Jpmbb wrap, worth it?

lillme

Reaction score
I went to a sling meet and they advised that the jpmbb wrap would be best suited to my needs. There is only a couple of sites for the UK suppliers and most people seem to have gone for a moby. Has anyone any experiences?
I'm new to babywearing but hope to get it in advance to practice

I've honestly never heard of these before, but looking at them, they don't look any different than a moby wrap. Is there a reason they recommended this specific one? They seem to market them as being easier because you can tie them first and pop baby in and out whenever you need, but that's exactly what you'd do with a moby. The cost is roughly similar, give or take a bit, and depending on if you'd need it shipped from France (added shipping costs). To me, it looks similar enough to a moby that if a moby is easier to get and cheaper, I'd go with that, unless there was a specific reason they seem to think this one would work better, but it's not really obvious to me looking at them what the difference would be.

Thank you for your response, they state that their unique weave makes them different from other stretchy wraps stating:
The JPMBB wrap is the only one that stretches in every direction: vertically, horizontally and diagonally. This makes Pocket Wrap Cross Carry more flexible than with other fabrics. Even if there are several layers of fabric in this carry, Baby is held evenly with a harmonious tension, while the lower layers of fabric keep their stretch.
Woven, 100% cotton wraps (cross twill) can only stretch a bit diagonally. They are soft and firm at the same time, that's optimum for Baby's and wrapper's comfort in Kangaroo Carries, where there's only one layer of fabric on Baby's back.
Knit, 100% cotton wraps that only stretch lengthwise aren't ideal for Cradle Carries that need the fabric to stretch widthwise. This uneven stretch, and the fact that they are often quite narrow, makes them harder to use with a bigger Baby.
The fact that the stretch comes from the weaving and not the fiber can lead to sagging when the wrap is used frequently with a heavier child.
Even though the moby has 5% spandex apparently it doesn't hold the same elasticity so eventually stretches and sags!
You can get them from UK suppliers and we actually have a baby shop in Northern Ireland thays supply. I guess they aren't that we'll known.

JPMBB stretch like you wouldn't believe! They really do stretch every which way and need to be tied very tightly before you put baby in, which makes them very secure but a bit of a faff to start with! They can be used to carry a toddler comfortably (bw consultant friend of mine could happily carry her 2 year old in it!) and are the only stretchy wrap that can be safely used for back carries too (though I would be way too nervous to!). I would say they are worth the money but if you choose to go with a different brand then look for one with a 2 way stretch rather than 1 way, as a moby is.

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->