Join me in My Bradley Method Experiance,

ok. Thanks for sharing that. So, are you getting a c-section then? If you are, when are you scheduled? Just wondering, so that we can cheer you on :friends:

Hi Guppy, after reading your post a few weeks ago, I started researching the Bradley method and surprisingly, I found a teacher in my area. I am going to sign up for her next class in August. Would love to hear your experiences and thoughts thus far with the Bradley method.

I loved it!
I learned so much. It has given me so many tools for labor and has encouraged me. Mainly instilled confidence. It has been wonderful for my husband as well. I know he will be a GREAT coach! You will def.be thankful you took the class! Fear is what causes a lot of the super tough pains in labor, and i feel as if im not as fearful. I mean im sure it will be intense and a lot of hard work, but i am confident that my body will work and do what it needs to get my baby out- naturally. A big help is also having a supportive OB/MW. We recently moved (a few weeks ago) prior to the move we had an OB that was "intervention, drugs, drugs, drugs" and thats not what we want :nope: (unless of course theres an emergency). Anyways, i was very unhappy and more fearful of birth.
But now we have moved (from PA to NH) and have a VERY supportive MW! I am so thrilled and now i know i can do this! Will keep you updated :) Have fun at class and feel free to message me if you have any questions or comments. If you have a prenatal provider that is not very supportive of this or has the "yeah, try drugs but good luck you'll probably end up with em" then i suggest finding a new doctor!

GL :friends:

Thanks Guppy...I'll have to find out where my doctor stands on the issue. Good luck!

Hello ladies. I just got updated on all 5 of the other girls in my Bradley class.
Everyone has had their babys now!...well except for me :wacko: but i can't wait until August :)

Each lady had very different labors, time and plans varied of course, but they all had their natural, unmedicated birth! They each did wonderful and expressed their journeys well.
As long as i can have my unmedicated birth, the class had a 100% success rate. And i am very confident that i can have that and achieve that. It was very uplifting and encouraging.

So it IS possible! And every single one of them said that learning what they did in class got them through as did their coach :D

Update:
SarahMelissa had her sweet little baby boy last week. I won't go into too many details as I'm sure she will have her full birth story on BnB, but just for a little encouragement to you gals, she went through 20 hours of labor naturally and unmedicated! :yipee: you go girl!!!. It ended in an emergency c-section, but sounds like she did a very beautiful and amazing job!

Congratulations on your baby and your hard work SarahMelissa!

Girls, if you have had you babies, please update me so I can update the front page and feel free to share details of your birth experience :)
I know some of you other gals have had your beans, but i dont have the information so you'll have to let me know for the update ;)

Just wanted to let everyone know that my hubby and I are doing the Bradley method too. Our class starts Sept. 9. I'll give ya an update after every class. I bought the book, but havent't had a chance to read it yet...

rai- that sounds wonderful! You wont regret it!!!! :thumbup:

AFM- still waiting on the babe! can't wait. Will update you girlies about labor and delivery once he decides to make an appearance ;)

Ooo, you're so close guppy!

rai, I'm a fellow November Sparkler...we started classes last Thursday and I'm so excited!! By the time we finish we'll be weeks away from meeting our little man!

Well I finally got the book! Took ages for the library to get it & now I'm 33 +6:dohh: never mind. I've read about 1/2 the book already, just kind of gobbled it up. It's great! I have to start practising relaxing I think. I haven't really given the squats and pelvic rock a real good go but with my OH telling me it's time to start now (he kind of says I left it a bit too late but better late than never I say!) I'm sure I can give this more consideration than I did before. I'm going to look for classes in Sept in England if there are any as I'm not too sure about some of the exercises . . .

This sounds very interesting, I'm going to read up on it and most probably give it a try. I'm not sure if they do classes in my area though, will have a google and also ask my midwife.

I had alot of pain relief with my first daughter and im sure that is why i lost control, couldnt cope and wasnt listening to the doctors and ended up having a forceps delivery. Second time i just had gas and air and was alot more focussed and aware of my body.
I'm all for giving anything natural a go! :thumbup:

Am having lots of bleeding problems (friable cervix) so hopefully it wont affect that.

Hi Ladies! :wave:

starsunshine- wow! took the library long enough to get that book in! I find it very intriguing and practically read the entire book in one sitting HAHA

Angel_Dust- I am sure you will do fantastic!

Yeah it took ages bout 10 weeks I think since I came on here saying I'd give it a go! I'm really trying to get these exercises in every day & am planning on using just G&A in the later stages - I really don't want any other meds as they're so scary!!!!!!!
Not long till you pop yours out guppy - 3 days to go (if only they came on time sigh!) it must be exciting to be that close.

Its VERY exciting! I can't believe the time is FINALLY here! I know im gonna bring a baby home within the next 2 weeks, but sometimes that is so hard to fathom!
I have a feeling he will be a couple days late, but maybe i'll be happily surprised.
I am completly sick right now with cold/allergy symtpoms, and our car window is broken, and my little sister is coming to visit tomorrow from Pennsylvania (a 10 hour drive) so it would only be fitting if he came this weekend! (Murphy's Law :wacko:) haha

oh wow, I hope you feel better soon, that must really suck. Babies are quite intuitive though so I bet for sat afternoon!!!!

:wohoo: TODAY IS MY DUE DATE!!!!! :yipee:

Please send me some https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/smturdo/TTC%20or%20PG%20Blinkies/Wannabe%20Mommies/labour4btz.gif

Im still feeling a little sick, but not as bad as i was. Hope i get to meet my LO soon! :cloud9:

:wohoo::wohoo: I'm sending a whole bunch of labor :dust: your way.

Thank you! I'll take all i can get! :D
I would return the favor, but i think you probably want your bean to bake a little longer :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->