Join me in My Bradley Method Experiance,

Awesome Awesome Awesome of you to put up info like that! Im not pregnant and I want to start doing some of those.. Specifically the Butterfly one because I like sitting like that anyway lol!

Add me to the list Im cheering you on!! PS.. where is mondays checklist hm?????

Im not pregnant and I want to start doing some of those..
Add me to the list Im cheering you on!! PS.. where is mondays checklist hm?????

Actually, i bet you are preggo :winkwink: :D
I'll be sure to add ya :friends:

& we must have ESP, im getting ready to post the list as we "speak" :thumbup:

CHECK LIST for Monday February 22nd, 2010:

[] Relaxation #1
[] Relaxation #2
[X] Walking
[X] Tailor Sitting
[X] Squat
[X] Butterfly
[X] Pelvic Rock #1
[X] Pelvic Rock #2
[] Pelvic Rock #3
[] Pelvic Rock #4
[ ] Pelvic Rock @ Bedtime
[X] Kegel

Well, my last day of work is March 5th, so i should be getting these activities plus the DVDs a good run. A little tough for now, but thats only a week away :winkwink: gonna try my best until then.

Oh yeah, My Bradley class is every Thursday. Not sure if i'll have time Thursday nights to post, but i will do my best to have it posted by Friday or Saturday of each week :thumbup:

So how is everyone's exercises coming along? We all getting in the recommended? Im sure having difficulty with the relaxation one :blush: i know its the easiest but i only work until 1ish so i sleep many afternoons, not sure if that counts as relaxation or not...the DH wont count it haha.

haha! Just making sure you are keeping up with it! Hun you need to do some relaxation!! I say pelvic rock #3, relax, pelvic rock #4, relax, pelvic rock @ bedtime, sleep! sounds good to me lol!!

Actually, that sounds like a great idea!
And thanks for the motivation and encouragement! Thats partly why i created this thread because i know if there are others to hold me accountable, i am much more likely to "get er done" LOL

lol I feel you! I had planned to get a weight loss ticker on here for that reason.. yeah that didnt happen and now Im getting chunky lol

haha, but you look great!
& besides that bean is gonna be taking your tummy over, so it really doesn't matter :D

I think I wouldnt mind losing weight my first tri like you did :haha: I dont want my baby bump AND blub lol! There were 2 times when I met people that were about 8 months preggo and I didnt know it till they mentioned the baby! And the second time one of the got pregnant, I knew it because she told me but then she told me someone didnt know she was pregnant and felt so bad about it!! I didnt admit it to her but beside her preggo waddle, I wouldnt have been able to tell either.. Thats one of my biggest pregnancy fears!!!

HAHA, well as a person that is on the "pleasantly plump" side :)shy:) its actually not to bad having a little extra curves :winkwink: my belly rounded up pretty quickly (maybe by week 8) didn't get bigger, but because i had the rounding effect going on, i actually looked pregnant. :thumbup: and i am all about that! :haha: i figure the best time to be chunky is to be it when you're preggo...at least i have an excuse for once in my life :rofl:

:rofl: I cant wait to have the excuse!! And I so want maternity pants! Ive tried them on once and love them!!

OMG! They are so comfortable! I may even wear them after the pregnancy :haha:

I wouldnt blame you! I was tempted to buy the ones I tried on!! My problem is all the ones I see are crazy flared jeans! Is there something wrong with straight leg maternity jeans? is there something about leg constricting that I dont know about yet?? :haha:

I bought a pair of maternity pants for work and it was such a comfortable day!!! I can see why it's hard to go back to normal pants, lol!

I had my first Bradley class today and I LOVE IT!! We went over all the exercises you mentioned so I was a little ahead of the game..hehe :)
The relaxation pose is so comfortable to me. :)

I'm gonna start doing some of this! Would be a nice way to involve DH some more too :thumbup:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't quite get the pelvic rock exercise :rofl:

Can you recommend some pregnancy yoga/exercise DVDs? I'm trying to find some decent ones...

xx

i would LOVE to do the bradley method classes but i can't find anywhere in the UK that does them, i think it is a US thing :( but will be bookmarking this thread for when i am a little further along!

i would LOVE to do the bradley method classes but i can't find anywhere in the UK that does them, i think it is a US thing :( but will be bookmarking this thread for when i am a little further along!

Did you check here:https://www.bradleybirth.com/GetTeachers.aspx?statemap=ZZ or the provisional locations? Hopefully they eventually start offering where you live. :)

Hello ladies! Well tomorrow is our next class! :D im excited...unfortunately, a "hurricane snow storm" will be hitting central Pennsylvania, so hopefully class doesn't get canceled! :wacko:

Blessed1, glad to hear about your classes! I find them exciting and interesting! Makes the pregnancy seem so much more real :) glad the exercises i mentioned helped :flow:

nightkd, :haha: yeah, im def. gonna ask the instructor to demonstrate the pelvic rocks again. I want to make sure im doing it right to benefit the most and i will for sure get back to you girls about it :friends:

As far as DvDs go, I got one of them from Wal*Mart (im from the States too). I think its called "Prenatal Yoga". Target also carries a few as well. I hear yoga is one of the best workouts for pregnancy (and swimming but not everyone has that as an option). I had to go online to order "Preggie Bellies" Apparently its very popular in Australia (thats where its from, why i had to go online). You need a birthing ball for it, but its great because it takes a lot of pressure off. I would really recommend that one and its for any stage of pregnancy. :flow:

https://www.preggibellies.com.au/shop.php

buttonnose82, sorry about the bradley classes being unavailable to you :( im not really sure that the Bradley Method is just an American thing though, mainly because 98% of all labors and deliveries use drugs in the States, so going the natural route isn't popular. I will try to provide you with as much information as i can so that you can learn :thumbup:

Ladies,
i have added you all to the cheer list :dance: keep up the good work! Also, for anyone who can't get the classes here are some great books for you to read:

"Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" by Susan McCutcheon
"Husband Coached Childbirth" by Robert A. Bradley
"The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" by La Leche League International (its a bradley group that teaches breastfeeding)

One DVD that, reguardless of what pain management route you take, you must see! Its called:
"The Happiest Baby on the Block" (its also a book) i HIGHLY recommend it, you will NOT regret it & actually i think its on youtube.com :flow:

CHECK LIST for Tuesday February 23rd, 2010:

[] Relaxation #1
[] Relaxation #2
[X] Walking
[X] Tailor Sitting
[] Squat
[] Butterfly
[X] Pelvic Rock #1
[X] Pelvic Rock #2
[] Pelvic Rock #3
[] Pelvic Rock #4
[] Pelvic Rock @ Bedtime