July Babies!

I have only got sorted this weekend. Have packed baby's bag - around 10 nappies, cotton wool, 3 babygros and 3 vests, hats, couple of muslins and a blanket.
My bag is more of a work in progress with a list of stuff that won't go in until we go like slippers, washbag and clothes. Feel better for having it started though.

I've washed a load of babies bits today so once they are dry I can pack babies bag. Think I'll feel a bit better then!

Been back in hospital today for high bp. Theyve put me on tablets to reduce it now. But feeling great!

Glad they are doing something bilboi. Are they planning to induce or just wait til you go on your own?

Oh Harriet how fun!!!! I hope that babe stays put to get nice and strong, but I am so excited for you to have it too!

Thanks for the advice. I really just need to make my game plan and calmly ask dh to present it to MIL. It is better to get it out of the way now and get it where dh and I agree.

I packed a bag for the babe last night. I haven't picked out outfits, but I put in diapers, wipes, hats, mittens and socks. Hospitals are so cold!

Glad they are doing something bilboi. Are they planning to induce or just wait til you go on your own?

They wont induce unless it gets more serious. Some midwives say finish work now, some say its ok to go on!

Today is my first day of two weeks vacation before my ML starts. My bag is packed and so are the babies. Honestly I've repacked them twice so far on the weekend, and I am sure I will again and again. All I have left to do before she gets here is wash her diapers which I will start tomorrow and sterilize my breast pump and such. I am glad I am not working anymore, today she is being such a wiggler its making me incredibly nauseated.

I think I have packed and repacked mine and baby's bag about 5 times now :) Starting to get really nervous... 17 days to go.

peacelikeariv- just be firm with your wishes... there will be plenty of time in the future for your MIL to see baby... if spending time with just the three of you is important to you then people should respect that and understand.

Biliboi- glad you are feeling ok and they are trying to control your pressure. How often are they monitoring you?

Beanhunter- beautiful bump and the nursery is lovely!

Harriet- I had a few pretty intense contractions a few days ago, but then nothing since then. I hope you are able to get lots of rest!

I am pretty much laying around on the couch doing nothing today. Still the contractions continue, but sporadically and sometimes with an hour or more between them, so I'm not feeling like anything is happening right now. I have a non-stress test tomorrow, so I will talk to the Dr. again about what all has been happening. I hope she stays in there for at least another week or two, but I guess she will come when she wants. I suppose I really should be in there sorting out a bag for the hospital shouldn't I? lol I haven't even bought a diaper bag yet (or any diapers!) so baby's bag is gonna be kinda hard to get sorted out isn't it? Geesh, I feel very unprepared right at the moment.

I have my bag pretty much packed.. I know Ill be staying only a night or two after the baby is born and with our DD I didnt do anything but change into pjs after delivering her and having a going home outfit for myself hahaha Im sure I had a hairbrush but the hospital provides you with pretty much EVERYTHING you need for the baby except the going home outfit. Im so excited, We toured our hospital here today! Its getting closer!!

I haven't even bought going home outfits yet. In fact I haven't bought anything for this baby yet. OHHH I guess I should start looking. LOL

HarrietO - hope your test went well. i lost some of my plug over a couple of days around week 31. i also started having BH that week and for about 2 days they came like clockwork every 10 minutes which totally freaked me out. everything is ok though. bub is still tucked safely away and my BH calmed down once i stopped working.

i've pretty much done my hospital bags (i have 2!) it's all stuff for me though as the hospital provide literally everything for the baby except a going home outfit. we haven't got anything fancy for bringing him home, just a warm fuzzy onsie as it's winter here. it's cute though, it's cream with little ears on the hood.

i'm starting to freak out. i have a good friend who was due 3 weeks before me and she had her baby girl yesterday. that means it's my turn now! i'm so excited about being a mum but so not ready for labour!!

Im definitely ready for this baby to get here!! We toured our hospital yesterday and it makes it much more real and Im ready, it seems my body is gearing up as well because I had about 7 to 8 contractions throughout the day yesterday! Everything is cleaned and the bassinet is all set up I have all the cloth wipes made.. Im just READY hahaha

Ok ladies. Looks like I'm gonna be the first to go. Water broke about an hour & a half ago. 3 cm dilated w/ contractions about 3 min apart. 60% effaced. Just thought I'd check in since I've got nothing to so except wait now. I hope you guys can hold off a bit longer than me. Looks like my little Claire wants to come a month early!

OMG!!!! I hope your labour and birth goes smoothly.. sending you positive labour vibes!!!! Good luck! Can't wait to hear about your little one!!!! :flower:

Good luck!

My bp medication which i started taking yest is making my boobs hurt!

Good luck Ali!! Really excited for you hun, you are about to meet your baby!! Yay for our first group arrival! Can't wait to hear news xx

Ok ladies. Looks like I'm gonna be the first to go. Water broke about an hour & a half ago. 3 cm dilated w/ contractions about 3 min apart. 60% effaced. Just thought I'd check in since I've got nothing to so except wait now. I hope you guys can hold off a bit longer than me. Looks like my little Claire wants to come a month early!

wowsers! praying for a quick and safe delivery. can't wait to see your little girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->