July 2016 Rainbows

And another "funny" nights sleep.

Woke up several times but had to hold my wee in, to take the digi with proper fmu. Also had some boob issues at night. I'd love to still sleep on my front but boobs say nooooo!

And yay, it came up with 2-3!!! :happydance:

I know when I ovulated so this should be right on track, what do you think? Ov on cd 18/19 (not 14) - makes me 4+5/6??!

Wishing everyone a good day, weekend soon!!!!! x

It's dragging right now but I think the rest of the year will fly by for me. I've got Xander's birthday and my 30th coming up before Christmas. And I've not even thought about Xander's birthday party yet! Bum. I need more time lol.

Tea and coffee isn't making me feel sick yet but it must be on its way because I haven't had a single brew today and I am usually obsessed with coffee. I've had some hot water and hot vimto haven't bothered with a proper brew at all. Maybe when I look at a cup of coffee and feel sick to my stomach I'll start to really believe it :haha:

Go my mum's birthday party tonight. I'm so tired . . . Hope I can skip out early.

Ohhh the big three zero! I'm dreading that one! Are you going to embrace it haha ?

You lot are babies! I hit 35 a few weeks back. I feel old! Lol

I have my booking in appointment on Friday 13th November. That's not a bad omen is it?! Xx

So I took my digi with proper fmu today too but still got 1-2. Then I got to thinking.... I am pretty sure I implanted at 7dpo based on my temps. I did some research and came across an old post on bnb. It eased all my worries I had 100%.... Here is the post:

This is a very long post so sorry for boring you with my nerdy moment and feel free to skip to the last couple of paragraphs if you CBA to read the big explanation.
I absolutely HATE CB Digi. It's the conception indicator i hate most. I think it's just another expensive thing to stress pregnant women out.
I see so many women using these things to 'monitor' their hcg level to make sure they are still pregnant and it saddens me. These poor women are so stressed over it unnesecarily. And they shouldn't be if they knew how they work! (Feel free to skip this part if you aren't interested in HCG levels/pregnancy test lesson)
For those who aren't as nerdish as me, A non pregnant woman (And this is a very simplified as short as poss way of explaining all this!) can typically have a level of 1 - 5 ml/u of HCG in her system. This is the first big thing that can influence the results of any test and makes it absolutely impossible to know exactly how far gone you are just from HCG levels - Even with a quantative blood test which is the ONLY accurate way to monitor HCG levels, But because [as the following two scenarios show] there is such a massive margain between what are considered 'normal' levels for a pregnant woman even if they implant on the same day it's very difficult to tell how far they are even with a QBT!
So in scenario one, We have a woman who has 1ml/u of HCG in her system in a non - pregnant state. We shall say implantation is 8 days post ovulation. So, HCG typically doubles every 48 hours - So on 8dpo hcg is starting at 1ml/u
10dpo it doubles to 2ml/u
12 dpo - doubles again to 4mlu
14dpo - 8ml/u
16dpo - 16ml/u
18dpo - 32ml/u
20dpo - 62ml/u
22dpo - 124ml/u
So here you have a 5 weekish pregnant woman with 124ml/u of hcg in her system. A very sensitive pregnancy test could pick it up around 15 - 16dpo. CB digi would not detect it until 19/20dpo and would count it as low levels and probably say 1 - 2 weeks which is not right for her dates - Pregnant woman stresses, Takes more tests which cost a fortune!
In another scenario you have a woman who in her non pregnant state has 5ml/u of hcg in her system. She conceives and again implantation is on 8 days post ovulation. So starting with 5ml/u at 8dpo;
10dpo it doubles to 10ml/u
12 dpo - doubles again to 20mlu
14dpo - 40ml/u
16dpo - 80ml/u
18dpo - 160ml/u
20dpo - 320ml/u
22dpo - 640ml/u
So, Now we have two women, Both conceived and implanted on the same dpo but Woman number 1 wouldn't find out until 15/16dpo with a very senstive test, but woman number 2 would be able to find out at just 10dpo with a very sensitive test. CB digi for her would pick up higher levels of HCG and most likely tally with her dates as it would pick it up around 15dpo and probably say 1 - 2 or 2 - 3 which would be correct!
I have lost the will to live from explaining to people exactly why HCG levels cannot in any way be monitored accurately with urine tests - You can only tell from a quantative blood test exactly how much or if it's rising properly or not as so much influences a urine test - Even down to room temperature! Liquid intake, dye in the test[For none digi], reactants are all factors that influence results.
Big well done if you have got through my nerdy boring post!

So based on this information I should be right on track and expect a 2-3 reading anywhere from 18dpo -22dpo depending on when I implanted. This is of course going off of the assumption that I started with 3hcg (which is what I ended with after my mc in Jan. so glad my mind has been put to ease! Hope this helps others!!!

You lot are babies! I hit 35 a few weeks back. I feel old! Lol

I have my booking in appointment on Friday 13th November. That's not a bad omen is it?! Xx
I'm 34... We can be "older" expecting mom's together!

Hahaha, am I one of the younger ones here? I am turning 28 next week (November 4th) :p

Can i join please?? I'm due 7th July and i will be 37 when i give birth :O x

I don't usually feel very young anymore, you ladies have made my day :haha:

I'm really looking forward to being 30. 29 was a really shitty year and I can't wait to put some space between me and this whole stupid year. I was planning a big night out for my 30th. Now I think I'll go for a family meal instead :)

I don't usually feel very young anymore, you ladies have made my day :haha:

I'm really looking forward to being 30. 29 was a really shitty year and I can't wait to put some space between me and this whole stupid year. I was planning a big night out for my 30th. Now I think I'll go for a family meal instead :)

That's how I feel about 27

I think that turning 30 was a huge year for me in a good way... I finally started to feel like I was in control.. And every year since has just made me more sure of the person I am. Sometimes when people ask my age I have to stop and think and when I say 34 I am kinda shocked because in the grand scheme of things 34 is so young! Did a lot of time working with geriatrics and if I learned anything it's 20 can be old and 100 can be young! (except if you're pregnant... 34 is damn near ancient... Hahahaha) whatever I embrace it...

I only turned 27 last month! I am dreading 30. Don't feel like I have got enough done. I think not owning my home is my biggest bother. I do have a child in junior school though so I think that makes me feel older... Hard to explain haha.

I am 26, turning 27 in July. And I feel much older - all of my friends are 35+ which is nice.

Still not feeling majorly pregnant, hope I survive the next 6 days until my scan... Hubby is trying to get the afternoon off and my friend is going to watch the twins. I don't want to be alone at the appt. x

I know we have had this discussion about how test progression isn't really a very good way to monitor that things are going ok... I know I know... But I had one last test... Figured I'd take it... It is way (and I mean waaaaaay) darker than the one from last week. I honestly don't think it can get any more positive. Ok I'm going to (try) to enter chill out mode now. P.s. don't know why my pic is upside down :/

Attachments

• 1446294608981.jpg
    1446294608981.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly