• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Babies!

Yeah the nickname maddie is why we love the name! We had to admit her to the hospital on Thursday, her jaundice was getting bad. They kept her over night under the bill light and we pumped her full of food. She wasn't getting enough from breastfeeding. I'm trying to pump but my supply is slowly disappearing. Im trying not to give up but its getting hard when she doesn't latch. We were able to bring her home Friday and she's doing so much better. Its definitely not how I expected to start things but she's healthy now and that's all that matters.

just a quick one as typing one handed with baby asleep in other, but just wanted to say don't give up on the BF. jack was also jaundiced and had to go under the light and i had to pump pretty much condstantly when he wasn't feeding. he lost quite a lot of weight in the first 3 days and as a result was so hungry at one point he fed nearly constantly for 4 hours (2-6am!) i was in tears and ready to give up. however it all paid off - his jaundice improved heaps, my supply has increased, his latch improved and he's putting weight on really well. good luck, i hope things improve for you.

Yeah the nickname maddie is why we love the name! We had to admit her to the hospital on Thursday, her jaundice was getting bad. They kept her over night under the bill light and we pumped her full of food. She wasn't getting enough from breastfeeding. I'm trying to pump but my supply is slowly disappearing. Im trying not to give up but its getting hard when she doesn't latch. We were able to bring her home Friday and she's doing so much better. Its definitely not how I expected to start things but she's healthy now and that's all that matters.

just a quick one as typing one handed with baby asleep in other, but just wanted to say don't give up on the BF. jack was also jaundiced and had to go under the light and i had to pump pretty much condstantly when he wasn't feeding. he lost quite a lot of weight in the first 3 days and as a result was so hungry at one point he fed nearly constantly for 4 hours (2-6am!) i was in tears and ready to give up. however it all paid off - his jaundice improved heaps, my supply has increased, his latch improved and he's putting weight on really well. good luck, i hope things improve for you.
Thanks for the support. How often were you pumping because I'm pumping every 2-4 hours and my supply is still low...also my nipples are starting develop blisters which makes it hard to put her to the breast. She latches pretty well, she just doesn't want to suck hard enough.

I only actually pumped three times in about 12 hours. He just wouldn't settle under the lights so the rest of the time they gave him to me to feed to try and put him to sleep, like I said, at one point he fed pretty much non-stop for four hours. I had quite bad blisters too so between them, the tiredness and the sight of him naked under those lights with those silly goggles on, I couldn't stop crying.
If she's latching well you'll get past the blisters. He wasnt latching well to begin with so got help from the midwives. After tbat I knew he was latchng well, but because of the blisters it still hurt for 2 or 3 days. It's heaps better today though so doesn't take long to work through.

well ladies, my waters started leaking around 3 hours ago!! Im going to be having this baby soon! midwife just checked me and said I went from 3cm last night to 4cm today.. and she just broke the rest of my waters (OUCH! :wacko: ) Wish me luck!! :happydance:

well ladies, my waters started leaking around 3 hours ago!! Im going to be having this baby soon! midwife just checked me and said I went from 3cm last night to 4cm today.. and she just broke the rest of my waters (OUCH! :wacko: ) Wish me luck!! :happydance:

Wahoo! Good luck!

Goodluck!! I'm being induced tomorrow morning!

Good Luck Ladies I am excited for all of you. I hope I will be soon

Good luck! Is anyone like me.. still waiting for baby with no symptoms or induction date as a light at the end of the tunnel? :(

Good luck! Is anyone like me.. still waiting for baby with no symptoms or induction date as a light at the end of the tunnel? :(

I've only had light cramping here and there and those stabbing pains in the cervix. Apart from those..zilch! I do have a sweep tomorrow but that's probably because I opted to have my baby at a birth center so they'll want to do as much as 3 sweeps before 42 weeks. If all fails, I'll have to go to the labour ward for an induction :(

Good luck, i cant even get a sweep. They wont do them til 41 weeks here unfortunately :(

I'm still waiting, 12 days late today!!!! Baby was due 5th July. I spent weeks trying everything in the book to get things going and have had 2 sweeps, nothing!!! X

I am still waiting but I am only 38 weeks 4 days so I am sure I have a while but that is ok I guess I am ready when ever this little one is.

:wave: girls, you probably don't remember me, but I was in the thread when it first began. Just popping in to see the new arrivals :) Massive congratulations to all of you who have had your babies (gorgeous pics btw), and good luck for all the imminent arrivals! x x

:wave: girls, you probably don't remember me, but I was in the thread when it first began. Just popping in to see the new arrivals :) Massive congratulations to all of you who have had your babies (gorgeous pics btw), and good luck for all the imminent arrivals! x x
i certainly remember you - I hope all is well with you and thanks for popping back in here. You and others in a similar position have been in my thoughts lately
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"