Join me in My Bradley Method Experiance,

something as easy as cheese and crackers or a bagel with cheese, etc.
or even a piece of fruit. Theres more protein in fruits and vegtebales than i originally thought.
You will probably find that the majority of your protein intake will be with the meals, but every thing counts.

Here is a the worksheet we use to keep track of what I eat which includes a protein counter sheet. Check it out here.

SNEAKY WAYS OF INCREASING PROTEIN IN YOUR DIET:
Milk shakes: from non-fat dry milk(reconstituted), ice, and flavorings.

Roasted soy nuts: buy in health food store or make your own. Soak soy beans in water in refrigerator for 2 nights, changing water once(use discarded water for soups or plants). Drain and roast in 300 oven on lightly oiled and salted pan until light brown.

Cheese, cheese, cheese! Add grated cheese to eggs, sandwiches, casseroles, salads, snacks: on whole wheat crackers and celery.

Cottage cheese: is the cheapest and best source of protein! Add to gelatin salad, scrambled eggs, casseroles such as lasagna and other Italian dishes, make vegetable and cracker dips out of blended cottage cheese, onions, spices.

Non-fat dry milk: add to hamburgers, meatballs, meatloaf, casseroles, and breads.

Yogurt: blend with gelatin for interesting fruit salad, use in place of sour cream for dips.

Soy flour: Add to bread(1/4C.) when baking.

Eggs: Keep hard boiled and deviled eggs in refrigerator for snacking, make custard for dessert.

Sunflower seeds: add to sandwich spreads(chicken salad) and salads.

Wheat germ: add to cereal, breads, cookies, baked goods, serve over ice cream.

Brewers Yeast: increase needed B vitamins too and helps combat fatigue. Good for milk production too.

Liver: best source of just about everything! Cook and grind to combine to hamburger.

Granola: make own from whole grain cereals(oatmeal, 4 grain cereal) wheat germ, coconut, nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon.

Combining vegetable proteins to make complete proteins: Rice + Legumes, corn + legumes, wheat + legumes, wheat + sesame + soy beans, rice + sesame, rice + brewers yeast, beans + corn, vegetables + mushrooms or nuts or sesame seeds.

Beans and corn: marinated salad of kidney beans, corn, celery, onion and Italian dressing. Serve chili with cornbread. Mexican food!

REMEMBER: Adequate protein (about 100 gr.) helps prevent edema.

DIETARY IRON Needed for blood manufacture for increased blood volume of mother and for baby. Oxygen carrying component of blood dependent on iron. Also baby stores iron in liver for postpartum life.

Good sources: liver, organ meats, whole grains, beans and peas, and corn.

Compiled by: Susan Chamberlin, AAHCC, ©2000 AAHCC
R-495

Hopes this help someone. ;)

Well, i dont have my paper sitting in front of me, but i believe i managed to get about 75 grams of protein in. Almost there!!! :D

quick question on Kegel, i feel my muscles around anus (sorry TMI) move....am i doing it right?

I was wondering the same thing.

The easiest way to know if you are doing it correctly is by urinating. When you are urinating, in the middle of your flow, try to stop the urine flow. Those muscles that stopped the flow, are the exact ones (and only ones) for Kegels. (do NOT make a habbit of this though, as it can cause UTIs if done too much).

Im not 100% sure on this. I have searched the web and it says to make sure you are not flexing any abdominal or buttocks muscles. It also said that the more muscle you gain from doing Kegels, the more pronounced the movement will become....im sorta thinking that its okay for your 'anus muscles' to contract, just make sure your butt muscles are not contracting. I will try to verify this with my instructor. :flow:

Thanks Guppy, looking forward to the reply from your instructor!

quick question on Kegel, i feel my muscles around anus (sorry TMI) move....am i doing it right?

I was wondering the same thing.

The easiest way to know if you are doing it correctly is by urinating. When you are urinating, in the middle of your flow, try to stop the urine flow. Those muscles that stopped the flow, are the exact ones (and only ones) for Kegels. (do NOT make a habbit of this though, as it can cause UTIs if done too much).

Im not 100% sure on this. I have searched the web and it says to make sure you are not flexing any abdominal or buttocks muscles. It also said that the more muscle you gain from doing Kegels, the more pronounced the movement will become....im sorta thinking that its okay for your 'anus muscles' to contract, just make sure your butt muscles are not contracting. I will try to verify this with my instructor. :flow:

Thanks Guppy, looking forward to the reply from your instructor!

Okay, so i got the scoop on the kegels. It is OKAY if your anus tightens up, just make sure that you butt muscles are NOT being tightened with it. Hope this helps :flow:

I practice kegels when DH and I are dtd (sorry if that's tmi :lol:) it can really help to tighten around something though - this way you can tell you're doing it right and gauge if your muscles are getting stronger :winkwink:

xx

I practice kegels when DH and I are dtd (sorry if that's tmi :lol:) it can really help to tighten around something though - this way you can tell you're doing it right and gauge if your muscles are getting stronger :winkwink:

xx

:haha: I do that when we're done and he is still inside.. and then he moves his parts inside me.. I had no idea he could just move it :rofl: :rofl:

xx

:haha: I do that when we're done and he is still inside.. and then he moves his parts inside me.. I had no idea he could just move it :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:!!!

*Cue snake-charmer music* :haha:

xx

:rofl:!!!

*Cue snake-charmer music* :haha:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to say... can't believe my name is'nt on the "Cheer Me On" list.

jeesh

:haha:

jkjk I'll be following you the best I can and wish you only the best of luck with your Bradly Method brith! I know you can do it babe. Very happy that you have chosen this for yourself because I know it's what you want to do. :hugs:

Hey..I just wanted to pop on here and send a word of advise..Practice that relaxation like crazy..It's harder than you would imagine..I have done Bradley with two other children, and now, with these guys(twins), I am the putterer..classic..I have been contracting for two days now, not too bad of contractions, but also, during some of the bad ones, trying to relax...Believe me, it's tough..It's not like flicking a switch on and whammo! you can relax..it really does take work..I am having a hard time...Good luck

Hi girls!
Sorry i havn't written much in here. Last week's class was on relaxation and massaging. This time, have your coach get into the relaxation position and massage him/her the way that you would like to be massaged during labor. This will clue your coach in on what you like best and feels the most comfortable. Then for the rest of the week, you relax and he massages your body as you would like. Be sure to tell him what you like and dont like. Its a time for trial and error and then once you figure out what you like, be sure to keep on practicing!

P.S. have your coach look over your body while you are relaxing. If he sees any tense muscles simply have him untense it (instead of telling you). For example, your hand is tense. He should come over and relieve that tension through massage.

Mamato2more, i pray your babies get here soon and the pain flees your body! Thank you for telling me, that i was having trouble believing it would actually make a difference, but now that it has come from a woman who has experienced labor and Bradley, i will be working diligently on it! :flow:

Also, then I'll get off my soap box, I did an experiment one time while in labor..I was in transition, and wanted to see what kind of difference the pain would be if I tensed up during the contraction, and wow...it was so much more painful! Then, I let go, and relaxed, and the pain was so much less..So, yes, it really does make a big difference...Ok..Hopping off now! Thanks Guppy!

Thanks hun! i will def. remember that!
I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us because there is no better person than one who has been through it :thumbup:

Also, then I'll get off my soap box, I did an experiment one time while in labor..I was in transition, and wanted to see what kind of difference the pain would be if I tensed up during the contraction, and wow...it was so much more painful! Then, I let go, and relaxed, and the pain was so much less..So, yes, it really does make a big difference...Ok..Hopping off now! Thanks Guppy!

Awesome info to know!! :thumbup:

Awesome info to know!! :thumbup:

I agree, Thanks! :thumbup:

Hey girls! This week's class was on mental relaxation. There are 3 components to relaxation: 1.) physical 2.) Mental 3.) Emotional.
So while you are relaxing, try to "quiet your mind". try not to think about other issues going on (what to eat for dinner, your finances, anything, just try to think happy relaxing thoughts). Music and nature sounds can help.

Here is a website i thought you might like if you are keeping track of your protein intake,etc. Its on fruits, but i have been finding myself using this site a lot!

https://www.healthalternatives2000.com/fruit-nutrition-chart.html

On another note, i think i have realized that that "MS" i had so severely, isn't actually MS :nope: But very severe acid reflux! So i have been trying to change my diet. anyone who has the same issues, there are ways to naturally relieve this:

*Take Tums
*Drink Milk
*Chew gum 30 minutes after eating (aides in saliva production which offsets acid)
* Lay on your left side (to encourage blood flow)
* Lay with an elevated head (gravity can help with acid reflux)
* Avoid acidic foods
* Try eating alkaline based foods (usually fruits)

Here is another great website on fruits to eat that can help and fruits to avoid (that can make it worse) P.S. if you are preggo, stay away from papaya. Apparently it can cause contractions if you eat too much unripened.

https://www.ehow.com/how_2305017_pick-fruits-acid-reflux-diet.html

I will be attempting to make fruit smoothies from scratch each day that incorporates these fruits. Had Banana, Pineapple today. was good and im feeling great! I think it may have helped :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->