July Babies!

Ahh the first July baby! (although she's actually a June baby! :haha:) Congratulations hun! :hugs:

Finished work today! Just an essay to write, then he can arrive!

Hey ladies! how is everyone feeling? any more good signs of labor yet? Im feeling crampy and my back is KILLING me today.. ugh. Im glad I have a midwife appt in 2 days so I can get checked!

Yup, the cramping comes and goes and the BH are getting more frequent. I see the doc on Wed. I would love to be induced early, or atleast sent for another growth scan to see how much they think she weighs now. My biggest fear is going into labour and having to push out a baby over 10lbs!!

Saw the consultant again today, and she said as long as the BP tablets keep my BP below 90 and there is no protein in urine, then they will let me be. So off to midwife for a check again on Thurs.

Just got to write this damn essay then I can relax!

Hey Gals! We go for our u/s tomorrow to check tiny girl's kidneys yet again. They are going to measure her growth as well.

Can they tell if I have dilated any from an u/s? I am getting mixed opinions on this...

wow I cant belive we already have our first July baby, congradulations
now it will be exiting to see who gose next. I got my c-section date as July
6th so only 18 more days to go unless I go into labor by myself then they said they will take him then.
I just hope he gives me at least 12 days cause my baby shower is on the 30th but I went from 20% to 75% effaced in a week with just sitting on my booty and contracting. so I"m wondering were I'll be at next apt on thursday.
hope every one is having a great day

Sammycaine, there are so many positive stories from women who had 10lb babies and were perfectly fine :) your body is making a baby that it can handle! keep thinking positive!
Oh my goodness Im having hot flashes like its my job!!! its 64 degrees right now and Im in a tank top and shorts and sweating! :wacko: Ive also had about 7 contractions today.. I cant wait to see if they have done anything to dilate or efface.. my appt isnt until Wednesday though BLEH

they don't seem to check how effaced etc you are here. i'm coming up on 39 weeks haven't been checked yet, and i've seen two different docs (my usual one was busy delivering a baby last week!). all i know is baby is 'well down' as confirmed by doc and the pain in my pelvis!
sammycaine don't worry about the size. i'm expecting a whopper too and i keep hearing more and more stories about big babies being just as easy or easier to deliver that little ones. it's like they're more prepared for labour.
i'm ready for him to come now, i'm so unbelievably uncomfortable. last night my sciatic nerve went and rolling over in bed was so painful it made me cry. neither DH or i got much sleep but i feel so bad for him as i can sit on the sofa and feel sorry for myself, but he has to go to work!

My midwife says she doesn't check because she says that even if I was at two I could stay that way for a while. So she says that there is no reason for her to it.

My midwife says she doesn't check because she says that even if I was at two I could stay that way for a while. So she says that there is no reason for her to it.

i guessed that was the reason. i'd rather not know, than be told i'm so many cm dilated, get all excited, then have to wait for another 2 weeks.

on a totally different subject, my gums have swollen up hugely today. they don't hurt at all, but they do bleed when i brush my teeth and look super weird.

unless it's an emergency there's no point in my trying to see my dentist as he has about a 6 week wait. just wondering whether anyone else has had this?

Not with this pregnancy but with my other ones it did. I ask and they said it was all the hormones and nothing they could do.

MYPRINCEssB my section is on july 6th too! :D

had a scan yesterday and little lady is doing fine, and weighs just under 7lb already!

I don't know what to think about these, ladies. in the past hour I have had a mild 15 to 30 second contraction every 7 to 10 minutes.. they aren't painful but I can definitely tell they aren't just braxton hicks I hope this leads to something!! so weird but I've been having this urgent restless feeling lately that I need to get everything done. not nesting. just my sewing project hahaha but it won't go away and I feel like she could come any day even though I'm only about 35 weeks.. weird right?

Peace, thinking of you and tiny girl today -- hope that kidney's looking good.

Biliboi, at least the meds are working. Poor you, you've had a really stressful end to this pregnancy.

Frisbee, keep us posted! My younger DD was born at 34 weeks, perfectly healthy and came home with me two days later. Exciting times!!!

AFM, I'm having a lot of cramping and backache. I've been losing my mucous plug for 3 or 4 days now -- with my last 2 pregnancies my waters broke after about 10 days of that, although I know it's a sign that doesn't have to mean anything. On a less pleasant note, my MS is back with a vengeance and I'm vomiting every morning. I'm feeling very hard done by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->