July 2017 Buddies

It is going by very quickly! I can hardly wrap my head around it. Thank you hopefully I'm not sick. It's sucks because I love food lol

Had my first midwife appt today, had to rush it a bit as she was running really later and I had to pick up DD from nursery. If we're late collecting we get fined. The appt went well anyway, just got to wait for my scan date sometime in January now, then won't see her officially until February.

You won't have a scan until January?! That seems so far away!! Hell I've already seen my baby and I'm counting down to when I get to see them again. I should get to hear the heartbeat on the 29th and then I'll get to see them on the Jan 5th.

We don't get a scan until 12-14 weeks, but we've paid for a private one in just over two weeks time. I couldn't bare to wait until the nhs one but a lot of people think we're silly for paying for an early one rather than just waiting.
I've got a home Doppler so I'll hopefully hear the heartbeat at home in a few weeks time but we won't get to hear it with the midwife until either 16wks or 28wks depending on if she agrees to try at the 16wk appt, I hear some won't in case they can't find it. As this is my second time around I'll get fewer appointments, I'll likely only see her 5 or 6 more times before I deliver, plus two hospital scans.

That's crazy to think about!! We get an 8week scan here and then a12 week, a 20 week scan and I believe a 32 week one as well. But I believe I get to hear the heartbeat each time I go to the doctors. I don't think you are crazy at all for paying for one early!! I see my doctor every 4 weeks and then it goes to every other week and then once I'm 32 weeks it's every week I believe that's what they said. I was so happy to see and hear the heartbeat last week it really helped me relax about my pregnancy some.

Hi ladies! Due 29th July over here! Very sick all day and struggling to hide it at work :( hope everyone is well. Xx

I know one of my friend's daughters is having twins so she's having fortnightly if not weekly appointments between her GP, consultant and midwife, but she's classed as high risk. I guess they trust those who are low risk to contact them if there's a problem and just to check in every month or so.
I'm glad getting to hear the heartbeat helped you relax, I can't wait until I can start using mine!

Hi mummapie! Sorry you're suffering with sickness. Did you have a lot of ms with your first? I hope you get some relief soon!

Hi mummapie! Sorry you're suffering with sickness. Did you have a lot of ms with your first? I hope you get some relief soon!

I felt sick with DS but don't remember being sick this much! It really seems a lifetime ago, I don't remember feeling so exhausted either haha.

Oh I certainly wasn't this exhausted with DD and I was working full time at the time. I just can't seem to keep my eyes open. No matter how early I go to bed, I still feel like I haven't had enough sleep. But I'm also getting up at least twice for the loo so the broken sleep probably doesn't help! Lol

My husband isn't home- he's on a work trip and I plan on going to bed in a half hour!! What a beautiful thing... I can't wait! Early bedtimes are amazing.

Today I felt rough this morning and actually gagged at one point- but actually had a sandwich from a sandwich shop (they cut their meat fresh and I had it heated!) and it was sooooo amazing! I finally had a substantial serving of protein and my stomach feels so much better!! Usually after 5 I feel more nauseous- today I feel AMAZING!

I also discovered that tic tacs are good when I have a lot of patients and can't snack in between. I'm slowly figuring out this food aversion/nausea.... until baby decides it doesn't want tic tacs anymore....

I feel everyone on being tired 😴. I could sleep all the time. It's getting a bit better though.

Nausea has definitely kicked in these past couple of days. My sleeping habits are getting worse and I had a horrible dream last night that I was bleeding heavily. I'm counting down the days until my reassurance scan now. My 12 week scan date came through this morning, 11th January. We're allowed to take DD to that one with us, the hospital I had DD at didn't allow children to scans, but I'm not sure if we'll take her yet.

That's good! I feel you on the dreams.... before my 8week scan I had a dream the baby stopped developing but all was well st my scan. My 12week scan is the 5th so about a week before you. But I'll be 13 weeks at my scan. So glad you got your appointment though!!

I was spotting yesterday. Brown spotting. Light- for a few hours. I know how common it is and I know brown is okay. Still worried me- especially since I felt better yesterday.... no "hangover" pregnant feeling. I am praying hard that little bug is okay. We go for our first ultrasound Wednesday. I'm just so hopeful that everything will be okay.

I'm sure everything will be okay! I had some light pink spotting for an hour or so two days before my scan and all was well. But it is scary! Just remember sometimes symptoms come and go at least that's what I'm doctor told me and to not stress over it.

Question for your ladies do things taste different to you guys? I had a meltdown the other night because I was eating dinner but nothing was fading right.

Sorry you've had some spotting joie, but it's promising that you haven't had anything further since. With my mc, the brown spotting turned to pink then to red within that evening. It then took a further two days to get to full flow and lose the baby, but there was no break in the spotting/bleeding from the first moment. Brown spotting is extremely common in early pregnancy, just try and take it easy until Wednesday and I hope everything is perfect on your ultrasound.

Symptoms definitely come and go. My biggest fluctuating symptom is my sore boobs. I panicked yesterday because I woke up without sore boobs and I felt really great. By 3pm I felt like hell though.

My taste is starting to revert back to normal I think. I had a period where I hated tea, it just tasted wrong, but now I'm back to enjoying my daily morning cup. The one thing I can't seem to stomach is sweet things. DH ate most of my dessert tonight as I really didn't enjoy it.

DH has started referring to the baby as Worm because he says I eat like I have worms right now. DD was Pumpkin throughout my pregnancy, and if this one is a boy (like DH secretly hopes) I think Worm is likely to stick for most of his childhood :haha:

My taste definitely come and go with things tasting okay to not tasting okay lol.

My taste is okay but my sense of smell has heightened. The prenatals are killing me... I have to hold my breath when I open the bottle...

Last night there was a little bit of brown spotting. Same this morning.
I'm grateful that it hasn't worsened, and that it's just brown spotting. But I'm sad every time I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->