July Babies!

My appt is in half an hour! Im so excited.. I just hope they dont want to take tons of vials of blood.. my veins are really tiny so they almost NEVER get a draw on the first try :( I almost always have to get it draw from my wrists or hands, my veins are simply too small BLEH.

Arrrhh good luck, let us know how you get on :happydance:

Hi all, I have had a very rough week. First DH really stressed me out thursday night and I was in pain the entire weekend. I have chronic tension issues so was dealing with the neck and shoulder pains and the massive headaches. Monday morning I woke up with a severe stomach virus and I am just now starting to feel "normal". All day monday, I was worried about the baby but yesterday we saw the baby on the scan..everything measured wondday erfully. The baby was stubborn. I had to get up and walk (and I was still very weak)! That made the baby turn. I learned yesterday that I have lost ten pounds since my bfp which is a bit disturbing as I do eat although my eating habits have changed. I hope to be able to go back to work tomorrow.

Oh, for the chocolate lovers, a friend gave me a link to an article that says chocolate reduces the risk of pre eclampsia (good argument to use!).

As for morning sickness, I haven't eaten properly since Sunday but have not tried to drink water either. I have been drinking caffeine free soda and fruit juices. I have tried water with lemon but that didn't help too much.

They took blood yesterday and I thought I was going to pass out but I did warn the lab tech that I hadn't eaten properly and she did a goood job to ensure I was ok.

I will be working until june 21st as that will be when my first summer contract expires. I will have time off before my due date to get things organized.

Anyone not know what they will do with their other children while in the hospital? I have a 2 year old and neither family is able to watch him. I am working on making arrangments to have him stay with his daycare worker (in home daycare..he has been there since may of 2010). He has stayed the night there when we needed a night out so I feel very comfortable with her but my concern is what if I go in labor in themiddle of the night? I have a neighbor but she is NOT mentally capable of taking care of him! Part of me wants an induction just because he will be placed but OMG I HATED IT!!

Sorry for the long post.

ooo frisbee that stinks! Maybe the baby will increase blood flow so much it will be easy on you!

Every time we go running, dh wants to feel the blood pump to the baby. On either side of my pelvis, right by my hip bone, the blood pumps very hard. It is amazing!

frisbeemama12- How did the appt go? :hugs:

overcome79- Man you have had a bad weekend. I hope this one coming is better for you. LO being stubborn already! Yikes!! LOL I hope you can find care for your 2 year old. I will be home and my parents will be able to watch Jace & Bryelle for us.

peacelikeariv- I exercise regularly too but I can't run. It makes me so out of breath. I have asthma and I have so much trouble controlling my breathing in the cold when I run. Mark said "Would you quit breathing so hard! You sound like someone is beating it up!" :blush: I should have punched him! :lol:

Also, I am having hardcore Morning Sickness again today! :cry: I was fine yesterday and thought "Yes, it is easing up finally!" I think I jinxed myself. :dohh:

yesterday I had just the basic paperwork appt filling all the consent forms and meeting my midwife. They only took 1 vial of blood to check my hcg but the lady that did it hit the very first try!! But because they couldnt find the heartbeat with the doppler, they made me come back today and do an ultrasound.. Everything is perfect!!! Baby is measuring at 12 weeks exact and I finally got to hear the heartbeat!!! Im so happy right now :) HOWEVER they did the prenatal blood draw today too OH MY WORD.. ouch. It wasnt the same woman as yesterday and as such I have 4 fresh bruises where she tried and failed, I ended up waiting about 30 minutes for the same woman I had yesterday and She hit on her first try!!!! Im requesting her if I ever need to give more blood :haha: OH they also said that I might have an anterior placenta which just means the placenta is covering the baby so its hard to hear the heartbeat on the doppler and I might not be able to feel baby kick as much :(

frisbee- It is a must to request the good ones! I am cool with trainees on most anything, but sticking needles needs someone realllllly good! I am glad you found someone that could work well with you!

majm - I have kept up with my squats, running and small weights with my arms. I have trouble getting down on the floor already for scissors and such. I can't hardly stretch out properly without pressure in my stomach. Can't wait till we are all big as bears... What type of exercises have been working for you? I am looking for some new things. Mine are getting old fast!

Overcomer - Hope things calm down and you get to feeling better soon!

Hel5 - Feel no shame for the diet coke. The baby wants what the baby wants! haha I quit drinking all soft drinks at the request of my mother when I was almost 12 years old. She told me they were pretty bad on our bodies and if I could quit while I was young, I would feel better for years to come. She is a good Momma. Never told me I had to do something, always a suggester and I did exactly as she suggested. :hugs: Back to the cokes though, Dh is an avid diet pepsi drinker and they smell amazing to me! If I was not afraid my body would go into complete lockdown, I would have a drink!

Thanks peace, when I was pregnant with Emma I ran peoples weddings, one day my (male) manager said I hope your not going to drink that diet coke, I said it was either that or puke on the bride which would you prefer - he went to get me a glass with ice :rofl:

Frisbee I'm glad you found someone that is good, demand her each time, although I don't think ever gave blood more than once each pregnancy :shrug:

I agree I have absolutely no probes with students, but here's another thing NEVER to let anyone but an experienced midwife do ..... Stitch you up down there!! :rofl:

Just back from my scan, now have an official date of 13th July (it's a Friday - Friday the 13th :dohh:) also down for the midwife led clinic which is good and I managed to get the to write on the front of my folder that I have a history precipitated labours (v quick) and didn't have to see the consultant (there is always a ridiculously long queue) so was out in just over an hour, so all in all it was good

Hope everyone is feeling ok xx

I've been doing Body Balance but I was looking today at some exercise DVD's. It's hard to know what would be ok, some of the reviews say they are a bit tough etc.

Hel - my DH is a Friday 13th baby!

hel_5 I think Ill have to get my blood drawn 1 more time.. which will be my 3rd time already this pregnancy :haha: Ill be doing a blood test for genetic testing and when pregnant I get slightly anemic so they want to check on it when I officially enter my 2nd trimester so in a month. :)

Just dropping in to say hi.
Am kind of ignoring my pregnancy as my mums ill so I dong feel much like being excited. Can't believe she might not get to meet her grandchild :(

Am kind of ignoring my pregnancy as my mums ill so I dong feel much like being excited. Can't believe she might not get to meet her grandchild :(

It's horrible isn't it? My MIL died suddenly and unexpectedly on 11th Dec and i am struggling to come to terms with the fact she'll never meet our baby. She was only 55. So unfair.
Thinking of you :hugs:

I can't wait for MAT leave. I am taking a year but because i still get annual leave (32 days per year not including bank hols), and have to take it before baby comes, i will have to leave on or around 26th April! Over 2 months before baby due. Will then go back to work week commencing 17th June 2013. I love writing that. I work for the govt and get 90% pay for 6 weeks, then 50% plus SMP (£130per week) for a further 12 weeks then SMP - £130 per week until March 2013, then nothing until i go back in June. Will have to budget starting from now!

hello ladies, due July 16 th, havent posted too much as been really nervous about my scan but had it yesterday and all was well.. Beth xx

Oh hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: life's just not fair sometimes xx

Mlyn - you are so lucky, we get 26 weeks with the option of 26 weeks unpaid

Bethyb welcome, always good to have another one, how's your pregnancy being going so far for you?

Forgot to say yest when we were at the hosp the midwife went off to test my urine sample and came back with it (wrapped in paper) and handed it BACK to me - still full, she said the are no longer allowed to dispose of them and have to give them back!!! :wacko: that reminds me I think it's still in my handbag, somewhere.....

Overcomer, I'm sorry you've had a rotten week -- hopefully things will turn soon. I'm still vomiting most days although the worst of the nausea is gone. I feel conned that it's still continuing into the second tri! I have the opposite problem with my kids -- my girls are 10 and 13 and really want to share the birth process. My answer is a definite "no!!".

Hel & Conina -- I'm due Friday 13th too. There's a real synchronicity to it as I got my BFP on Hallowe'en. I'm also in Ireland -- Donegal.

Frisbee -- my sister's a nurse and taking a phlebotomy course, and I've volunteered to be her blood-sticking guinea pig. I never have any problems with bloods but I admit I'm wondering what I've let myself in for.

Beanhunter -- :hugs:

Invivo always good to meet someone else from Ireland, I'm down in west cork, glad it's not just me with that DD, although knowing me I will give birth on that day!! X

Well I am finally at work! I am so far behind. I went to bed with severe back pain (pain scale 8)..tried to sleep it off and it wouldn't go so we called the OB on call who dismissed it saying take tylenol and a heating pad. I have a long winded post in first tri so will try to be brief but we took me to urgent care (had a car accident on the way) to find out I have a UTI...my back pain after one treatment is 75 percent gone...:dohh:

Can't dispose of your pee? What in the world are public restrooms like over there?!?! :haha:

I'm in Belfast - we're practically as far away from eachother as possible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->