way to explain is, your stomach goes down and your tail bone goes up. Then bring your body back to level position. Looking forward the entire time. The head/neck does not move. Actually this is an exclusive exercise for the lower half of the body. Targeting the pelvis and ab area (but not stressing the abdominal muscles). Its similar to the cow position in yoga, but slightly different (back never arches up - toward the sky, and you dont move your head/neck).

when you are doing this activity, be sure to take your time and think about what you're doing. Dont move quickly because you need to practice control. Control is what will build up the muscles you need in labor and delivery. You will know you're doing right if you start to get a little (and i mean very very little) fatigue near the end of the reps. (it may take more or less than each weeks assignment)

Great idea! My husband and I start our bradley classes on Monday (22nd). Great to see you starting early. My instructor recommends to register for classes between 22-26 weeks so that you have at least the last 3 months to prepare...I wish I would have started these exercises around your time...WAY TO GO!!! :)

Thanks and :hi:, but i can't take all the credit :haha: the DH and are moving to New Hampshire in May (which i will be about 7 months preggo then, i think :dohh:) So we figured we best get em in while we have the resources & the time :thumbup:

Some of these exercises and positions look great! I can see how they would really help, especially the squatting one. One of the reasons I am considering water birth this time is that it makes squatting much easier to do and maintain... and squatting is (I think) the BEST pos. for allowing your pelvis to open and let your baby through. I will definitely be watching the thread and cheering you guys on :)Can I nick some of these exercises please, I really want to do that pelvic rock thing right NOW and see if getting the baby to move will stop the pain in my tail bone!! Speaking of which - it would be so much easier if there was a picture of someone DOING that.... it must be the position which looks most ridiculous and no model wants to be photographed like that?!

Sounds cool! With the exception of the butterfly and Kegals I kind of do alot of those things in day to day life with a toddler haha... But I will def try and make an effort to think about them if they will help!

i am game! thanks for starting this.
I will do my first assignment tomorrow and report back :)

well i think i need to work on the relax side of things.....hubby got up with the children this morning and i tried this on the bed as the floor really hurts my hips at the moment......i fell asleep :blush: think i need to find either a better place where i dont get too comfy or a cushion under my bad hip or do it at a time when im not shattered lol

count me in!!!ur such a darling for doin this, coz before i read ur thread i was just online searching lamaze and bradley method techniques. im all for natural birth where i am in control, and to resort to meds only if i have too

Good for you!:happydance: I have had several Bradley births, and they really are awesome! I am glad to see you reading! I keep rereading my books, and I need to get my hubby to refresh too!

Also, as you ladies get further along, if you get the Braxton Hicks that I do, it's a great time to practice your relaxing..I was driving with my hubby yesterday when he hit a good bump, which threw me into one..I laid my chair back, started the whole relaxing thing, and even was moaning a bit..Scared him a bit because to him, it seemed just like I was in labor! So, keep that in mind..

Ha ha. every time I get a headache or stub my toe I do my "relaxing" thing.... Good practise!

Welcome ladies! :wave:
Glad to see there are so many of you! Its nice having support! :flow:
I look forward to hearing from you, and gaining all that wonderful insight from the ladies who have already gone through this! :friends:

On another note, i realized last night during my 2nd relaxation that i was in the wrong position. When i find time today, i am going to have the DH take another picture of that. Once i figured out what i was doing wrong, it made me feel 100x better when i was relaxing :dohh: So keep an eye out for that today. I'll just edit the post with all of the exercises :thumbup:

Can I nick some of these exercises please, I really want to do that pelvic rock thing right NOW

Go for it :D Do whatever works best for you and your baby :thumbup:

Speaking of which - it would be so much easier if there was a picture of someone DOING that.... it must be the position which looks most ridiculous and no model wants to be photographed like that?!

I really tried to find a picture and/or a video and i couldn't get anything. The DH thought i was going crazy last night :rofl: i was getting pissy because i was really excited to show you girls this one, especially this one, and couldn't get anything :wacko: and when i did find one, it was with the ppl laying on their backs, which isn't how we were taught in class or in my book :nope: maybe i'll just take a picture of myself haha.

E&LsMommy, its totally fine if you want to do the relaxation on your bed :thumbup: actually i think thats where its supposed to be done, because thats likely where you'll give birth at anyways. It hurt my boob to lay on the floor LOL :blush:

yeh but im not sure the idea is to fall asleep tho is it guppy. lol

well...i have to ponder that one...because they do say that when you're in labor you should try to relax & sleep as much as possible in between contractions...so actually....i think if you're to the point of relaxation that you are falling asleep...thats actually a good thing :thumbup: But i can't say that for sure.

I really tried to find a picture and/or a video and i couldn't get anything. The DH thought i was going crazy last night :rofl: i was getting pissy because i was really excited to show you girls this one, especially this one, and couldn't get anything :wacko: and when i did find one, it was with the ppl laying on their backs, which isn't how we were taught in class or in my book :nope: maybe i'll just take a picture of myself haha.
Thanks for all the work :thumbup: :hugs:
Guppy, is this picture correctly depicting pelvic rock?
https://www.moondragon.org/obgyn/graphics/pelvicrockexercise.jpg
If so, then it looks similar to cat-cow pose in yoga:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il2F0mVm0n8

well...i have to ponder that one...because they do say that when you're in labor you should try to relax & sleep as much as possible in between contractions...so actually....i think if you're to the point of relaxation that you are falling asleep...thats actually a good thing :thumbup: But i can't say that for sure.

yeh.

i really am gonna miss the whole labour thing. and the exceitment of "is this it?".

Kaaty, it's sort of like that. I dont think your neck moves though (but if you do it that way im sure that would be beneficial too. Notice what she does with her hips. Thats the main idea. As long as you are rocking your hips i dont think it really matters. As far as i gather (could be wrong though), you shouldnt be moving much anything above the belly button.

Ladies who have taken bradley classes, what do you think? :shrug:

Hi girls. How are your exercises coming along? TBH, i didn't do a good job today :blush: Been feeling like crap and being lazy all day. The DH should be home soon, so maybe i'll knock out some of those exercises :thumbup:

CHECK LIST for Sunday February 21st, 2010:

[X] Relaxation #1
[] Relaxation #2
[X] Walking [actually did this one! LOL hey, grocery shopping counts :thumbup:]
[X] Tailor Sitting
[] Squat
[X] Butterfly
[X] Pelvic Rock #1
[X] Pelvic Rock #2
[] Pelvic Rock #3
[] Pelvic Rock #4
[ ] Pelvic Rock @ Bedtime
[X] Kegel

I've done everything today except for my kegel's and one pelvic rock, but I'll try to get them in before bed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->