July 2017 babies!

Gagrl- so cute! Can't wait to see everything all put together when it gets in :)
That looks lovely :flower:
Gagrl - Looks great! Can't wait to see how it all goes together :)

I spent some time unpacking a few more boxes from our move, trying to sort the girls room. At some point I plan to drag out all the boxes from storage of Amelia's outgrown clothes to inventory what I have for Madelyn... what a daunting task!

How did the move go? Sorting clothes is always stressful!

We've been in our new house for over a month now and it's starting to feel like home, we spent the first 3 weeks doing diy, painting and sorting. We had family help out a lot so the whole house/unpacking is done, it was a pretty intense couple of weeks!

We did a ton of spring cleaning this weekend and went through all the kids clothes that are too small. Also took out all the winter clothes even though it's still a little cold here. I figured we better do it while I'm nesting or it won't get done. Ended up with 5 large lawn and leaf bags of clothes to store. I didn't know we had so many clothes!

We also got some baby gear set up for Emma and bought a second hand bassinet for $10. Took it apart and washed it all up. Pretty nice for the price.

I need to get the car seat washed up and finish my hospital bag. Hopefully the nesting will last long enough or come back in time to get everything done. Can't believe it's may already!

How did the move go? Sorting clothes is always stressful!

We've been in our new house for over a month now and it's starting to feel like home, we spent the first 3 weeks doing diy, painting and sorting. We had family help out a lot so the whole house/unpacking is done, it was a pretty intense couple of weeks!

The move was exhausting, we're still unpacking lol. Awesome that your home is feeling like home now, I can't imagine doing so much diy and painting! Whenever my in laws come to "help" us unpack they just end up playing with DD while I unpack - which I guess is helping since it keeps our busy 2 year old out of the way :haha:

Blessed - Oh my goodness! You accomplished a lot! Yay for getting baby gear set up :) I LOVE second hand goods, I'm a total thrift shop junkie.

We should all share what we're going to pack in our hospital bags!! :) I know I probably wont even begin to start packing it until the end of May/beginning of June but I want to start making a list. With DD1 we left for the hospital without the bag and didn't really need it until it was time to go home. Although MIL did have to bring DH clothes and our bathroom necessities :haha:

I've already started packing my hospital bag :haha:

I've got maternity pads and mini shampoo/body wash in there, a towel and baby's going home outfit.

I feel so far behind.. I hadn't even started thinking of packing my bag yet.

you don't really need to pack for ages I just can't help myself with buying clothes :haha: and I always have such heavy postnatal bleeding that I buy loads of maternity pads every time they're on offer!

Vaniila you are on top of it! Good thinking on the maternity pads! With my first I got induced at 38 weeks and procrastinated getting them that my MIL had to run out at buy me some while we were in the hospital :shy: Thankfully we were in the hospital for quite a few days so I was loaded up with those fashionable hospital mesh panties:haha:

Gagrl - nonsense! I only started thinking of it this week because a friend of mine is due with twins very close to my date and was told to pack hers now just in case. I just want to make a list of things I should start gathering. :)

My hospital gave me a packing list when we had our tour.. Put if you google there are a bunch of print outs you can get with a great list..

I would have liked mesh pants, here they only have giant not too absorbent ones in hospital, I seem to get borderline worrying bleeding though, I went through 7 pairs or trousers on the first day home :wacko: I basically need to change just over every hour for the first few days so thats
a loooot of pads!:sick:

That's really good that they give out lists, we don't get anything like that here but you do need to take everything in yourself, I know in America some hospitals provide a lot but here the only thing you'll get are medically needed things - dressings etc

Okay I know its weird but honestly the best thing ever is Depends after birth! They dont leak out the sides etc it's amazing! I only wear them for the really heavy days right after birth. But to sleep in etc so awesome!

Okay I know its weird but honestly the best thing ever is Depends after birth! They dont leak out the sides etc it's amazing! I only wear them for the really heavy days right after birth. But to sleep in etc so awesome!
sounds brilliant , what is it?

Dragonfly- I love thrift stores too! And weirdly I really like those mesh undies. They are so comfy after having a baby. I always ask for extra so I have plenty for the first week.

My 'packing' of my hospital bag I have been doing for a couple months now. I haven't actually packed it in the traditional sense. Really I just throw a bag in the bottom of my closet and as I get things I toss it in the bag. When I think I have everything l go through it all and organize it.

Really most of the things you pack here will be preference things and those lists are way more than you'll need or use. They pretty much provide everything for mom and baby and send you home with tons of extras. Would love to see what everyone is packing!! I'll get a list of what's in mine on here soon. I know I don't have everything I want in there yet.

sounds brilliant , what is it?

They are the disposable underwear for bladder issues lol. I felt so awkward buying them, but they are super comfy and I won't do it any other way. Ill order online this time lol.

Blessedmomma - I love them too :haha: I'd rather have those on than my regular underwear while bleeding. I didn't think to request extra, they just said I could take what was left when I was being discharged and there weren't many. Maybe this time I'll stash them and just keep requesting more like those hotel shampoo bottles :haha:

Parkep - I didn't try those, although it was tempting! Maybe I'll try them this time around :) Good idea on buying online - those could be awkward lol

So this is what I'm thinking I'll be packing:
  • loose comfy clothes for after
  • changes of clothes for hubby
  • clothes for baby - just a couple outfits or gowns
  • wipes - I didn't like the hospitals wipes last time
  • pillows - hated the hospital pillows, couldn't get comfy
  • shampoo and soap
  • toothbrush/other bathroom necessities
  • pads

:rofl: dragonfly- definitely request more!

My last birth was at a birthing center where they didn't provide anything. I seriously ordered those mesh undies online and tons of them so I still have some left :blush: I got them from a home birth supply store online and I also ordered some swabs to see if your water has broke so I could check at home instead of going in if I thought it had. Labor doesn't start for me when my water breaks so I hate wondering or going in to find out it hasn't. They came in very handy.

I have no shame, I'll happily go and bulk buy them :haha: (the big incontinence pants, if they work that's all that matters!)

Lol the Depends? Oh they work awesome. I had to google during my last pregnancy to make sure that it was a good suggestion i received haha. Turns out lots of women use them! Depends Silhouette are the best

Things are going so quick!!

I started packing my hospital bag since we've been moving and it was easier to just start packing it.

So far I have:
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Shampoo and conditioner
Deodorant
Slippers
Flip-flops
Leggings
Flowery shirt
No slip socks
Pj lounging outfit
Two nursing bras
Ten depends

I still need to get a small bag together with peanuts stuff... And a binky since my hospital doesn't give them out any longer because they don't want to cause nipple confusion. I'll pack the remaining stuff after our shower this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->