• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July 2016 Rainbows

I totally should have logged in during chess club after school today. By the time I was finished cleaning up, showering, and grading papers it was past 9pm! DH and I are going to our doctor in two days. He is going to check levels and discuss progesterone with us. He has told us (through online messages) that might help but won't cause any harm. It's hard to read his feelings about it over text, so we want to talk in person. He said it would be a vaginal suppository. What do you girls know about this? What would you do? He's just leaving it up to us saying it's an option if we want to "try something". I just want this soooooo bad! All of the testing I had after the second loss showed nothing.

I'll try to get on earlier tomorrow.

I'm straight up asking for progesterone. My friend said it helped her even though her doc said she didn't really need it. It helped her relax a bit. My doc tested my progesterone before I was pregnant and said it was ok but not great.

This is going to be a stupid question but what does the progesterone do?

It helps the embryo survive by thickening your uterine lining and preventing your immune system from rejecting the baby

Can I jump in too please? Edd is June 27th so I'm much closer date wise to you ladies.

Hi lil Pixie!

I had such a bad night's sleep... Dreaming about what happened last time and waking up sweating but being relieved that it's all just a dream.

Anyone else not feeling pregnant?! I have slightly sore bbs still but other than that - nothing!! Not even cramping anymore. No stretching pains either.

Anyone know when round ligament pain is to set in? xx

Apart from the fatigue kicking my butt i dont feel anything and bloating is becoming ridiculous and im only 4w5d
Don't get me wrong i do enjoy it

Even my bloating has gone... And I am not hungry at all today!

I just called my obgyn office and the receptionist laughed when I said I was so worried and can't sleep etc. She said she doesn't have experience with it but if I can't stop worrying I should come in and bring lots of time as I might have to wait hours!!

I cried when I hung up as she laughed at me!!! How can you laugh at someone who says she is worried about having a mc again!!??? :sad2:

If my dr wouldn't be so lovely, I'd change straight away... I wish the other receptionist would have picked up!!! She's so much nicer.

Got a go to work now, hope I can stop worrying for a while. xx

This is going to be a stupid question but what does the progesterone do?

I'm copying in an explanation from the Internet. I know it is definitely given if you are going through IVF, but it isn't a definite if you conceive naturally. I think we're leaning toward going with it, but I feel like our Doctor is offering it more for peace of mind. The treatments only go until around week 12 because the placenta should begin producing it around week 8.

Progesterone is secreted by the empty egg follicle after ovulation has occurred, known as the corpus luteum. It is highest during the last phases of the menstrual cycle, after ovulation. Progesterone causes the endometrium to secrete special proteins to prepare it for the implantation of a fertilized egg. When fertilization does not occur, it prevents the body from creating and releasing more eggs in the later stages of the menstrual cycle.If conception has occurred, progesterone becomes the major hormone supporting pregnancy, with many important functions. It is responsible for the growth and maintenance of the endometrium. It also suppresses further maturation of eggs by preventing release of LH and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone).

Also not feeling super positive today. I took another test (cheap bulk online order type), and the line is still showing up but not getting darker. Trying to stay positive is so difficult. :nope:

My line didn't get any darker for days! Then suddenly it went darker than the control line. I have left it alone now

I'm testing once a day till the weekend just to make sure then I'm done with the testing. Too stressful! Today's was so much darker than yesterday tho so feeling positive at the mo.

Still haven't told dh! Am thinking I may just send him a text "hey I'm pregnant, again!" Haha!!

Also not feeling super positive today. I took another test (cheap bulk online order type), and the line is still showing up but not getting darker. Trying to stay positive is so difficult. :nope:

Try not to worry Hun, those cheap ones take ages to show real progression. :hugs:

I'm testing once a day till the weekend just to make sure then I'm done with the testing. Too stressful! Today's was so much darker than yesterday tho so feeling positive at the mo.

Still haven't told dh! Am thinking I may just send him a text "hey I'm pregnant, again!" Haha!!

I took the test and immediately sent him the picture like "look at this" :haha: poor fella was at work ahaha

haha! Bless. I think I've held back telling dh as it makes it all more real once he's in the know as well!!

My first test I got the teeniest squint line ever. Me and dh stared at it for ages like it held the secrets of the universe lol. I told him I'd considered not telling him until I was sure and he got in a right hump with me :haha: he was really upset that I might have gone to bed knowing there was a possibility and he wouldn't have known. As it was neither of us slept all night :dohh:

Haha! Ah what a sweetie your dh is!

Mine just replied "oh f**k! Hehe"

That's it he knows now! This is real!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116