July Babies!

I started having some hip pain last night. I was running on the treadmill and it started, since then it has been on and off. I found that stretching has helped out a lot. I also used a heating pad, and that helped too. I'm trying to avoid taking anything for the pain, even though it's fine.

I am also taking a few days off of running and hope that it gets better with a little bit of rest.

My hip pain started after swimming on weds but is still here. Also having back pain and some pain in my groin. Grr x

so i'm feeling entirely stupid today. we're moving house next weekend so i was packing this afternoon. i had some really heavy boxes and i was trying to move one out of my way and just pushed it with my leg and something went ping, right at the top inside of my right leg. it's so painful that i can hardly walk. add to that the constant nausea, sciatica and (i think) round ligament pain and i am now a pretty useless wife. i'm currently sat on the sofa with an ice pack up my skirt. i wasn't expecting to have to do this for another 6 months!

not entirely baby related i know, but i just needed to share my stupidity with someone!

as for how long i'm going to work - i'm hoping to work right up until my due date, but i'll have to see how i go. i'm a teacher so towards the end there may be lots of silent reading and relaxation lessons! i can start my maternity leave up to 4 weeks before my due date, but being dirty rotten foreigners (aka new residents in australia) we don't get as much maternity leave as everyone else, and dh doesn't earn enough for us to live on. so basically i'll work until i'm physically unable, and then if i have to stop working hopefully i'll be able to take it as sick leave.
i was in my car yesterday and it occured to me that i have sit a in a certain position in order to reach the pedals, and i'm not sure that the distance from my stomach to the stearing wheel is enough to accomodate a 9 month belly! fortunately i live really close to school so i'm sure i'll be able to get a lift if driving becomes an issue!

You may already be aware but in the UK, dont know if its same in Oz, but if you need sick leave close to your due date, it automatically triggers maternity leave!

Really, I didn't know that! I'd much rather have more maternity leave after cos.it's due in July so I want xmas off too,so I hope I'm not too big and cumbersome! Xx yay peach baby today!

You may already be aware but in the UK, dont know if its same in Oz, but if you need sick leave close to your due date, it automatically triggers maternity leave!

ah rubbish! i hope it's not the same here, i only get 14 weeks so if i have to take some before my due date that won't leave much at all. our registrar is pretty good at putting through leave requests in the way that will benefit you the most. i don't think it doesn't cost the school any more as all pay come from the dept for education.
oh well, i normally really push myself to be at school every day even if i'm not feeling great (as long as it's nothing contagious!) but i'm not going to now i'm pregnant. if i need a day of i'll take it and hopefully i'll make it in one piece to July.

I will be aiming for 2 weeks before DD, I did that with DD1 and it worked great, with DD2 I stopped a month before hand and it was REALLY long and boring just waiting, but I'm doing a different role this time which I'm hoping will make it easier to keep working plus I only work 2 days

I'm worried about driving in the late stages, too. My legs are really short so I need my seat pulled up as far as possible to reach the pedals. Plus, we live in the middle of nowhere, so driving's a necessity!!

Here it's mandatory to take maternity leave at least two weeks before the baby's born. That would be the very end of June, when the kids finish school, so it works out perfectly. Hopefully nothing unexpected happens so that I need to finish before then.

Eek i know its a long way off but talking about maternity leave makes me EXCITED!!! Not only cos it means BABY, but ive never had more than 2 weeks off work, EVER.. and ive been working since i was 16! Not saying im gonna be relaxing, but still will be nice not to have to go to work for 6 whole months! :o)

Ok i think its about time we had a July Babies banner. Hope you all like. If not, then ill make another... Ive put it in my signature.

Ill send you the code if necessary. Please add to your signature (if you want to! and are as excited as i am) xxxx

"
https://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2012/01/08/04bed93a48e3231ac631e1625ab0d155.gif"

Hello girls!

My due date were 8 th of July, and after my scan it is mooved to 11th of July, which is MY BIRTHDAY!!! lol

I am really hoping for girl!!!

https://s009.radikal.ru/i307/1201/6c/6af08188cdc0.jpg

In 2 weeks time I will find out who's heart is beating under mine :)

I am 13 weeks & 5 days :)

Ok i think its about time we had a July Babies banner. Hope you all like. If not, then ill make another... Ive put it in my signature.

Ill send you the code if necessary. Please add to your signature (if you want to! and are as excited as i am) xxxx

"
https://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2012/01/08/04bed93a48e3231ac631e1625ab0d155.gif"

Oooh yes please!!

How's everyone feeling today? Hope everyone had a good nights sleep, play school starts back today and although I love my daughter I don't know who was more excited this morning!! :happydance:

still nauseous, water giving me horrid indigestion, what are you all drinking thats not water?

Maternity leave! So we work in a family environment and my father, who owns the business, said to me the other day...We could hire someone in your place, but it would be almost pointless because you won't need more than two or three weeks. ????

I just laughed and laughed. Dear Father! It is like he doesn't have three children, two grandchildren and countless nieces and nephews.

Peace - haha, yeah... tell your dad it's 6 weeks in America! LOL (not nearly long enough)

AFM, I just noticed my next OB/GYN appointment is in TEN days!!!!!!!! I'm getting really excited!!!!!!!!

oh my goodness I FINALLY found and obgyn/midwife office close to where I live!! I have my FIRST appointment tomorrow!! Hopefully they dont judge me when I tell them Im 11 weeks... :blush: Thats what happens though when I dont even think Im pregnant and havent had a period since AUGUST! Hopefully they will understand :)

fris- they won't judge you. a lot of OBGYNS not are not starting to take pts until 10-11 weeks anyways :) Good luck and update!!

Blueberrymuffin - I'm drinking diet coke :blush: yep I know not the best but it really seriously helps me with the nausea

Peace - yeah you can tell he never 'gave birth'!!!

SLCmommy - that's coming up soon, got my scan on thurs I'm so nervous

Fris - I don't think they will judge, lots of women don't realise they are pregnant til much further on, good luck x

My appt is in half an hour! Im so excited.. I just hope they dont want to take tons of vials of blood.. my veins are really tiny so they almost NEVER get a draw on the first try :( I almost always have to get it draw from my wrists or hands, my veins are simply too small BLEH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->